Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lca

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lca

am i better off with the 1le bushings on the original LCA or buying a set of these.
http://umiperformance.com/2015?category_id=119

my car sits in the garage except for a 15 mile drive maybe twice a week. i work and go to school and drive a carolla dd so my camaro has a lot of downtime. dont race, drag, or autox
Old 06-20-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
am i better off with the 1le bushings on the original LCA or buying a set of these.
http://umiperformance.com/2015?category_id=119

my car sits in the garage except for a 15 mile drive maybe twice a week. i work and go to school and drive a carolla dd so my camaro has a lot of downtime. dont race, drag, or autox
1LE bushings. The relevant information refers back to your other threads.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Based on your driving you will be just fine with the non-adjustable control arms.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 06-20-2008, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

anyone with the non-adjustables please chim in.

fox no offense but i know your opinion id like to hear someone that has them now. thanks.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone with the non-adjustables please chim in.

fox no offense but i know your opinion id like to hear someone that has them now. thanks.

Fact of the matter is that the physics of poly bushes and heavy arms will not change no matter how many people buy them. Poly bushings will cause excessive bind, plus many arms will add unsprung weight to an already heavily unsprung rear. You've stated that this car is not for drag racing, nor a daily driver, yet why would you spend more money to get less performance?

Deny it all you want, it's still doesn't change the physics of how they're designed.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm with Foxxtron

The purpose of control arms is to connect the rear axle to the chassis of the car and allow free movement to let the shocks, springs, and swaybars do their job with controlling suspension. If I were to make a choice here, I'd either go with the 1LE bushings on stock control arms, the dual rod end since the rod ends allow movement, or a rod/poly combo arm. I'd probably go with the 1LE personally when I get around to it.

If you get an opinion from someone who likes their poly/poly arms and how well the car handles with them, in most cases its probably someone who doesn't understand how suspension is supposed to work. Poly/poly non adjustable arms are very stiff and can act like a swaybar and flexing the chassis and axle mount points. If you ask me, that's not what I want my LCAs doing. Now if your a drag racer then that might not be such a bad thing. It's your call in any case.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 AM
12 Second Club

if you are planning on lowering you car in the future and doing relocation brackets, get the adj. LCA, I just ran into this problem few days ago, and know I'm paying for it! Now I'm waiting for my ''on car adj lca'' to show up in the mail! good luck man
Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have non adjustible poly/poly arms and I noticed no difference after installing them. I'd leave the stock arms on if I were you considering you don't drag, autoX, or even drive the car.

Last edited by INMY01TA; 06-22-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

I have the non adjustable poly/poly UMI LCA's and noticed no difference. Then I bought another car, same basic suspension except 100% stock. After driving the stock one for a while and then driving the one with the UMI LCA's there is a huge difference.

And I don't buy into the non adj poly/poly is for straight line only bs.
Maybe it's not the best for auto x but for street it's pretty damn good.
I had a drag only car and i could whip it around 180* and one rear tire would come off the ground, it was stiff.
The car with the poly lca's handles great around tight corners and even 180* half donuts for testing or whatever.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

i have the UMI non-adjustables on my car without relocation brackets. i dont drag, autox or anything either. i'd recommend them. got rid of most of the wheel hop, and even when the wheels are bouncing now they're still sticking. they firm up the ride too. makes it feel much more stable and solid. cornering is a little better as well. before i got them i read about people not liking the bind coming out of corners. only difference i noticed is the car likes to straighten out quicker which i see as a positive thing.

i'm not being ignorant to the fact that the poly bushings don't allow for flexing. i just feel that as long as you're not taking every corner at insane speeds and putting massive amounts of stress on things nothing's going to break. if they were that dangerous they wouldn't be being produced.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

My car had poly/poly LCA's on it when I bought it from the dealership - the only mod on an otherwise stock car. I really don't notice any difference in daily driving from other cars - like my 01 - without them. I grease them a couple of times a year and that's it.

I seem to launch better than my friend's car without them, but that is probably due to other factors.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

1le bushings/stock arms here. Got rid of some nasty clunky noises going over bumps.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't personally know what happens with those poly/poly bushings in the non adjustable arms to be honest. But I do know that 1LE arms with solid rubber bushings hold up as good as any of the poly bushings and are well proven.

Whether what people say about poly bushings is real or myth, I know I can go with the 1LE bushings and know what I'm getting into. I get a lot of info on poly bushings from many different people. The road racing and autox guys sway heavily toward the 1LE direction, so for me it would be a no brainer. For those going with poly poly, why not just get the rod/poly? Hell even the rod/rod ended ones?
Old 06-22-2008, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

well i ordered some brand new 1LE bushing shipped to my door for 33, not bad, pretty interested to see the difference, im going to install the SFC's at the same time. should be nice.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i ordered some brand new 1LE bushing shipped to my door for 33, not bad, pretty interested to see the difference, im going to install the SFC's at the same time. should be nice.
where did you order all 4 bushings for $33

Quick Reply: Lca