LOL...no NFL talk in here these days.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008 | 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Default LOL...no NFL talk in here these days.

Well, the Cowboys are a huge disappointment and us Texans fans can't talk crap because the Texans are sucking it up as usual.

Old 11-03-2008 | 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Truth.txt
Old 11-03-2008 | 08:54 AM
TECH Resident

The only Texas football worth watching is college ball.
Old 11-03-2008 | 09:11 AM
On The Tree

I cant even talk about the cowboys right now. Blood pressure....
Old 11-03-2008 | 09:28 AM
Texas Director

I knew the Cowboys not having a good back up QB was going to hurt them if Romo ever go hurt, and sure enough it's killing us right now. What sucks is Dallas might not even make the playoffs. The remaining schedule is brutal.

The Texans? They predictably played they way they always do on the road. Lots of turnovers and blown opportunities.

I agree about college football. It is way more enjoyable to watch than the NFL. It will be interesting to see how Tech plays against OSU and OU. Honestly, I think they'll be flat against OSU and get beat and then lose to OU as well.
Old 11-03-2008 | 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

I think they can manage win out over OSU, but as to them winning in Norman, not likely. That will depend on which OU team shows up to the game..
Old 11-03-2008 | 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

It would be nice if Dallas wouldn't have lost 5 to 6 key players making us a completely different team...
Old 11-03-2008 | 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

"How bout them cowgirls"...lol

Everyone brings up injuries which is true but that is the lamest excuse for the defensive side.. Secondary is awful and the d-line are NOT causing havoc for qb's in their blitzing packages. They simply are NOT getting it done but I'm enjoying their unfortunate 1st half of the season and TO's sad looks.

They are still my pick "if" they get healthy
Old 11-03-2008 | 03:06 PM

Cfb > Nfl
Old 11-03-2008 | 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyanM02
I cant even talk about the cowboys right now. Blood pressure....
i 2nd that
Old 11-03-2008 | 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah da boys were 3-0 until the injuries hit!!!

its obvious the last 3 games that brad johnson couldnt get more than 100 yards of offense, we were basically playing with 1 RB. so all the teams had to do is stack the line to stop barber. hopefully with romo, jones and newman back this team could hopefully make a playoff run.
Old 11-03-2008 | 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
Cfb > Nfl
wrong...

NFL is full of the top 1% of college football... which makes the games, faster, funner, harder hits more of a crazy game.

it just sucks that the Texas NFL teams are lack luster again this year
Old 11-03-2008 | 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
wrong...

NFL is full of the top 1% of college football... which makes the games, faster, funner, harder hits more of a crazy game.

it just sucks that the Texas NFL teams are lack luster again this year
I don;t disagree that there is more athleticism and talent in the NFL.

I have to disagree about the NFL being more crazy...when was the last NFL game you saw that had more crazy **** that Tech-Texas? Funner (sic)? Gotta disagree there, too.

IMO, the atmosphere variety of offenses/defenses and unpredictibility of the college game outweigh the superior athleticism.
Old 11-03-2008 | 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's sad is Brooks Bollinger actually made the offense not look like a High School team. Still would of lost even if he started though. Secondary is torn up, should be tolerable once T New gets back (if ever). Wouldn't count em out yet, but I think we have to win ten games to even think about making the playoffs.
Old 11-03-2008 | 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FatZ28
What's sad is Brooks Bollinger actually made the offense not look like a High School team. Still would of lost even if he started though. Secondary is torn up, should be tolerable once T New gets back (if ever). Wouldn't count em out yet, but I think we have to win ten games to even think about making the playoffs.
newman is their best defensive back who can actually cover majority of the time but there are 3 other dbacks that should cover the load and they all stink. I would expect more out of a. henry but he is a waste of a good height db.
Old 11-03-2008 | 06:42 PM
Launching!

Cough

Last edited by Grimlock; 11-03-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: GO WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!! :P
Old 11-03-2008 | 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
newman is their best defensive back who can actually cover majority of the time but there are 3 other dbacks that should cover the load and they all stink. I would expect more out of a. henry but he is a waste of a good height db.

WORD BRO!!! that sucks newman played hurt vs. da skins and gave up big plays!!! i dont know what henry's problem is. when the cowboys first signed him, the guy was making plays and i think was leading the team in INT a year ago. ya know the defense held tampa to 0 TD and was pretty much keepin the game close vs. the giants. they had a fumbles and sacks and a INT ran back for a TD. its just the offense blows with brad. turnovers and 3 and outs put the defense on the field for what 50 minutes of the game.. plus those turnovers gave the giants good field position to jump a quick lead almost like the st.louis game. i actually like the young rookie scandrick!! hes gonna be a good CB.
Old 11-03-2008 | 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
I have to disagree about the NFL being more crazy...when was the last NFL game you saw that had more crazy **** that Tech-Texas?
Texans vs. Colts - 4 weeks ago.

When did this thread turn into a damn college football discussion?
Old 11-03-2008 | 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Texans vs. Colts - 4 weeks ago.

When did this thread turn into a damn college football discussion?
hell even the jags / texans game was down to the wire
Old 11-03-2008 | 10:47 PM
TECH Junkie

The Texans are not a tough team. Tough teams win on the road. Tough teams play physical in the trenches. We don't do either. We get physically beat on the O-Line and D-Line. Super Mario is getting his and Bullman has 2 sacks now but for all the first round picks we have on our line we sure do suck the big one.

The Cowboys have no leader. Tony Romo can't stand up to T.O.. Wade Phillips can't stand up to T.O.. Every week we have to listen to that whiney bitch complain about not getting the ball and blah blah blah blah blah. The Williams deal was ******* pointless. They don't need another big time wide receiver, they need a leader. **** all the egos that are in that locker room. They have Super Bowl talent and probably won't make the playoffs. So pathetic.

**** the Big 10.