Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Difference in Relocation brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Difference in Relocation brackets?

Hey fellas, im in the market for some bolt in lca relocation brackets and ive been told good things about BMR products so i was pretty set on buying some until i saw the pretty big price difference from UMI's and BMR bolt in relocation brackets. To me a relocation bracket is a relocation bracket so what am i missing here that can justify the big price difference in the two?

Ive always heard that you get what you pay for but i dont see how that can apply to the these relocation brackets, so whats the good and the bad in the two? any help is appreciated since i want to make my purchase by saturday.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't tell you, but I'd like to know also. Last time I went to the track all i did was spin with, I'm going to add some brackets and see that helps. Subscribing
Old 09-11-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Either one will work fine. There is very little different in relocation brackets other than possibly material thickness.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had both UMI and BMR, and I didn't notice a difference between the two...but so far the powdercoating on the UMI is holding up MUCH better than it did on my BMRs. It seemed like it took about a year before BMR's powedercoating started chipping off in massive amounts, as it has with damn near all of their products I've purchased until they went to their Hammerstone finish.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the interest

Our brackets will work just as well for you, we have many sets out there being used with great results.

We are also running a 10% off sale until the th of this month, information can be found here- https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/977944-umi-performance-end-summer-sale-10-off.html

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 09-12-2008, 08:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you gotta love it when a sponosr jumps in and throws an additional 10% off...fkn awesome...
Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
you gotta love it when a sponosr jumps in and throws an additional 10% off...fkn awesome...
Always glad to help
Old 09-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

My birthday is tuesday and my wife asked me what i wanted for my birthday so i brought up the page for the UMI bolt in ones and said i wanted this and walked away with the page up on the monitor so if she ordered them already this morning she probably didnt know about putting "SALE" in the coupon box oh well... i just hope shes buying them for me lol

Quick Reply: Difference in Relocation brackets?