Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

70 Chevelle $5500

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 70 Chevelle $5500

Has a rebuilt 355 with a nice cam, car runs and drives great, I daily drive it a good bit. Usually I run all my errands at work in it. I might get another Chevelle so I would like to get rid of this one.

If anyone has any questions let me know..

Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanna do a payment plan for both cars you got for sale? Lol good luck with selling both cars
Old 06-07-2010, 07:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice, for '70 they got the head lamps nailed on those things.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Nice, for '70 they got the head lamps nailed on those things.
Yeah, I don't like the 71's but the car is clean as hell. I have enough money to fix the other up if I trade so I might still hang onto this chevelle also..

This Chevelle runs damn good though, I drove it to galveston and back no problems. Held about 2200 rpms at 70 and rides nice. Also gets like 13 or 14 mpg city with me revving it to warm it up and getting on it a good bit.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:19 AM
12 Second Club

Great looking car. I'm split on the headlight options cause I love the quad beams but I also like the 71/72 corner turn signals opposed to the bumper lenses on the 70's model.

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They are also getting tough to fing, imagine this ones fairly solid body wise?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
They are also getting tough to fing, imagine this ones fairly solid body wise?
It's pretty solid, just has some bondo here and there and the bottom of the quarters need work. The only rust it really has is some pinholes in the trunk.
Honestly you could re-body this car for $1,800, that's new fenders, hood, doors and quarter panels. That's the way I would go since my boss wanted $2700 for paint and body. But really all the panels are fine, the only one I think it really needs is the drivers fender since it's got a lot of bondo. But I mean, $2000 for body work to have a panel with some bondo here and there and a chance of waves or rust returning, or a new panel for a little cheaper? A fender is $230 so hell. I would fix everything myself for nothing(the drivers door took like 15 mins and now it's perfect) but I can't sneak **** past my boss, he raises hell when he catches me working on my car.

I figured if I kept the car I would do it that way, then I wouldn't have to worry about any bondo, dents plus I would save some cash and time. If I can sell my SS Camaro or trade it I will most likely keep this Chevelle. It has never let me down and doesn't **** my off like the Camaro and Trans Am do. I have never not been happy driving this car.

Last edited by retardedpenguin; 06-08-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
It's pretty solid, just has some bondo here and there and the bottom of the quarters need work. The only rust it really has is some pinholes in the trunk.
Honestly you could re-body this car for $1,800, that's new fenders, hood, doors and quarter panels. That's the way I would go since my boss wanted $2700 for paint and body. But really all the panels are fine, the only one I think it really needs is the drivers fender since it's got a lot of bondo. But I mean, $2000 for body work to have a panel with some bondo here and there and a chance of waves or rust returning, or a new panel for a little cheaper? A fender is $230 so hell. I would fix everything myself for nothing(the drivers door took like 15 mins and now it's perfect) but I can't sneak **** past my boss, he raises hell when he catches me working on my car.

I figured if I kept the car I would do it that way, then I wouldn't have to worry about any bondo, dents plus I would save some cash and time. If I can sell my SS Camaro or trade it I will most likely keep this Chevelle. It has never let me down and doesn't **** my off like the Camaro and Trans Am do. I have never not been happy driving this car.
lol you work for a body shop and they let you call it bondo? man when i went to school for auto body repair and worked for a body shop we got railed for calling it bondo cause its "Body Filler" "Bondo" is just a name brand lol
Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior
lol you work for a body shop and they let you call it bondo? man when i went to school for auto body repair and worked for a body shop we got railed for calling it bondo cause its "Body Filler" "Bondo" is just a name brand lol
I have heard them say body filler maybe 3 times in the year and a half I have worked here. Were all a bunch of lazy asses and body filler is too hard to say compared to bondo lol..
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bumpadump.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sold...