Texas Classifieds Sell your items and vehicles here in Texas

LS1/2/3/6/L76 Throttle cable bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 04:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LS1/2/3/6/L76 Throttle cable bracket

Guys i had these made up using a CNC press brake and CNC laser. These are powder coated TEX2 to match the intake manifold. These fit every Throttle body I've seen and will accommodate big *** injectors too. I left the mounting holes a little big so you can move the bracket around to accommodate different injectors. It fits under the coil covers and uses your factory mounting hardware.

$25 shipped
Attached Thumbnails LS1/2/3/6/L76  Throttle cable bracket-brkt.jpg   LS1/2/3/6/L76  Throttle cable bracket-bratk.jpg  
Old 03-17-2015, 07:47 PM
8 Second Club

Also I want to start selling these things at speed shops/summit yada yada. I would like to knock out some of the China competition. If any of you guys have an in with some of these shops/distributors give me a shout.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dig this. PM me your Paypal addy, I want one.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:30 AM
8 Second Club

Sbsmichael@yahoo.com
Old 03-19-2015, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I've run maybe 3 versions of an aftermarket throttle bracket and none of them were ideal. The best I came across still causes the throttle cable to be too long for the throttle body cam, and the brace is too close to the intake manifold which causes it to interfere with the LS3 manifold noise cover... I had to trim off parts of the cover to allow it to fit. I know I can remove the cover, but I don't want to do so.

I'd like to see one which is gives better adjustability... elongated mounting holes so the cable slack can be removed, and a solution to keep the cable attachment bracket further away from the manifold regardless of how far back it's mounted in the elongated holes. And I'd want compatibility with the cruise control cable also.

Do you think those changes would be feasible, or is this intended to be a race-only part?
Old 03-20-2015, 01:02 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I've run maybe 3 versions of an aftermarket throttle bracket and none of them were ideal. The best I came across still causes the throttle cable to be too long for the throttle body cam, and the brace is too close to the intake manifold which causes it to interfere with the LS3 manifold noise cover... I had to trim off parts of the cover to allow it to fit. I know I can remove the cover, but I don't want to do so. I'd like to see one which is gives better adjustability... elongated mounting holes so the cable slack can be removed, and a solution to keep the cable attachment bracket further away from the manifold regardless of how far back it's mounted in the elongated holes. And I'd want compatibility with the cruise control cable also. Do you think those changes would be feasible, or is this intended to be a race-only part?

No plans on custom tailoring the brackets at this time. I've sold probably 75 of these and never had a single complaint though.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:03 PM
8 Second Club

Guys anyone who has purchased one of these recently please cut me some slack. I am competing at TX2K15 and will be home Saturday.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:47 PM
8 Second Club

Joel Jacobs I sent the bracket out this morning. I didn't see a message from you so I'm letting you know here.

Quick Reply: LS1/2/3/6/L76 Throttle cable bracket