Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Strano Spring Owners: How do you feel about the springs?
Like them, would recommend to others
82.71%
Hate them, think Strano is off his rocker
4.21%
Neither, find them no better or worse than other springs
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them, they have been on it for 2 yrs, Strano springs and Koni's good ride but I still haven't found that sweet spot in the shocks. I think I may need a bigger sway bar in the front now. But over all I like them I would put them on any F-Body.

and the car is almost level with them to I like that.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Default Lime Rock - springs

Originally Posted by 02Hawk843
Sam,

I had the springs, bars, and rod installed a few weeks ago. I am going up to Lime Rock next Thursday, and I'll let you know how I make out.

BTW- So far, I've noticed a BIG difference, especially in the way the rear tires stay planted after going over a bump in the road.
How were the springs at Lime Rock?
What group do you run with?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Default Kyb

Originally Posted by Brewski
I can't compare the KYB shocks to any others since they were on the car when I bought it but I can tell you the car loves to be driven deep into corners. This comes across especially surprising to passengers who think you're going too fast into a corner etc when in reality the car probably had another 5 to 10 mph to spare.

I can tell you while visiting South Eastern Ohio I especially enjoyed taking the car out on some of the roads in the area with lots of elevation changes and twists and turns. I throughly enjoyed driving Rt 339 between Crooked Tree and Dunganon right up until my wife started to turn green then I had to turn the enjoyment factor down a bit.

Take it easy
Brewski
What settings do you have the KYB's set to?
I just bought them but havent installed yet, Im saving up for springs.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MSchumacherfan
What settings do you have the KYB's set to?
I just bought them but havent installed yet, Im saving up for springs.

The T/A is set to 7 front 5 rear. Some others have posted they tried 7's both front and back and liked that. Since they aren't installed I'd probably start at 7's all around and then adjust down till you find what you like. I want to tackle a driveline vibation at 70+ this spring then I might upgrade the shocks to Koni's.

Take it easy
Brewski
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my thoughts Sam: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...4-4s-long.html

Great springs!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

offtopic-ish but well see how this summer goes and i make go with the koni-strano setup (kyb agx and pro kit right now) but i just wanted to say. thanks sam, no one offers service like you do. theres definately not enough people like you, keep it up man. thanks a million.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive ordered sams springs and since im deployed right now i obviously havent had time to put them on yet. however ill tell everyone my story of sam. I ordered his springs roughly 3 weeks before i went home on mid tour leave in Sept. I got home expecting the springs to be there as i often order lots of stuff off the internet cuz im bored lol. anyways i get home and my wife tells me some guy named sam called to let you know the springs for your car are back ordered. First of all i have never ever done business with anyone who owns a business and runs it take the time to call a customer and let them know that there order is back ordered. To round things out he gave my wife his number so i could call him back and discuss options as to what i wanted to do. Again have never had this happened before when buying something from an online vendor. To me this speaks oober huge volumes about his commitment to his customers and their satisfaction. I finally called sam back and we talked he refunded my money and i told him id definitely be ordering them when they came in. it took a little while longer than id have wanted but i finally reordered them and got them shortly there after. Also i would like to point out one thing ive noticed. For as long as the companies have been in the aftermarket performance business there have always been mixed reviews over the companies. Sams is the only one i have ever known to not have any factual based people with negative experiences to speak of. Being on ls1tech and the way folks look out for each other we would be the first to know if a business was doing something considered shady. So quite frankly i would like to thank sam for having integrity(which is all to often harder to find these days) and his continuing support for the fbody community. I cant wait to get home and put my springs on.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

lt1noob and 96ta; I just wanted to say thank you for the support. We often don't hear back from folks unless than are unhappy about something (which thankfully isn't often), and it's always great to see the happy customers out there.

I appreciate it, and as a whole want to thank you for working with me. I see the setup as a team effort, not a situation where I dictate 100% of what to do, but in which we have some options and I try my best to make sure everyone has an understanding of what they want to achieve and what I do to get them there.

Thanks again, it's very good to know there are people out there who are willing to take their time to post good reviews, and I am grateful because good word of mouth is largely what this business is built on.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
That's exactly right. The point of this thread was to get a sense of how people felt in a public forum. Which is why the voters names can be seen. Of all the no votes, only one has stepped up with *any* explanation what-so-ever. The others are unaccounted for and won't even give a real name so I can confirm they are actually a customer who bought my springs. None the less, clearly the voting is overwhelmingly in favor of my springs which makes me quite happy. I wanted something that worked the best it could, when I couldn't find it, I had it made for me.

