Houston autorama 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock
I didn't think that even with the cars roped off the people would actually have the adacity to cross over there and sit in the cars KNOWING that they are going to ge shoo'ed off by somebody? It's kind of on the level of going over to your neighbors house and putting your hands on his wife's breast without thinking of the consequences.
Believe it. Like I said earlier, most of the carshow spectators are NOT car people. Just bored punks looking for something to do on the long weekend. They have no respect for other people's property. Car enthusiasts wouldn't do that crap, but these idiots will.

Joe, what were they doing with the Riddler car?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for the quality, need a new camera....

Last edited by SLV_WS6; 11-30-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn Joe, that car is looking GOOD! Nice detailing.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very clean Camaro Joe! My car looks orange in your pictures! lol I was quite honored to receive the Best of Show for Pro-Touring and the Peoples Choice Pick of the Show Award (which is a huge honor for me). It was fun being out there and being able to meet some really cool people.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Damn Joe, that car is looking GOOD! Nice detailing.
Tony, thanks for the compliment. Really appreciate it. I know how picky you are about certain cars so it means a lot.. slv ws6 thanks for the pics! Had more show prep and plating to do. However I ran out of time and found out some bad news about a good close freind. Oh and the ridler cars were constantly being touched and seen a few kids and punks jumping on displays and messing with door and hood props and kicking over stanchions
Old 11-30-2008, 10:22 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea, Joe, mad props for having that thing looking so good man, i wish my LT car looked like that. I think i snapped a pic of it too, i did not see you around but i wasnt looking ither.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Very clean Camaro Joe! My car looks orange in your pictures! lol I was quite honored to receive the Best of Show for Pro-Touring and the Peoples Choice Pick of the Show Award (which is a huge honor for me). It was fun being out there and being able to meet some really cool people.
Thanks for the compliment. Your 1st gen was among one of my favorites there. Very unique and drew one hell of a crowd. That car was very deserving of a ridler award. Definately one of the most creative and unique rides there. Btw was that you standing by the car?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Yea, Joe, mad props for having that thing looking so good man, i wish my LT car looked like that. I think i snapped a pic of it too, i did not see you around but i wasnt looking ither.
Thanks Zane, not easy work at all.However very pleased with it myself. I'll be doin more for next year
Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Saw joes car yesterday...man that car looks good, very clean! And that 67' camaro with the supra motor looked sick, also very nice congrats on all of your awards!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Thanks for the compliment. Your 1st gen was among one of my favorites there. Very unique and drew one hell of a crowd. That car was very deserving of a ridler award. Definately one of the most creative and unique rides there. Btw was that you standing by the car?
Not sure, I wasn't there all the time. I usually come by around 1-3pm, but I was there most of the time yesterday. Wow I feel really good you said it deserves the Rilder Award! But I'm quite happy that I got the People's Choice Award I think that means more to me. The Ridler Award is given by a couple of Judges where the Peoples Choice Pick of The Show means it was a crowd pleaser to me.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by F1C YA
Saw joes car yesterday...man that car looks good, very clean! And that 67' camaro with the supra motor looked sick, also very nice congrats on all of your awards!
Your widebody GTO is freaking nice man. Nicest one I have ever seen. Must have cost a fortune to do that kit.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:58 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks Zane, not easy work at all.However very pleased with it myself. I'll be doin more for next year
You thinking about a SS spoiler? I am.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

So did either Joe or TJ take home any trophies this year? Both cars were immaculate.

Joe, I tried to look for you around your car on Saturday. My 5 yr old son REALLY liked it. He told me that I need to get a Camaro like yours.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife and I were up there for a few hours yesterday, we had a good time. When I pointed out Joe's car she said, "That isn't Joe's car!" so I had to drag her over there to prove it. There were a lot of nice rides there, Jimmie Vaughan didn't disappoint as usual. I really liked his '63 Riv. Some cars though left me scratching my head thinking, "WTF is that car doing here?" But, hey, to each their own.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

Me and my girlfriend went sunday. Someone had a grand am in that bitch with a ls1 conversion, widebody kit and a procharger!! It was clean though.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by F1C YA
thanks T.j i finally got to see the widebody kit and new paint after all this time. came out really good! bet that car isnt easy to keep that clean all the time!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
You thinking about a SS spoiler? I am.
nope. going with a narrowed 9 inch, fikse profil 5s 18x9 & 18x12 with a 6 inch lip in rear. and some under hood chrome plating , underbody reshoot, and tubular kmember and A arms . for interior i plan on just some t/a seats and new gm carpetting.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_S
So did either Joe or TJ take home any trophies this year? Both cars were immaculate.

Joe, I tried to look for you around your car on Saturday. My 5 yr old son REALLY liked it. He told me that I need to get a Camaro like yours.
took home 3rd place in my category.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ls1Gummi
Me and my girlfriend went sunday. Someone had a grand am in that bitch with a ls1 conversion, widebody kit and a procharger!! It was clean though.
Betcha don't have the ***** to put up either some money or your title against that "Grand Am". Hell, I bet he would rape you with his other ride as well.

Just because you don't have the same tastes as someone else doesn't mean that you should judge their choices.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ls1Gummi
It's actually a G9 with a procharger and widebodykit but thanks anyways

thanks T.j i finally got to see the widebody kit and new paint after all this time. came out really good! bet that car isnt easy to keep that clean all the time!
Its really not that bad, but ya your car was lookin' good when i went over and saw it ......very nice and congrats on placing!

Originally Posted by Randy_S

I took 3rd as well in my class, they put me in a very odd class.... semi hard top? I was with the 50's model chevy bel air's??? and i took 3rd out 7 soo i have no clue what that means, lol....... But ya all the little kid running around with no parents watching them was making me really nervous they kept on trying to get in my car for some reason and I would be like HEY U and they would take off running, lol......

Quick Reply: Houston autorama 2008