Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Strano Spring Owners: How do you feel about the springs?
Like them, would recommend to others
82.71%
Hate them, think Strano is off his rocker
4.21%
Neither, find them no better or worse than other springs
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Before I even start, let me just say that I don't have Strano springs...... yet. I'm going to remain as painfully neutral as I can.

Some of you apparently don't get the point of this thread. To me, this shows that Sam is standing behind his product, and wants to get feedback from his customers. Why would he waste his time making this thread, reading all the comments and making responses if he wasn't really going to take it into consideration? That would just be a waste of time.... as the owner of his business, there's plenty of other things he could be doing, but chances are he wants to see if people truly approve of his springs or not, that way he can make changes if necessary. But apparently all the "no" votes are unaccounted for. Everyone who is questioning his springs has never owned them, and those who disapprove haven't even chimed in yet.

The people who have gone from one set of springs to his are far and few in between, but the results are as unanimous as this poll is. Those who have own multiple sets approve of Stranos.... I've yet to read about anyone saying they're so glad they went from Strano to xxx brand. If someone does dig something up, then feel free to post a link.... oh and good luck by the way, if you do try and search.

It is because of his customer service, his reputation, and his dedication to his product which is why I'll be going to Sam for my spring/shock package and probably other mods too. After reading dozens of threads and pages about x spring/shock combo and y spring/shock combo I'm 99.99% sure I want to go with Strano/Koni.
That's exactly right. The point of this thread was to get a sense of how people felt in a public forum. Which is why the voters names can be seen. Of all the no votes, only one has stepped up with *any* explanation what-so-ever. The others are unaccounted for and won't even give a real name so I can confirm they are actually a customer who bought my springs. None the less, clearly the voting is overwhelmingly in favor of my springs which makes me quite happy. I wanted something that worked the best it could, when I couldn't find it, I had it made for me.

I don't mind the questions, at all. Keep them coming if you have them.

And to "I Go To Costco". I appreciate your post, it was clear and to the point and gets to the heart of what I'd like people to realize about my springs.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-12-2008, 11:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
How many sets are left? About half? Just wanted to make sure if I tried to get in on this set of springs.

Roughly 1/2 of the sets are sold.... Backorders are filled first, and all will be filled before I post the rest are ready to ship. When I do that, I generally get my door knocked down (in a manner of speaking). In the past when I have this many backorders, it only takes a matter of of a few weeks to clear the rest out. But then, I've never been without springs for so long, so they might go quicker this time... I don't know.

This is why I recommend placing backorders. Doing so is easy. I don't charge for the springs until the springs are here, so it doesn't cost you anything, I just need a CC number and complete order to hold a set for you).
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed my order for your Strano springs last week and should be ordering KYB AGX's from you next week. I've got a few questions though.
I hope you don't mind me asking in this thread, you can PM me (if you don't mind) if you don't want to clutter up this thread.
I will be UPGRADING from ST (suspension techniques) springs and Monroe shocks.....lol

Here is what springs I have: http://www.jegs.com/p/Suspension+Tec...57256/10002/-1 (I couldn't find any spring rates, so I was going to see if you know anything about them)
After I put the springs on, I realized the box said 93-02 f-body V6 , like they weren't going to suck enough with the V8 springs.

I'm just wondering if you/ya'll have any info on ST springs, and how much of an improvement I'll get with Strano springs/ KYB AGX's

I was a complete newb when I order them and I've been PISSED at myself ever since.

Anyways, I'll be voting and giving my opinion on your springs soon. I'm stoked!!

Last edited by colby72olds; 12-12-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 847 Likes on 648 Posts

Get a set of Strano valved Bilsteins if available. They are better than AGXs.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Revalves are no longer available. AGX's are in stock....

As for how much better? I don't know how to quantify it beyond saying you'll think it's a different car. I promise you that.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

YES!!! That's what I was hoping to hear!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well most people post up when they order I figure I should to .... Ready to complete the apperance.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

I love my Koni/Strano combo. Ride height is perfect! Thanks Sam for all your help and the assistance you offer your customers. Top Notch!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Default Love em

Like some of you, I bought suspension parts a little at a time. I wouldn't do it again. Sam can chime in and explain why some of this stuff happened if he wants, but it was a long and wierd journey to where I am now.

I started with Sam's largest front sway bar on near stock 98 Z vert w Tokico HPs on all 4 corners. Car felt "greasy"; felt like the front end wanted to turn and the rear end wanted to drift. High speed lane changes felt squirrely.

Welded in a set of UMI SFCs next. Couldn't tell the dif, but car was still greasy. Bought Sam's big rear sway bar. VOILA!! Greasy feeling went away and it definitely helped. Car would dive into a corner, but was not flat and rolled way up on higher speed turns.

Bought Sam's springs, Koni adjustables in front, left the Tokico HPs in back for now( I did not take my own advice! Konis coming next) , and car is awesome. Very flat, loves corners and I feel Very confident while driving it, no grease, no roll, no twitch.

Sorry for the ramble, but my two points are:
1) Start with GOOD intelligent advice on entire suspension and what you want to do with your car. Just 'cause your Buds 02 SS looks AWESOME does not necessarily stand in as good advice when it comes to suspension components.

