reputable machine shop in ft. worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I've started using Calvert on all our engine builds for customer cars. Decent pricing, quick turn-around and the work is done as promised. he also stands behind his work. He's been in business for 50 years and in the same location. If his work was junk, he'd been gone a long time ago.
Quality work without a doubt, maybe the best in north texas. Hes doing my machine work for all of my future motors hands down. Hes also a super nice guy who wont screw you over.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks. i appreciate it. i'm probablly going to go ray mac. i called them up and talked to chris. he seemed like he had a good understanding of sbc.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

It is always amazing to me how people respond to these threads. Somebody misquote's on giving free advice and all of a sudden others jump with their hate.

I responded about the misquote and supplied documentation on break in of a flat tappet cam from a major supplier.

Additional info on the earlier quote: To break in a flat tappet cam , you should bring the engine up to operating temperture for a few minutes, this could take up to 30 minutes according to conditions and having time to set timing, adjust the carb, and idle, etc.. Let the engine cool. Then repeat. Always use a break in additive. The current oils available don't have the proper chemicals for break in.

This procedure will also work in conjunction with ring seal.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by riplt1
thanks. i appreciate it. i'm probablly going to go ray mac. i called them up and talked to chris. he seemed like he had a good understanding of sbc.

Ray is a close friend of the family he is a stand up guy and will take care of you. His help is just young but thats the way he likes it . He likes to teach just talk to him on the phone. Very smart. Chris is porting my Trickflows. I have no experience with him but if he has done bad porting like the guy said before maybe he has learned from it. Ijust like having my money where if somethings messes up I can take it right back and know that they will do everything they can to fix it right.

Quick Reply: reputable machine shop in ft. worth?