Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake problem and she's pissed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problem and she's pissed!!!

Well, here's the deal....
I installed SS brake lines and rotors on my SS. About the time I got the brake lines loose, I was called away on an emergency at work. When I returned, the reservoir was empty. I I filled it back up and strated to do the "traditional" brake bleeding deal.. Starting with the RR and ending with the LF. I had to bleed each caliper about 6-8 times to achive a firm pedal that would keep its' feel. So I put the wheels back on and started it up and the freakin pedal goes to the floor.
<font color="red">
So, my wife is really pissed now because she can't drive the "cool" car, and it is going to be a long week if I can't get this figured out. Please try and help me!! <!--color--></font>

I have almost no pedal with the car started, and all lines are tight, no leaks.

I have read a little about the ABS bleeding thing, and was wondering if that is the culprit?? I really need this car back on the road.

thanks,
Crusher
Old 08-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Brake problem and she's pissed!!!

when i first changed my brakes, i had no pedal AT ALL...but i drove it around and slowley but surely they came back...so i parked my car and later that night i was gonna go out..and same thing happend...but after driving it a few miles everything came back perfect...my suggestion is take the car and drive it around..but becarefull!
Old 08-04-2003, 06:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Brake problem and she's pissed!!!

If you let the reservoir run dry, you now have to remove the MC and bench bleed it to get all the air out.

And when chasing an air bubble, you bleed just opposite normal ... LF, RF, LR, RR ...

A Tech 2 is required to bleed the ABS unit ...
I know there has been a lot of discussion about a 10mph ABS event, leave car running, re-bleed ... blah, blah, blah ...

I have bled GALLONS of brake fluid through my car, using that methodology. I have yet to see any truth to it ...