My mom died tonight at 12:22 AM in a motorcycle accident.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just unloaded my prayer gun for ya man....

Old 11-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Keep your head up!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

I am very sorry to hear this. I lost my dad in July, so while grieving is a very individual thing maybe I can imagine some of the pain you are going through.

You hit the nail on the head about making sure you let your loved ones know that you love them. However, by the same token don't beat yourself up about what you didn't do or play the "shoulda, coulda, woulda game". Instead focus on what you did do with your mom and what you did say to her, and the good family times that you did share. Treasure the good memories.

It will take time to feel better. I don't believe in "time heals all wounds". I think it's a crock. You can miss that person forever and still feel some pain at the loss. However, you will feel at least somewhat better as time goes on. Focus on what you need to do, at work, at play, with family. Keep a sense of purpose and try to keep somewhat busy. Grief will strike you at strange times. I have one of my dad's windbreakers and wore it the other day. When I reached in the pocket there were a couple coupons and newspaper clippings in there that he had left and I felt his loss all over again.

Stay strong, don't be afraid to grieve, and seek out people you value and trust to talk about it if you need to.

Todd
Old 11-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Launching!

sorry to hear that brother, my dad was taken from me in january, he was shot in central america over money so i know what a sudden loss feels like. i dont wish that feeling upon anyone and i am sorry you are feeling it. he was also very young, only 41, and it still hurts but i live in his memory and i just remember all the great times. stay close to family because they are hurting just as much. sorry again and god bless!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

HEY FELLAS,

It has been a couple weeks and I am doing much better. I did work on getting a site done for her.... www.rememberingtc.org/draft.asp
Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Site is nice Mike, I never even met her and it made me sad for your loss... Keep your head up buddy
Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, that is a very beautiful page especially all the wonderful pictures of your Mom. It reminded me a lot of some of my own family pictures. Sorry again for you and your family's great loss. I think about all the people that are gone from my life almost every day or so but after a while and more and more as time passes you can remember them and all the good times and smile instead of feeling sad. You have your own immediate family still so that is a comfort and you will all be there for each other. I didn't know about this until a short time ago but I am glad to hear you are doing a little better.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great way to remember her by! Very nicely done great photos. Sorry again Mike.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 AM
10 Second Club

You did an excellent job on the site Mike!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I'm late, too but Jesus. I can't imagine what you're feeling, nor do I want to. My mom is my best friend, I have no idea what I would do without her. I know that time is coming eventually, but for her to be taken away from me without me being prepared [i.e. if she had been sick/cancer etc.]...i don't think I could function. Just thinking about it gets me a little misty-eyed. Time will heal all wounds, although things like this are never easy and will never be forgotten. Your mom was young. Hell, my mom's 58 but it still doesn't make it any easier. I guess God needed an angel so he took your mom.