2) Save up your $ and do it all at once.

3) Do business with good CAR people like Sam Strano and EFI Alchemy here in JAX. Car people are like you, they want their AND your cars to be RIGHT!!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

i've had my koni/strano spring combo for a little over a month now, and it is GREAT! Definately a big difference over the pro kit and stock shocks. The biggest difference is on the freeway going 50+ and taking turns, the car feels solid, even over bumps. Before it felt like the car would bounce all over the place when hitting a bump or a dip at higher speeds. Now it almost instantly corrects itself!

Now in slower city driving, the combo doesnt totally fix all the crappy road bumps and roughness, but that is mostly due to my 245/40/18 tires...

the only way i can put it is the car feels like it is more one solid piece, rather than bouncy and unpredictable.... thank you Sam!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I put Strano's on my car last winter with the stock shocks and I love them! The stance is basically near perfect for what I was looking for, a tad lower in the rear wouldn't hurt but I'm not complaining. The ride is no worse with the Strano's and stock shocks than it was with the stock springs. I always try to recommend them to everyone looking for springs for a 4th gen f-body because I'm a very pleased customer.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Launching!

love my set of strano springs put them on in the summer... however rides a little rough in the rear thats because i got 70 thousand on the stock shocks and they need replaced. as far as the springs and ride height go never better love it just look at the picture on my signature... sexy as hell
Old 12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I was looking for springs I looked at Strano's they were a little bit more expensive then others and were never in stock........and I didnt think they fit my application since I wanted a good drag spring. So I went with another company, sure my car would have handled turns better but thats why Im getting a corvette for.

Sam do you do corvette suspension?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sam helped me with my suspension, answered all of my questions. I know what I have on the car now only because I called him. Anyone that wants a straight up answer without the sales pitch, call Sam.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by GMmexican
When I was looking for springs I looked at Strano's they were a little bit more expensive then others and were never in stock........and I didnt think they fit my application since I wanted a good drag spring. So I went with another company, sure my car would have handled turns better but thats why Im getting a corvette for.

Sam do you do corvette suspension?
While I've been out for the last few months, I have them about 1/2 of the time overall. What's more is many of the other springs out there are either the same height or lower, and many use higher rear rates than mine.... and they all way more. In fact I feel mine are pretty much among the best lowering springs that don't shoot you in the foot when launching the car.

Cost: @ $275 *shipped* I don't think mine as really much different in final pricing (maybe $10-20) than any other springs, and the others don't save you a good 10+ pounds either. There is nowhere else you can save 1 pound per dollar on a car.

I do work on Corvettes... I've been involved with most to all of the top C5 an C6's @ Solo Nationals (handling) for the last 5 years or so.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:58 AM
Teching In

If indeed it is not a spring problem.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You lost me.... If what indeed is not a spring problem?

BTW, I just arranged the pick-up of the springs. They are headed to PA so I can ship them!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You lost me.... If what indeed is not a spring problem?

BTW, I just arranged the pick-up of the springs. They are headed to PA so I can ship them!!!
Fantastic ..Because my car is sittin like a 4x4
Old 12-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

I love my Strano springs. I bought the pkg with springs, koni's, phb. The setup is perfect for anyone who enjoys driving! PERIOD. I've let my friends drive the car and they love the ride.

THANKS SAM! YOUR PARTS ARE THE BEST! DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by candidate zero
I'm not voting, as I've never owned a set of Strano springs, and probably never will...

It seems to me that everyone says they love these springs. I want to hear from someone that had different springs before these. (besides the Eibachs, as we all know their problems) To me, it seems that everyone that loves them came on here, bought Strano springs because of all the hype, and now they like them, but what are they comparing to? There was a guy in here that said he loved his Pro-kit, and I'm sure he did coming from stock springs...

Don't take this the wrong way, it's not meant to take away from your product, I'm just wondering are they better because you say they're better, or are they actually a superior product?
I had DMS springs with Koni SA's on my car for 2 yrs and loved them, they were LOW and the stance was PERFECT dispite scraping every driveway and speed bump, I didnt mind at all.. However, during those 2 yrs I turned 38 and began to notice the ride was a bit rough on my older bones so wanted just a tad more dampening if I could get it. I called Sam and told him what was up and I decided to give his springs a try.
What I ended up with was Strano springs up front and my same DMS springs out back and that gave me the perfect drop with a MUCH better ride/handling. I have a huge solid front bar (I cant remember where I got it),stock rear bar, bear bump steer kit, Moag ball joints, 275/40/17 GY F1's, adj PHB,LCA and tunnel mounted TA.
Oh and the car came with new Bilstien HDs on stock springs and it rode really nice but could stick my whole head between the fender and tire...almost haha so I have had a few set ups and liked them all but think Ive got it right where I want it now.
edit: I have the konis on the lower perch up front (dispite ALL contrary advice) so for the fellas who think its too low, its SUPPOSE to be is another 1/2 inch or so higher up front but I hardly ever scrape anything.
Attached Thumbnails Strano Spring Owners:  Love them, hate them, or in between?-beach-shots-008.jpg  

Last edited by sic2001; 12-27-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: in the intrest of accuracy

Quick Reply: Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?