Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can anyplace align my car???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can anyplace align my car???

I have lowered my car with Hotchkis springs. I have heard that you need some sort of camber kit (????) in order to align the car. is this true or I can I simply take it to NTB or wherever and have the alignment done?

If I do need the camber kit....where do I get it from?

jess
Old 04-23-2008, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There isnt a "camber kit" for our cars, I know I've seen some imports need them but you will be fine. Hell, a couple weeks back I installed just about every UMI piece made along with Konis, Strano springs and bars and just took it down to the local Goodyear tire shop for an alignment. No worries.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got the Eibach pro kit in my car. When I installed it, back in '96, I lenghtened the a-arm pivot bolt slots by 1/4" or so, just in case. I dont know for sure if it was necessary, but I've never had problems getting it aligned.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Also, I only have to have a front end alignment since our cars do not have IRS, correct?
Old 04-24-2008, 06:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by novajess1972
Also, I only have to have a front end alignment since our cars do not have IRS, correct?

correct.......

However, if you have added any adjustable components to the rear of the car, a "4 wheel alignment" will be able to tell you if all the wheels are parallel and perpendicular to each other.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
correct.......

However, if you have added any adjustable components to the rear of the car, a "4 wheel alignment" will be able to tell you if all the wheels are parallel and perpendicular to each other.
THANKS!!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

There is no 'camber kit' for our cars.
Sam (Strano) has offset control arm bushings that allow maximum (MUCH grater than possible stock) negative camber for handling purposes, but this is a hardcore road course/autocross (it's not even legal in F/Stock autocross class) part.

What you may have heard is that there is a GM tool, shaped like a kitchen cabinet handle, which lets the alignment tech keep the camber settings steady while he messes with the caster settings.
NOT all alignment places have this tool, but it is possible to get a good max negative camber, max positive caster setting without it.