Craigslist Scam

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Ginger Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 70hemicuda
i understand that. theres just not a whole bunch of stuff i can do now. Just wait. i might as well have a lil fun and try to laugh a lil bit.
another point is, you said you've talked with the FBI already, with you being 16 they are going to need to talk with your parents to go any further...you are a minor and still under your parents rules/authority etc.

It sucks that you have all these circumstances surrounding you and telling your parents...but you're gonna have to get this dealt with sooner or later...you can't wait to turn 18 for this to be resolved...

You will have to face this sooner or later.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you might as well stop trying and consider this a loss. The only reason I think this is because of your lack of proactivity. I understand you're young and in a bad situation with the parents, but if you continue this process of trying to have other people call for you and not telling your parents you are screwed. I know you think that your parents can't do anything, but just the fact that they're not minors will validate your case twice as much. After reading this entire thread just now, I don't know who to be more frustrated with; you or the scammer. Obviously he is a total fuckface, but you're being completely ignorant and I want to shake the living **** out of you until you realize that this whole thing will fail until you do the responsible thing. I really do hope that I'm wrong and that you get what you deserve and he gets what he deserves, but in all honesty, I don't see it happening if nothing changes. Good Luck 70.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Launching!

**** just email this guy the thread about the mett isenger dude, im sure we'll beg for forgiveness once he's read about him. lol
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

do like i did when i sold a rolex to a guy who tried to scam me! i took a $300.00 flight to his town went ot his front door confronted him and gave him 2 options jail or pay!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:42 AM
Launching!

I agree that you have to follow up with the cops and do all that but in the mean time you should try to do some legwork yourself and try to find out where he lives because lets face it it takes a while to get anything done. You have to get the ball rollling with the authorities. If you don't wanna tell your parents and your sister is a lawyer then she can handle it for you just as well as your parents. I saw the dateline stuff. The point is that that dude had to do all the legwork himself. Nobody went to nigeria for him. He had to do the legwork without the authorities. The fact that people had **** loads of packages going to thier house prooves this ***** easy to get away with. You have to find out where the scammer lives. Where his friends live. Where he hangs out. That way you can lead the authorities to him. Get the ball rolling with them and stay on top of them. In the mean time find out more information about him. You'll probly have to do everything yourself or with your sister. I don't see the authorities helping.

A friend of mine was selling a laptop his dad bought him last christmas, Brand new in the box. A guy in Houston said he would buy it but only on his credit card via paypal. My friend accepted and drove the f ing computer to the guys house. The next day the guy filed a claim with paypal saying he never got the Laptop. Paypal gave him his money back and he closed his account. The cops had ALL his info. Where he lived and everything and wouldn't do ****. It was 1500$. We eventually had to show up to his house and force him into giving the computer back. So don't think that the cops rilly give a ****. They would care more if the guy BOUGHT something from someone with a stolen credit card or something then him ripping you off because it's hard to proove.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to see what kind of bull **** reply they sent I said I had the money and wanted to buy iy, there reply was .......
I am in new york state right now and now I don't know when I will be back. Just moved. I can make paypal available though for payment for security and ship to your address if you want though. Let me know if your interested. Thank you.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Banned

subscribed
Old 12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Allright I again sent another email asking if I could get some contact info, was going to send the money as soon as I could speak with them to make sure it is legit. I havent had time to call but.............
Ok.
My number is 585-354-8444
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Old 12-17-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

anyone get this SOB yet???? i'd like to see blood!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should go confront him and ask for your money back and if he doesnt give it back tell the cops he tried to sexually harrass you(minor).....lol.

MF'er will pay up then.......
Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
You should go confront him and ask for your money back and if he doesnt give it back tell the cops he tried to sexually harrass you(minor).....lol.

LMAO

but great idea LOL
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 306 That Could

Good ****. Poor kid would show up an actually get raped though, lol.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

^^dont lol at that blubox...although that would be my luck
Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Teching In

^^dont lol at that blubox...although that would be my luck
Come on man, you gotta nail this sucker! Have you got any word from the FBI yet?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i totally agree. its been eleven days since the first post, and nothing has happened. how long before that did this happen? you really need to get on this. it blows my mind that you havent, cause ****, you could get a rearend if you got that money back. maybe there is something i am missing, but i just dont get it.

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you might as well stop trying and consider this a loss. The only reason I think this is because of your lack of proactivity. I understand you're young and in a bad situation with the parents, but if you continue this process of trying to have other people call for you and not telling your parents you are screwed. I know you think that your parents can't do anything, but just the fact that they're not minors will validate your case twice as much. After reading this entire thread just now, I don't know who to be more frustrated with; you or the scammer. Obviously he is a total fuckface, but you're being completely ignorant and I want to shake the living **** out of you until you realize that this whole thing will fail until you do the responsible thing. I really do hope that I'm wrong and that you get what you deserve and he gets what he deserves, but in all honesty, I don't see it happening if nothing changes. Good Luck 70.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

i just email him. plan on seeing if i can money order him money...get an address that way with with name etc. also asked for a phone number. see what he says. 70 any news from the FBI? also...as much as it sucks....you need to tell your parents. its a crap situation i know....but will only help. they wouldn't want their son getting screwed on that much money. i live in pa but willing to make a lil trip with a few members to do some justice
Old 12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

im ready to make a "powertour" roadtrip to new york!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Would it be a good idea for me to call him up? what would i say to him? "Hey mister, give me my money back?"
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Would it be a good idea for me to call him up? what would i say to him? "Hey mister, give me my money back?"
You are impossible.

CALL HIM!

OR

TELL YOUR PARENTS, and have them call him.

WOW.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
You are impossible.

CALL HIM!

OR

TELL YOUR PARENTS, and have them call him.

WOW.
pretend to be his dad and call for him. and maybe you will get some of the cash....IF he gets it back

Quick Reply: Craigslist Scam