I"m Gonna Be A Father!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I"m Gonna Be A Father!!

hey y'all, i just found out that my wife is expecting our first child. we don't know a whole lot just yet, other than it is due at the beginning of July. we are going to a dr tomorrow to see what they have to say. this is a first for both of us, so we are stoked and kinda trippin *****!! I'm dying to find out if it is a boy or girl, but truthfully I just want to know, I dont have a preferrence. I don't even know what I should be doing right now, I feel like I should be opening up some sort of savings thing for it, or building it it's first half-pipe or bike ramp...
Old 10-29-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha build it something!

Difference between men/women, men wanna build it something and women wanna buy it some clothes/diapers

congratulations
Old 10-29-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

me too mines a girl. wife is 18 weeks now.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Congratulations; pray for the health of momma and the baby !
Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

The bullet left the barrel and there ain't no getting it back.

Strap in and kiss your lives goodbye.

Just kidding, kids are a wonderful blessing. Congratulations and God Bless.

Don't worry, no one really knows what to be doing their first time. The truth is you don't really do anything. Nature kinda takes care of itself. She should eat healthy, take care of herself, no drinking or smoking, and take some pre-natal vitamins. But other than that you're both just sort of along for the ride. The baby is running the show now. The sooner you accept that the smoother it will be. No matter how much you read or try to prepare you're both rookies who will learn trial-by-fire. You can start buying some supplies now, maybe get a room ready, things like that, but you could sit on your butt and do nothing for 9 months and the end result will be the same.

With both of our children my wife and I decided to let the sex be a surprise. There is nothing like that first time you catch him/her and see for yourself whether you've made a beautiful baby girl or a bouncing baby boy.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

congrats! trust me its a trip! the 9 months drags on forever and ever! I just had my first son 2 1/2 weeks ago and man it was amazing! It makes you want to do so much more with your life so that you can provide him/her with the best life you can give them! Be ready for the birth tho....no biology film can prepare you for that ****! I was like holy ****! HA
Old 10-29-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

right on, thanks fellas. we are sooo excited. perfect timing too, my wife had just quit smoking, so we are grateful for the way that that played its course. i am going to get rid of the camaro tho b/c i want to pay off the rest of my debt and have a little nest egg saved up bc the one thing that everyone is telling me is that babies aren't cheap!!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats man! Sucks you gotta sell the camaro, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Teching In

congrats man , i dont agree with getting rid of the camaro though haha. i hope you have a boy they are always the best
Old 10-29-2008, 09:14 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats, i have my first one at 6 months right now and it is just really getting interesting and more fun.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get rid of the camaro. Babies love the rumble car ride. They put them to sleep trust me I know.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nssane
right on, thanks fellas. we are sooo excited. perfect timing too, my wife had just quit smoking, so we are grateful for the way that that played its course. i am going to get rid of the camaro tho b/c i want to pay off the rest of my debt and have a little nest egg saved up bc the one thing that everyone is telling me is that babies aren't cheap!!
lol. congratulations man. mine was 5 months old on the 22nd of this month. I have a girl. I'm tellin you man, they will change you and even turn your world upside down. honestly it's not too bad...if you dont mind wakin up a few times in the night to change or feed them. I think i'm lucky mine hardly cry's just sputters and spits and gets a lil fussy when she's hungry! i tell everyone she sounds like a pterodactyl when she gets mad. Honestly tho its not TOO expensive i've found. just make sure you get the important stuff at the baby shower...don't just go buy BRAND NEW stuff you can find a lot of very nice barely used things (cribs, strollers, etc.) for have the price and sometimes a whole lot cheaper. don't think everything thing has to come out of the box, sealed and with a huge price tag.

but, congrats you two! it'll be the biggest thrill in your lives!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bene
Don't get rid of the camaro. Babies love the rumble car ride. They put them to sleep trust me I know.
oh forgot to mention some input on that. EVERYONE told me "oh your gonna have to sale your car, blah, blah, blah"...she absolutely loves riding in the car. she spazzes out every time she hears a car that sounds like a v8 go by. should have seen the look on the nurses face when I pulled my car up to the lobby to get my gf and Brailynn...priceless!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats! It will be very fun, and will make your days go by faster making you want to go home to see him/her.

I agree with LS1tuner, you dont HAVE to get rid of the car. My son loves riding in mine and falls asleep right away. Just dont drive it like you would when you are by yourself and it will be just fine.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Tuner_06
oh forgot to mention some input on that. EVERYONE told me "oh your gonna have to sale your car, blah, blah, blah"...she absolutely loves riding in the car. she spazzes out every time she hears a car that sounds like a v8 go by. should have seen the look on the nurses face when I pulled my car up to the lobby to get my gf and Brailynn...priceless!
lol i bet the nurses had a wtf look on thier face I just dont see how a baby seat would work in the backseat of our cars
Old 10-29-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey y'all, i just found out that my wife is expecting our first child. we don't know a whole lot just yet, other than it is due at the beginning of July. we are going to a dr tomorrow to see what they have to say. this is a first for both of us, so we are stoked and kinda trippin *****!! I'm dying to find out if it is a boy or girl, but truthfully I just want to know, I dont have a preferrence. I don't even know what I should be doing right now, I feel like I should be opening up some sort of savings thing for it, or building it it's first half-pipe or bike ramp...
i dont know why people call there kids or soon to be kids "It" ?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

congrats and God bless to all of you having children!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by $O$OE
i dont know why people call there kids or soon to be kids "It" ?
damn, make me feel like a terrible father before it... i mean "the child" is here...lol. actually, i have caught myself saying that and even corrected my wife, but sometimes i say that bc i want to say the baby boy or baby girl but don't know which to use, so "it" sort of became the default terminology. anyways, thanks guys for the tips and advice. i want to keep the car, but truthfully, i would rather sell it and buy one that is not nearly as pristine so that i can build it up over the years with my soon to be child (def. not referring to the little one as "IT" anymore ) and then pass it on to said child when he/she is old enough to drive.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn, make me feel like a terrible father before it... i mean "the child" is here...lol. actually, i have caught myself saying that and even corrected my wife, but sometimes i say that bc i want to say the baby boy or baby girl but don't know which to use, so "it" sort of became the default terminology. anyways, thanks guys for the tips and advice. i want to keep the car, but truthfully, i would rather sell it and buy one that is not nearly as pristine so that i can build it up over the years with my soon to be child (def. not referring to the little one as "IT" anymore ) and then pass it on to said child when he/she is old enough to drive.
well if it was me i would just say "baby"
well hope all goes well with ur family..
Old 10-30-2008, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

good for you, enjoy