Police Dog use in TX

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Police Dog use in TX

recent news article posted today. Town is Addison, which is a suburb of Dallas. kid gets pulled over for a routine traffic stop, and the police allow a dog to search his vehicle after the kid declines to give them permission to search.

im going to go ahead and let you guys state your opinions on this one

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/arch...olice-dog.html

includes the police car cam video!
http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dall...ml?nvid=309889
Old 12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to be a knuckle head who gave Midland PD hell every chance i got, so that said.... Yes search and seizure is our 4th ammendment right! The two most popular ways for Johnny Law to get around that is.
1) He has to have probable cause i.e. your bag of weed out in the open or open containers or suspicious behavior.
2) He has every right to run a dog OUTSIDE your car because its not IN your car and chances are you are pulled over on a PUBLIC road or parkinglot so its just like anyone else walking thier dog. So if the dog goes ape **** around your car then thats probable cause.
P.S. the dog has the same authority as the officer so you cant kick Fido in the *** or else you will be charged with assult on and OFFICER.. Dont ask me how i know
Old 12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
12 Second Club

Well IMO.. if the little **** head did not have anything, he was trying to be a smart *** with the Yes I mind....
Everyone knows that if you have nothing, and they want to search, why the hell would you tell them no.... Proven fact is the average person who says no is either
1. carrying something illegal.
2. being a **** (because his daddy is a cop).

if they bring a dog, then they are going to search the car..

I know there is alot of people going to say, but this and that...
Hell it dont matter.. Cop wants to search your car, he will one way or the other.

The cop dad needs to not worry about it, since he is going to try and get the son out of the ticket either way... Plus if his dad is a cop... The dumb *** does not need to be a cop if his son is running around on expired tags... He should of given his son a ticket because he sure as hell would of given me one...

But before I go on and start talking alot of ****...

The cop is good to go.... Kid thought he was the **** because daddy probably told him before to not let them search the car....
Old 12-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Well said^^^^^ sometimes we all have to grow up and realize karma is a bitch. Since ive been living right i realize bad **** doesnt happen to me as much.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned

Dog wins - Search and DESTROY stupid people.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

i just wasted 11min of my life thanks. everyone gets fucked by the long dick of the law.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by quickblade
Well IMO.. if the little **** head did not have anything, he was trying to be a smart *** with the Yes I mind....
Everyone knows that if you have nothing, and they want to search, why the hell would you tell them no.... Proven fact is the average person who says no is either

Hell it dont matter.. Cop wants to search your car, he will one way or the other.

The cop dad needs to not worry about it, since he is going to try and get the son out of the ticket either way... Plus if his dad is a cop... The dumb *** does not need to be a cop if his son is running around on expired tags... He should of given his son a ticket because he sure as hell would of given me one...

The cop is good to go.... Kid thought he was the **** because daddy probably told him before to not let them search the car....
Not the case....why is it wrong to say no to a cop searching my car?....Why should i let him search my car? Give me a good reason.....the fact that i have nothing in there and they will not find anything is not the point...tell me why i have to or should let them search my car.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

I've refused twice and had **** on me TWICE, and they didnt get in.

Both times i told them no, I dont have anything on me & no you cant search my car. When he asked me why I told him "Its just a waste of time because I dont have anything on me & I'd just like to get home."

One time was actually in ADDISON come to think of it. He said "So if i got my dog out of my car and brought him over here he wouldnt find anything?" "Nope..." "OK...." said the officer. He went back to his car, came back without the dog and said, "Ok this is your last chance, just tell me what you have, whatever it is you can dump it out on this grass right here & we will call it your lucky night," I insisted & said "but officer I dont have anything on me, I'm just on my way home..."

..."OK, please sign this ticket for making a u-turn in a no uturn intersection, this is not an admission of guilt just a promise to appear etc...."

Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 PM

It's a "proven fact" that exercising my constitutional rights makes me a ****?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GT Griller
Not the case....why is it wrong to say no to a cop searching my car?....Why should i let him search my car? Give me a good reason.....the fact that i have nothing in there and they will not find anything is not the point...tell me why i have to or should let them search my car.
I did not say it is wrong to say no... But if you have nothing on you, why does it matter if they search your car...... You might get lucky and they be like, well he has nothing...

But what I am saying is if you have nothing, and the cop asks to search the car, and you say no, you will be there twice as long because one way or the other if they are set on searching your car, they WILL........

You can tell them what you want to..... I am stating from the kid on video..
If I was the cop I would of done the same.....

I have been in this situation before, and I know how things go..
I said no once, and I didnt have anything at all......
So an hour later after they let me go I WAS ******* pissed because I had other **** to do that night, then to spend 1 hour on the side of the road for NOTHING....

