Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Sway Bar Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
That's the point!!!! When was Sam given a chance to resolve this before a post with this inflamatory of a title was ever started????
I hardly think that title is inflammatory, it's just stating a fact: Someone bought a sway bar and it doesn't fit. Inflammatory would be along the lines of "Sams products suck ***, don't ever buy them at all costs".

As someone who just ordered a set of Sam's sway bars last week I'm interested to see what the issue is since I really don't want to go through the same thing. I have no doubt Sam will make things right since any smart business man would do the same.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

I disagree with you guys who are upset at this thread being made. The original poster wanted to share that the bar wouldn't fit and wanted to see if anyone else had the problem. It seems like his was actually the first to not fit at all, as long as he tried. The rest of the pack it was either a tight fit or it went on perfectly. No big deal.

It's obviously there's a QC issue with Addco's d bracket stamping machine, even Sam mentioned that to me. That's a small headache which is easily remedied with a minute of filing the holes.

Regardless I'll always buy from Sam when I can
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Wow... 5 pages over the course of a day. Sorry I was away and couldn't have nipped this in the bud sooner.

I'm a big boy and here goes:

Not much is perfect, and as you can see there are a lot of folks with no issues. From time to time something goes wrong and we do our best to make it right.

I don't make the bars, they are made by a company for me. Over the years we've made a few changes to try and deal with the few issues that crop up from time to time.

The bends on the front bar were always tight, and purposely to save bar material and weight. What we found was that sometimes a few bars would be bend in slightly the wrong location and just not fit across the middle. This is similar to bending exhaust tubing, sometimes you get the bend wrong. We've brought this up and felt it best to make add some length across the center section of the bar to help fit in the few cases it's been an issue. Because the bars are not serial numbered I can't know where they all went or are, and felt that if there was an issue I'd be made aware. Given the nature of the 'net I think we can agree that "issues" are talked about even when the are minor, let alone huge. Here we are and this is the first such thread.

If you have a bar bend too tight, we'll get with Addco and get you a new one ASAP. Period.

I wish that it wouldn't have resulted in a 5 page thread since that could not produce anything useful for anyone. I'd love to say that everything is perfect all the time, it's not. I do my best, as I think most do and this is why I've become more adamant about getting exactly what I want and why my springs are made by who/where they are. The fact is that's not practical on the bars, and the very few troubles we've had are easily resolved.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 06-16-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no ones bashing your product sam... just stating it didnt fit, and we were simply looking to see if anyone else had similar issues....
Its good to know this will get resolved! I just feel bad for Chris, and im hoping next time we get the car on jack stands we'll be able to get the job completed
Old 06-16-2008, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
From time to time something goes wrong and we do our best to make it right.

I don't make the bars, they are made by a company for me. Over the years we've made a few changes to try and deal with the few issues that crop up from time to time.

If you have a bar bend too tight, we'll get with Addco and get you a new one ASAP. Period.
See now? Everything's gonna be ok. There's no need for anyone to get worked up about inflamatory whatevers and there's a little more info on the board than there was before in case anyone runs into this situation in the future.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I understand... but I ask you all to understand that this is the internet. While most of you who frequent here know me and that I'll not leave you, not everyone does. And impressions last a long, long time. Regardless of the intent often what is said isn't always taken as it's meant.

We will resolve the trouble. I don't think anyone was bashing, but there are consequences to statements made, and nothing here was going to fix bends in the wrong spot.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Dissappointing to see someone complain about a product on a Saturday and a Sunday, WITHOUT waiting to contact the seller or the supplier first thing on Monday . . .

Yes I understand it is dissappointing to receive a product and it doesn't fit.

Unfortuante to see that you guys installed two bars by one supplier, and one gave you problems.

Unfortunately it occurs, and USUALLY the issue is resolved without slinging mud around on a public forum . . .
I think I've said 4 times in this thread I am NOT bashing Sam or his products, but was posting in order to 1) see if this was common and 2) If there happened to be a way to fix it.

Unfortunately, it seems like a new bar is in need as, for some reason, it is way off.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bud M
I don't see it as mud slinging. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. If a guy reports that a batch of swaybars is made to the wrong specs, he's not questioning anybody's integrity. And when Sam has a chance to resolve the problem, we'll get to hear about how that went and everyone can live happliy ever after.
Exactly. Read my next post as you guessed it.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sam just called me and left a number to the company who makes the bars. It sucks I was away from my phone or else I would liked to talk to him and set some things clear with how I'm not mad at anyone.

I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Junkie

good luck chris.... AND STOP BASHING THE SWAY BAR DAMNIT!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
good luck chris.... AND STOP BASHING THE SWAY BAR DAMNIT!!!
Hahaha golly I should stop huh?

I'll let you know what's up Joey.

You down to try with the koni's/strano springs/ panhard bar sometime soon?
Old 06-16-2008, 06:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

So now that we've worked that out, can we stop posting in here? Especially when we aren't really discussing the matter @ hand anymore. Something about a now 6 page thread that's not got the best title continually popping up that's giving me heartburn. I don't think it's fair, and have made changes to the bars long prior to this to address the few issues that popped up.

Thank you,
Old 06-16-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
So now that we've worked that out, can we stop posting in here? Especially when we aren't really discussing the matter @ hand anymore. Something about a now 6 page thread that's not got the best title continually popping up that's giving me heartburn. I don't think it's fair, and have made changes to the bars long prior to this to address the few issues that popped up.

Thank you,
Just incase some other, future, scenarios come up, I renamed the thread title for you Sam. Just incase.

Edit: Ok, I guess the re naming of the thread title actually doesn't change the thread title on the main page...

I'll post another thread if need be, in that case.

Quick Reply: Strano Sway Bar Install