Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squeeking from rear, UMI help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeeking from rear, UMI help!

OK i tried a search but it didn't yield many results but here is my problem. about a month ago I installed an on car adjustable panhard bar poly/rod end from UMI, lower control arms solid poly/poly, and the bolt in relocation brackets. well just today i noticed, even at idle, something from the rear is squeeking.

at first i thought it was the hatch but i opened it and i can still hear it, i kinda moved around and sounds like its coming from underneath, its dark and rainy so i didnt have a chance to get underneath but i will check tomorrow.

anyone have any idea what this could be? i greased the zert fittings and all, or is this common for the rod end to be noisy as such?

thanks!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

sounds like the exhaust to me
Old 05-10-2008, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

I just finished installing a whole front UMI tubuler setup and I only have a squeek coming from the passenger side. did you grease up the bushing before you put them in?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yup, those poly ends squeak!

Grease them up like a **** and they squeak after a short while, atleast for me thats how it went. Regardless of MFG they all seem to do it, I ran UMI and BMR stuff and the squeaks came from both.

I got feed up with the grease and squeaks... switched over everything to rod-ended on both side and the sqeaks went away!

Funny how some people can run this stuff without a single noise coming from them, and others sound like their car is hauling a trunk full of canaries.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't count on trying to eliminate every squeak and rattle in the car. This car isn't really built like a Honda or BMW or anything. Poly bushings can def squeak if they aren't greased enough. But I wouldn't get hung up on eliminated every squeak and rattle with the car. Hell most cars have some kind of rattle in them. Even my Acura did, but it was intermittent
Old 05-10-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ah, i see. i put only about 1 1/2 pumps of grease in each fitting, that should be more than enough, i didn't know that they squeeked like they do. oh well. thanks for the help!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

I doubt it's the bushings; not if it's doing it while sitting at a idle. Probably a loose suspension nut or bolt. Also could be a Loose/ rubbing exhaust component.IMO

Quick Reply: Squeeking from rear, UMI help!