Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I don't think I achieved what I was looking for so exploring options

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
I just read a post that you had also stated your ride was kind of harsh with Stranos and you at some point might go hose-mod and lower perch on the front. Is that a good riding setup?
if you're referring to my post in this thread, i never said it was harsh. and i never said i was definitely going back to stock springs.

what i said is that the Strano springs allow a bit more vibration to be transmitted to the body than the stock springs...it's by no stretch of the imagination "harsh".....i just meant that you can definitely "feel more of the road".

and about the stock springs, i just meant that i kept the stock springs that i took out when i put the Stranos in, so i always have the option to put them back in if i want to/need to for whatever reason....and since i have the Koni shocks, i also have the option on the stock springs to lower it a little via the lower front perch/heater hose mod (although not as much as the Strano springs) so i can keep the lowered look, while at the same time, allowing more vibration to be absorbed by the springs.

yes, the stock springs will provide a more comfortable ride, but you feel less connected to the road at the same time.

if i wanted a grand-touring type of ride, i'd have bought a Cadillac or something....but that's not what i want at all, i want a car that provides responsive feedback as i'm pushing it into curves/turns so i can respond quicker to changing conditions. and the Strano springs & Koni shock setup does that very well, with the slight downside to a little more body vibration (again, not harsh, just more "firm").
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Yea I guess it was just a thought in the back of your mind as well. You probably haven't been riding on the setup for long and want to give it an honest try before going back to stock springs and lower perch
Old 10-10-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

actually, it's been close to a year already

but when i first got them, that was one of the reasons i decided to get the Koni shocks, because they are adjustable, and can be tuned for pretty much any aftermarket spring out there.....and it's also one reason i decided to keep my stock springs instead of selling them. the other reason being that if i decide to sell the car, the strano/koni setup (along with all the other mods i've done so far, i.e., suspension parts) will be removed and sold separately so i can get more money back on them.

Quick Reply: I don't think I achieved what I was looking for so exploring options