Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Chuk
You Have NO RIGHTS so get over it!
Spoken like a true fascist.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

I am an ex-Army officer and also was a certified Peace Officer for Texas many years ago as well. Have no record, and nothing to hide but will not allow anyone to search my car, or anything else of that matter. I have been pulled over once and asked, and was actually pulled over again a few years back by undercover tactical guys. Said I was travelling in a high risk drug area and wanted to search my car....wasn't doing anything wrong but said they did have probable cause since i was travelling on a HIGHWAY considered high risk...........bull****. I stood my ground and did not allow it then, and will never allow it in the future.

Know something, hiding something or not.....when police pull you over they are trying to find a reason to arrest you...this is a fact, or they would not run your file, check your tags, inspection, registration, etc...I am an active outdoors enthusiast and is very possible could have a hunting knife, or gun cartridges under my seat unknowingly...why would i put myself in a position to have to defend something that should have never been uncovered...not me Brothers. I would have an Attorney there before anything like that happened. Do I sound rather extreme...lol
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

I don't and never have carried weapons or drugs in my car. Hell, I've never even had a drink in my life but my lack of contraband doesn't mean I should give consent to a search. I've been asked for a search twice and both times I declined. Neither one of those times turned into an argument. It's the right that this country has provided to me and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give it up because of the time of night, bad neighborhood, or the kind of vehicle I drive.

If someone has no problem giving up their rights, then so be it. Who am I to argue with their decision? Rooster, if someone wants to excercise their rights, then who are you to argue with them? You have no more right to shun their behavior any more than I have the right to tell you how to live your life.

I think this video sums it all up. It's VERY long but a very good tool to learn and use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
Old 12-11-2008, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

my thing is, if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about.