So basically if you feel like hanging with the cops and having them look to **** you on everything they can.... that is your choice to do that...
Just like it was this kids.... and they ran the dog thru the car....

so you dont have to, but if they ask you are better off to let them..
Since if you have a dick head cop there, he will get you one way or the other.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by quickblue2

Both times i told them no, I dont have anything on me & no you cant search my car. When he asked me why I told him "Its just a waste of time because I dont have anything on me & I'd just like to get home."

One time was actually in ADDISON come to think of it. He said "So if i got my dog out of my car and brought him over here he wouldnt find anything?" "Nope..." "OK...." said the officer. He went back to his car, came back without the dog and said, "Ok this is your last chance, just tell me what you have, whatever it is you can dump it out on this grass right here & we will call it your lucky night," I insisted & said "but officer I dont have anything on me, I'm just on my way home..."

..."OK, please sign this ticket for making a u-turn in a no uturn intersection, this is not an admission of guilt just a promise to appear etc...."

ok so not all of us are this lucky... good job.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sooner Todd
It's a "proven fact" that exercising my constitutional rights makes me a ****?
sure if that is what you think... But I did not say exercising you constitutional right would make you a ****...
My words were...

If the little ****... That being referring to the kid on the video..........

I did not say if you exercise your right you are a ****...

But when a cop searches your car, and you go and complain about it with your daddy, then yes I will call you a little ****....
that is MY OPINION....
Old 12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

I did not say it is wrong to say no... But if you have nothing on you, why does it matter if they search your car...... You might get lucky and they be like, well he has nothing...

But what I am saying is if you have nothing, and the cop asks to search the car, and you say no, you will be there twice as long because one way or the other if they are set on searching your car, they WILL........

You can tell them what you want to..... I am stating from the kid on video..
If I was the cop I would of done the same.....

I have been in this situation before, and I know how things go..
I said no once, and I didnt have anything at all......
So an hour later after they let me go I WAS ******* pissed because I had other **** to do that night, then to spend 1 hour on the side of the road for NOTHING....

So basically if you feel like hanging with the cops and having them look to **** you on everything they can.... that is your choice to do that...
Just like it was this kids.... and they ran the dog thru the car....

so you dont have to, but if they ask you are better off to let them..
Since if you have a dick head cop there, he will get you one way or the other.

Ok i thought u were trying to say we should all just give up and let them....i see u mean its just ur choice to let them search u....ive been asked before and ive let them...i just didnt like the fact (or i guess the way i read it) that i was thinking u wanted us to just give in.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will say this, that cop was looking for anything to nail the kid. I'm around HPD dog's and Custom, Border and Protection dogs all the time and when they find something they are immediately on it. when the dog does find something they just sit and wait, this officer just allowed the dog to wonder and look!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

nothing wrong with what the officer did...nough said. whats the point of this thread?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:23 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I respectfully strongly disagree.

It is your unalienable right as an American to refuse search of self and personal property and as an American it is your duty to protect those rights. Because I am a good citizen and do not participate in illegal activity I choose to refuse search at any time. This is my right. You want to give up your rights, then so be it but do not confuse the issue. Police do not have the right to search unless it is given or probable cause can be proven. Refusing search is not probable cause for search
Old 12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

ok so not all of us are this lucky... good job.
ALOT of it is in the attitude you present to the cop.

Cops ARENT robots, and more times than not, they WANT to exert their authority and show you who is boss. When you don't let them run their own course they turn into dicks, therefore your only shooting yourself in the foot if you give them lip or attitude. Be polite, show courtesy & respect, and its a whole different ballgame.

Besides, my refusal could have been legit & I not have anything, maybe i just need to get back to work and i literaly dont have time to sit here and be searched. They dont just check the glove compartment and armrest, they take their time!!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Teching In

I ALWAYS tell them no. Seems like everytime i get pulled over they wanna search my car, maybe its because im young. I always ask "why do you want to search my car". The answer is always "to see if your hiding anything". So i just say "There isnt anything in my car so then the answer is no".

Everytime ive done it they havent taken any longer then usual, they dont get rude or nasty. Only once have they brought a dog around the car which nothing was found. I dont do any drugs so there is no reason to search my car. Kinda like when they ask to come in my house, I always say no. Not because im hiding anything, not because i want to be an ***. There is just no reason to do it.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

i am not saying that if you say no, you are hiding anything...
Or for the fact that you have the right to say NO...

But in this case the cop was going to do it one way or the other... You could tell from the cops stance and the way he is looking...

I say no also... That is my right... But if they want to they will bring the dog and say..
MY DOG caught a wiff of something... and blah blah blah and then search your car..

as to trevar.. I agree refusing search is not probable cause...
But they dont care.. If a cop is out to search your car... Where I am going with this is...
It will not matter what you say or do.. If they are out to search it, they will one way or the other........
Old 12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by quickblue2

I'm not sure what to think about this. Obviously it was your lucky day, but maybe the best bet is to NOT have "****" on you. Clearly the officer suspected something, but then again if he did have a dog and didn't get him out...well that was his bad.