OSU VS TTU - Score predictions...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
How do you not think this game is a coin flip? I guess you don't watch much college football...
Old 11-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

On another note, this OU/A&M game is boring. I feel like we are playing a high school team.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Duffster
How about we consult the rules. . .

Divisional Champion: The (eligible) team with the best winning-percentage of all divisional members in its eight conference games is declared the divisional champion and representative to the Dr Pepper Big 12 Conference Football Championship Game. A team ineligible under NCAA or Big 12 rules for postseason (bowl) competition shall not compete in the Championship Game.

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

a If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
b If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1 The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2 The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3 The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
4 The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5 The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
6 The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
7 The representative will be chosen by draw.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=10410

Might wanna reconsider the "Texas" reply.

Which part of that is making you think Tech or OU would be chosen over Texas?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
How do you not think this game is a coin flip? I guess you don't watch much college football...
1) Its called home field advantage, and I don't believe that OSU has beaten Tech in Lubbock in a very long time (if ever)

2) Tech is undefeated, OSU is not.

3) Tech is ranked #2, OSU #9

4) Tech is favored by the odds makers in vegas.

Those are a few indicators, I could go on but...

Whoever brings more emotion to this game will win. I just can't imagine Tech not bringing emotion to a Lubbock game.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

being undefeated and ranking numbers mean nothing.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

BUT I agree, it is all about who brings the emotion to play...

I don't think Tech can bring the same level of intensity that they had last weekend, one of the big reasons why I think OSU is going to tech it by a 3 pt win.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Which part of that is making you think Tech or OU would be chosen over Texas?
I'll help you out here...

1 The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
Assuming that OU wins out and tech beats OSU,their records will be identical therefore, this does not apply, go to (2)

2 The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
Again, the 3 teams will be 1 loss teams within their division, does not apply, go to (3)

3 The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
Does not apply, go to (4).

4 The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
All common conference opponents will have gotten the snot whipped out of them by all 3 teams, therefore, does not apply, go to (5)

5 The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative Bingo

6 The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative

7 The representative will be chosen by draw.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
5 The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative Bingo
I'm still not following your line of thinking. What makes you think that OU would hold a higher BCS ranking than Texas?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

I'm still not following your line of thinking. What makes you think that OU would hold a higher BCS ranking than Texas?
Doesn't matter if they do UT holds the tiebreaker against OU. We need tech to lose today and against OU to be completely safe, if they only lose one (my opinion) then it will be up to the BCS gods.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

Texas
Not true, it would be between texas and tech and the tiebreaker would be the BCS standings. I think tech would be ranked higher, thats why they need to lose today and against OU...lol
Old 11-08-2008, 04:02 PM
LS7 Member

1) Its called home field advantage, and I don't believe that OSU has beaten Tech in Lubbock in a very long time (if ever) That's good since this year they are playing the same team from previous years...

2) Tech is undefeated, OSU is not. Terrible Point

3) Tech is ranked #2, OSU #9 Also terrible

4) Tech is favored by the odds makers in vegas. It's 3 points.

Those are a few indicators, I could go on but... Nice indicators

Whoever brings more emotion to this game will win. I just can't imagine Tech not bringing emotion to a Lubbock game.
Agreed on the emotion factor being important, but this OSU team is not the same as those of the past. They will come to play and have the talent on both sides of the football. It will be a very good game with OSU pulling it out .
Old 11-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Banned

Well, because the BCS formula is....1/3 Harris Poll + 1/3 Coaches Poll + 1/3 Computer poll. We are already ahead of Texas in the human polls (Harris poll and the Coaches Poll). The only poll that has Texas ahead of OU is the computer poll. If OU beats a #2 Tech (that beat UT) it could possibly lift our computer ranking high enough to pass Texas. It happened in 2006 (Texas beat OU, then OU wound up winning the ccg). I don't see why it can't happen again. Do you understand now?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol @ ou shitting their pants right now
Old 11-08-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woot it IS game day. GL Tech fans. I for one am counting on a ridiculously close game. Each side of the OSU/TT rivalry has big numbers and it's going to be interesting to see how it comes out. I'm obviously going to root for OSU because I've always been a Pokes fan, but I'm not going to come in here and say it's going to be a rout because it's not unless one team flat doesn't show up to play. GL guys, it's gonna be a bumpy ride
Old 11-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Texas Director

I love it how UT fans are pimping OSU and are the only ones that think the pokes will win this game. I am familiar with OSUcks and they traditionally are not that good on the road. And going into Lubbock hasn't been easy for anyone lately. We shall see I guess....
Uh, there are a lot of savvy football people that I know that have no bias towards UT that think OSU will win this game. Dude, you seem to want to make an issue out of everything. Relax.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've had bad history on the road, but we beat Missouri(who were unbeaten at the time) at Missouri, and just barely lost to Texas on the road. Which was still such an awesome game lol...
Old 11-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Texas Director

OSU is gonna run the ball down Tech's throat tonite and win in a close game. Tech is a good team, but OSU is also a damn good team, as is OU, and they've still got to beat both of them to go to the Big 12 CCG, which won't happen IMO. There is a LOT of football left be played to determine things. Some of you think Tech has this wrapped up and they don't by any means.

Hook'em!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 PM
LS7 Member

This Penn State / Iowa game is intense.

edit: WOW looks like a field goal is going to decide the game
Old 11-08-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

**** yeah iowa
Old 11-08-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member