Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Has anybody destroyed an Edlebrock Torque Arm yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anybody destroyed an Edlebrock Torque Arm yet?

Just curious if the Edlebrock unit will be able to withstand my Hotcammed + stock head Z28.

I've destroyed 2 stock Torque arms now. . . first time was over time. . .

2nd time, on a 1-2 shift, on 245 nitto DR's, on the street, with 4.10's in the stock 10 bolt diff!

You'd figure the car would spin or the little 4.10's would break, but NO!

Anyways, the plan is to do the Edlebrock.

later
Mike
Old 08-13-2003, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Has anybody destroyed an Edlebrock Torque Arm yet?

Something is wrong with your suspension setup if you have destroyed two TQ arms with your power level. I am running the stocker with an Energy Suspension mount in the clamshell mount in my 99 SS with 414rwhp and 6000rpm dumps with slicks. One of the key things to break torque arms is the bolts loosen up and let the arm move some. I know some guys running 10.80s with the stock tq arm with M6 trannies. Look at your chassis set-up for a specific cause. Also wheel hop break tq arms too, probably as much as loose bolts. Replace your lower controls with stronger ones.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Has anybody destroyed an Edlebrock Torque Arm yet?

I second 14u2nv, something must be askew (yeah, got that one right on my I.Q Test). I'd say with a mostly stock engine and you've already messed up two Torque Arms, I would have probably gone through about ten. Only 10,000 miles on the car but I drive like an *** and no problems yet. Wish I could be more of a help. Good luck