Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

Sold

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price? I don't see one listed in the original post, just that reasonable offers are considered.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Morbid
Price? I don't see one listed in the original post, just that reasonable offers are considered.
I must have deleted the price earlier when I edited the post, I updated the first post. $2200 Negotiable, Reasonable offers considered.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have these in two weeks still consider them sold. Those new pics made me go clean up my undies ha.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
If you have these in two weeks still consider them sold. Those new pics made me go clean up my undies ha.
Yeah for these wheels to shine they need to be in the sun, or a photographer take a picture of them. It was my fault for taking pics of them with my tired old camera in a spare room of mine that has terrible lighting. I will take them out in the sun and get some better pics for you bud.

If you really wanna see a thing of beauty there is nothing like seeing these rolling on the car all cleaned up on a sunny day.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Some older cell phone pics

Old 03-12-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who refinished your Fikse's? My FM10s need to be done after daily driving since 2000 and storage for 4 years. The centers are shot and will be a pain to polish since they are the FM10s....wondering if I should just coat the centers with a high polished lip....
Old 03-13-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by turbo
Who refinished your Fikse's? My FM10s need to be done after daily driving since 2000 and storage for 4 years. The centers are shot and will be a pain to polish since they are the FM10s....wondering if I should just coat the centers with a high polished lip....
A friend of mine at Wheel Technologies in Dallas. And if the centers are shot it may be better to just powdercoat them, I don't know if the Technipolish can be duplicated, I highly doubt it. The technipolish reflects light almost in rainbow colors from all the tiny etchings in the metal, if you sand down the clear coat on the wheel then the etching will be lost and they will have to be just polished centers or colored (powdercoated etc)

I would polish the hell out of the hoops, they are not coated and that is what was done to mine. They are aluminum so they wont rust without a coating either.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I am in San Antonio so it is a little far. Know any reputable shops in San Antonio or might your friend know?

Thanks
Casey
Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Veteran

I got the wheel torn down, cleaned, and put back together and ready for silicone today, fixing to go get silicone now and finish the wheel.

Unfortunately it was cloudy out so they aren't shining as much as they could but after a wax they are definately looking good.

I took the wheel apart, cleaned it thoughroughly, sanded the mating surfaces of the barrels so that they would sit completely flush, and installed all new bolts.

Enjoy

After a wax and put back in the spare room.

I will still try to get some pics in the sun for you guys

Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, I wasn't brave enough to take my wheels apart...whats the torque settings for putting them back together? So, just torque and re-silicone them and done?

My centers are shot, there is some etching on them from who knows what. I will most likely powdercoat them gun metal gray and highly polish the outer rim
Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow, I wasn't brave enough to take my wheels apart...whats the torque settings for putting them back together? So, just torque and re-silicone them and done?

My centers are shot, there is some etching on them from who knows what. I will most likely powdercoat them gun metal gray and highly polish the outer rim
Yes it is really that easy, it was much easier than I expected, Fikse does say you have to use new bolts if you take them apart and re-assemble. I am pretty sure they don't normally allow you to do this your self but in between them closing and opening someone had told me they would sell me a barrel and I could put it on so they honered that when I called to order the barrel. Just clean clean clean everything, sand the barrel smooth that is staying on it will have some build up on it and you want it to set perfectly flat against the other barrel, this will also allow the silicone to adhere better if surfaces are perfectly clean. I torqued the bolts to 25 ft lbs.

And no I don't know any shops in San Antonio man, I would just call around and tell them the level of wheels you have and ask them if they are prepared to replace them if they do not do the job right. If you have them do it it is better to not clear coat them as it takes away from the shine and all the components are aluminum so they do not need a coating.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Interesting, I think I might try this and take my centers to a powdercoater. So, did you reuse your bolts or get new ones?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Interesting, I think I might try this and take my centers to a powdercoater. So, did you reuse your bolts or get new ones?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
I got new bolts and center cap O rings from Fikse. Piece of cake to do the work.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, eek, how much did fikse charge for bolts? Sorry for all the questions, just need to know before I try and tackle this.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Man, eek, how much did fikse charge for bolts? Sorry for all the questions, just need to know before I try and tackle this.
$20 for a set of bolts for one wheel. Plus shipping from Canada of course. Just give Danny @ Fikse a call he can give you a price. The only crappy part is UPS charges you an additional shipping fee for it being international shipping that was not disclosed to me before I ordered and payed for all these parts....
Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Interesting...the bolts seem high quality to me, I wonder why they want you to replace them? Probably $150 for all and shipping..
Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Interesting...the bolts seem high quality to me, I wonder why they want you to replace them? Probably $150 for all and shipping..
They are very high quality, but like with any very critical fastener you should replace them if you remove them. Im sure you could get away with reusing them I would just assume play it safe though and do what the manufacturer told me to.

You would pay $80 for bolts and probably about $30-50 for shipping. I really don't know. All I know is I was quoted a price then when UPS delivered my stuff I had to pay an additional shipping fee that I was not told, I believe that fee was $25, I don't know if that was a processing fee or if it had to do with weight of the items shipped. If everything is based of weight and size shipping should be cheap.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I was shooting high side, worse case lol. Thanks for all the info, probably saved me some money!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, I was shooting high side, worse case lol. Thanks for all the info, probably saved me some money!
Call a wheel repair shop, they can paint the centers and polish the barrels for cheap.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 03-14-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

er, can or cant? I will definitely make some calls first and compare the prices.

Also, I will vouch that the shine on Fikse does not shine until in the sun!

Thanks again