Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

Looking for Dove Hunt- Day lease for South zone opener

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking for Dove Hunt- Day lease for South zone opener

Anyone have a credible hook up for good Dove hunting within an hour of Houston (Katy, waller, Brookshire, etc)?

Just looking for a good place to Dove hunt without having to drive out to San Antonio or Dallas. There's a bunch of listing on Craigslist, but I'm hoping someone has a contact or personal experience on good Dove hunts locally. I'm looking at opening weekend or at least Friday and Saturday.

TIA
Old 09-10-2009, 10:41 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Well James I can tell you I went sunday with a couple of friends. And we used one of the Craigslist guys and all I can tell you is what I told the guys at ROWDY BOY OUTFITTERS! They had Ticks, Chiggers,and Dragonflies! But no DOVE! LOL! Talked to a local guy the same day and said they had been doing pretty good at a place in Brookshire. It is definatly better in the evenings. At least that is what everyone that has had a successful dove hunt has said. I knew we were in trouble when the guy showed up in pleated camo shorts lol! These guys kept trying to tell us they were flying right over us and that we needed to get further out from the trees. He obviously didn't see me in the middle of the field behind a Hay bail. I told them they were crazy cause the only thing flying over us was Southwest and Continetal! I had fun with the guys I was with, but not a good hunt and it is funny to even had called the place a dove lease! Good luck. We are talking about trying the other place on Craigslist in Brookshire. My uncle lived out there for years and I know it is decent dove hunting out there. GL
Jeff
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM

That's good info and that's what worries me. I know it's a gamble unless you can scout the area ahead of time, but I'm hoping someone has scouted and has a good report and knows a good place. I'll let you know if I find anything promising locally and I hope you will do the same.

BTW- Thanks again on the elevation survey hookup. They did us right!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:17 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Not a problem James always try to help others out if I can. And yeah please LMK if you find anything good in our area as far a dove hunting. We were looking for something just like you guys like with in a hour or two and decent huntiing. We saw a few Teal and ducks flying real high,we saw few birds that could have been dove, but just when we thought that they were dove. One would come down to check out our Mojo lol and they would be some thing other than a dove. One such bird lost its life this way when one of my friends got anxious and the bird flew strait at us and he shot before we could confirm etc... Keep in touch.
Jeff
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 AM

The Sealy/Columbus area is supposed to the hot area right now if we can find a piece of property to hunt pretty quick. I'll keep ya updated.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am from sealy and the dove are flying like crazy. If you find a day lease around the area you will be sure to limit out. I will be trying out a friends place this weekend.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my little brother does dove/duck/goose guides on the side. He has a few different places in the Columbus area to hunt. I will see what his schedule is and all the details if your interested.

Brent
Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 PM

Brent Columbus/Sealy area would be great! Please let us know man.

Thanks man!