Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Holy Relocation and new shocks BATMAN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holy Relocation and new shocks BATMAN!

Wow holy jeebus I can not believe for the last 4 years I have been riding around in the "log truck" SS. Me and a friend installed my UMI LCA Relo Brackets and new Bilstein HD shocks( replacing the completely ******* worn out Bilstein NOT HD shocks that I bought back in 03/04 that were not HD by any means ..live and learn). WOW what a freaking difference, tires are bald as **** so couldnt get any really good launches but with the LCA's on the lowest setting absolutely zero wheel hop. The ride feel is almost back to stock now, cannot believe that I never did this before now! I'm sure the HD shocks contribute alot but man what a difference. If any of you guys are lowered out there and haven't done the LCA Relo's yet do it now.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd love to feel what launching on the relo brackets feels like. Though I do racing that involves turning, so I don't want the roll induced oversteer around fast corners.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I bet it was really bad in reverse before, I know mine was.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Just the amount of play the rear had before. I mean go over a slight dip in the road and it would slam up into the bump stops. Stopped taking it on road trips to see my parents because the ride was so bad but not now!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

I actually blew a rear end from this ... After i had gotten my cam tuned.. I figured id do a WOT run ,and wheel hopped bad on the freeway doing about 65, mph.. It never was the same from that day on and just got worse. (eaton diff,3.73's,strange axles).. stupid beater. I had prokit ,lca, phb ... no relocation brackets at the time . Needless to say i think i bought some like 3 weeks later after i bought a new 10 bolt ,eh

So yes getting your lca angle back to correct does help lol..