I don't mind the questions, at all. Keep them coming if you have them.

And to "I Go To Costco". I appreciate your post, it was clear and to the point and gets to the heart of what I'd like people to realize about my springs.
Can't say anything about the springs, other than I hear a lot of good things. I hear the same good things about your customer service. However, I have a few thoughts. I don't know where you're getting "bad press" from, or why you even care what a few people say.

My stance on this thread is that it seems like an immature way to get what you want. Having people vote on what they think about your springs, just so you can call them out and call them liars?

There's absolutely no reason for this thread. You have overwhelming support for your springs. Unless somebody died because of a flaw in your springs, there's no reason for damage control.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
Can't say anything about the springs, other than I hear a lot of good things. I hear the same good things about your customer service. However, I have a few thoughts. I don't know where you're getting "bad press" from, or why you even care what a few people say.

My stance on this thread is that it seems like an immature way to get what you want. Having people vote on what they think about your springs, just so you can call them out and call them liars?

There's absolutely no reason for this thread. You have overwhelming support for your springs. Unless somebody died because of a flaw in your springs, there's no reason for damage control.
Well, I think we've established Sam's integrity, so when he says he started this thread so he can get good constructive feedback, I for one totally believe that and therefore see your "damage control" theory as just that, a theory.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

lt1noob and 96ta; I just wanted to say thank you for the support. We often don't hear back from folks unless than are unhappy about something (which thankfully isn't often), and it's always great to see the happy customers out there.

I appreciate it, and as a whole want to thank you for working with me. I see the setup as a team effort, not a situation where I dictate 100% of what to do, but in which we have some options and I try my best to make sure everyone has an understanding of what they want to achieve and what I do to get them there.

Thanks again, it's very good to know there are people out there who are willing to take their time to post good reviews, and I am grateful because good word of mouth is largely what this business is built on.
sam do you happend to sell the koni shocks separately by any chance?
I got your springs and kyb shocks but in some roads you can feel all the bumps....especially in the back i will try to adjust my shocks to a higher setting and see how it feels but im planning on making hte jump to some konis sometime later this year or something.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce

And you'll notice that in the interest of fairness I posted options to see how many hated them (and have come to find out at least one of the "hate" votes isn't correct).

Anyway, maybe that attitude is exactly what's wrong wtih this world. I wanted opinions, given in public, about my product. How terrible!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bobbyd
sam do you happend to sell the koni shocks separately by any chance?
I got your springs and kyb shocks but in some roads you can feel all the bumps....especially in the back i will try to adjust my shocks to a higher setting and see how it feels but im planning on making hte jump to some konis sometime later this year or something.
Koni's are always available separately....
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Koni's are always available separately....
how much would shipping be for the koni sa (rear) shipped to 78218.

and what would be the best setting to use on them with your springs?

i currently have your springs with kyb agx and the car just shakes/bounces all over the place on bumpy roads.

im gonna try to lower the settings on them to a softer setting and see if that helps.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just rears? Shipping is about $15-20 for a pair of rears. You have to decide on which ones you want, the on-car adjustables, or the less adjustable and remove to adjust version ($187 and $127 a shock respectively).

I would recommend you play with you settings more first so you can see what they do to the feel and ride first, then we'll proceed.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just rears? Shipping is about $15-20 for a pair of rears. You have to decide on which ones you want, the on-car adjustables, or the less adjustable and remove to adjust version ($187 and $127 a shock respectively).

I would recommend you play with you settings more first so you can see what they do to the feel and ride first, then we'll proceed.
will do and will keep you posted.

btw also im going to be installing some adj umi lca's.

if i do get the konis I wan the on-car adjustables but first let me play with the settings..

thanks sam
Old 02-02-2009, 12:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Remember I deal in UMI products as well.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

I talked to sam today.. seems like a pretty nice guy and would not sell me anything till I knew what I was talking about or what i wanted from my car. The truth Is, is that I just want a nice ride street strip setup that hooks and rides good. The more i talked to him on the phone the more I did not understand. It's all my own fault that I did not end the phone call without buying somthing because I did not do my research before calling him. sorry if i wasted you time sam.. maybe when i get my stuff together we can do some business.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

quick question what kinda 60ft times do you see people pulling with the koini 4\4 setup and the strano spring?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard about some people cutting a 1.6 time. I think that is the fastest though, i may be wrong.

Quick Reply: Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?