McNamee files defamation lawsuit against Clemens...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McNamee files defamation lawsuit against Clemens...

This is about to get really good. Roger Clemens let his ego get the best of him from the get-go on all of this steroid situation. All he had to do is take the same route that Andy Pettitte did and just admit that he used them, used poor judgement, etc and all of this would have been forgotten by now. Being the egotistical jerk he is and trying to bully Brian McNamee, this could blow up in his face now. I hope McNamee takes him to the cleaners!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081223/...lemens_mcnamee
Old 12-23-2008, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Clemens is as big of a lier as Raphael Palmero. Clemens is guilty by all means and thought he could escape. Not only did he ruin his legacy, he ruined his chance in the HOF. McNamee should take him to the cleaners and bust his ***.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still don't get why people care about "steroids" so much, I bet almost every professional athlete has done a cycle or two sometime during their careers (most likely in high school or college).

It's not like they did a cycle and were all of a sudden a super athlete. They still worked their *** off more than anyone else to get to where they are today.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
I still don't get why people care about "steroids" so much, I bet almost every professional athlete has done a cycle or two sometime during their careers (most likely in high school or college).

It's not like they did a cycle and were all of a sudden a super athlete. They still worked their *** off more than anyone else to get to where they are today.
i guess cheating is cool

coming from me (played baseball for the first 16 years of my life) i would be pissed if i found out someone beat me to a spot on a team because they did roids, its just bullshit.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i know alot that did it in college and hs. but now they are in pro ball and dont do it anymore. alot of them lost velocity on the fastball. its very noticable. then you have alot that just work their asses off and have never done any of that ****
Old 12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i guess cheating is cool

coming from me (played baseball for the first 16 years of my life) i would be pissed if i found out someone beat me to a spot on a team because they did roids, its just bullshit.
Barry Bonds is still considered the greatest hitter in baseball, roids or not he still worked 10 times as hard as you and has more god given talent.

The only people complaining about roids are the people who couldn't make it. There is a reason you don't see the professional baseball players speaking out against roids...

p.s. roids are probably less prevalent in baseball cause it's hardly a sport
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

id like to see you come out and play

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol im not upset i didnt make it. i chose to stop playing because i went off to college and wanted to do something else.

i dont understand how you see cheating as something is okay.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Texas Director

It's not really about the steroids. At the time these guys were alleged to have taken the 'roids they weren't banned by baseball anyway. This is about how Clemens handled himself and is a damn liar. His ego is what's going to cost him and the feds are going to nail his *** to the wall if they can prove he purjured himself, which is pretty obvious.

He thought because he's "Roger freaking Clemens" that he could muscle and intimidate McNamee and it turns out that he won't back down. Good for McNamee. Clemens is going to get everything he's got coming to him for being such an arrogant, egotistical a-hole! I hope he does time in prison over this. It would serve him right.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

There all of types of steroids: steroids that bulk you up, steroids that help your muscle endurance/stamina and steroids that help your body recuperate and repair itself. Anyone who thinks that roids are okay or it still takes talent to reach pro sports should look no further than the example of Ben Johnson in track and field. With roids he could run 9.8's, without them he couldn't even make Canada's Olympic team 8 years later(10.5's).
In baseball look at Mark McGuire, or even Barry Bonds whom before were good players but after using steroids they both rewrote the record books. Yes it takes hand-eye coordination but now a routine long pop fly will now carry and if either one got a good hit on the ball it would now travel 450-475ft. For the athlete who has maximized their natural god-given talent, having to compete against someone that has used a foreign substance in order to maximize their performance or compete on the same level, doesn't sound quite right to me?!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by 95zpro
There all of types of steroids: steroids that bulk you up, steroids that help your muscle endurance/stamina and steroids that help your body recuperate and repair itself. Anyone who thinks that roids are okay or it still takes talent to reach pro sports should look no further than the example of Ben Johnson in track and field. With roids he could run 9.8's, without them he couldn't even make Canada's Olympic team 8 years later(10.5's).
In baseball look at Mark McGuire, or even Barry Bonds whom before were good players but after using steroids they both rewrote the record books. Yes it takes hand-eye coordination but now a routine long pop fly will now carry and if either one got a good hit on the ball it would now travel 450-475ft. For the athlete who has maximized their natural god-given talent, having to compete against someone that has used a foreign substance in order to maximize their performance or compete on the same level, doesn't sound quite right to me?!
Heh...Ben Johnson was 35 years old when he failed to make the Olympic team in '96...well past most sprinters' primes. You're trying to assert that he ran 0.7 faster from the steroids...no way. Age was a bigger factor in those 8 years than steroids were.

And as far as performance enhancing drugs in baseball...way too much attention is being paid to steroids and not enough on the impact of stimulants. Numbers have declined more after the testing of the latter than the former.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Clemens can pitch for the Astros in 09 (at a heavily discounted rate) and use that money to pay off McNamee. He's got to be able to put up better numbers than Mr. I like to allow 5+ runs in the first inning thus putting the game totally out of reach Backe.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Texas Director

Clemens is done as far as ever playing again. The last year he played with the Yankees his numbers were terrible and he had a lot of injury issues. He's lost a lot of credibility with most people by the way he's handled all of this. Like I said, it's really not about the steroids with him. It's about him committing perjury, and the Feds are about to nail his ***, big-time. Couldn't happen to a more deserving a-hole!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mmiller
It's not really about the steroids. At the time these guys were alleged to have taken the 'roids they weren't banned by baseball anyway. This is about how Clemens handled himself and is a damn liar. His ego is what's going to cost him and the feds are going to nail his *** to the wall if they can prove he purjured himself, which is pretty obvious.

He thought because he's "Roger freaking Clemens" that he could muscle and intimidate McNamee and it turns out that he won't back down. Good for McNamee. Clemens is going to get everything he's got coming to him for being such an arrogant, egotistical a-hole! I hope he does time in prison over this. It would serve him right.

I agree they broke no Laws since the substance wasn't banned at the time. For McNamee to pull the bullshit he did makes him just as big an ******* or worse than Clemens in my opinion. This douche saved needles for years to use against Clemens, & also bringing his wife into the BS why she doesn't play ball. I hope McNamee get whats comming to him also. Roger should have admitted it from the start as stated, but Bonds hasn't admitted **** and the charges are going away so who knows.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Here is a pic of your boy

Barry Bonds is still considered the greatest hitter in baseball, roids or not he still worked 10 times as hard as you and has more god given talent.

The only people complaining about roids are the people who couldn't make it. There is a reason you don't see the professional baseball players speaking out against roids...

p.s. roids are probably less prevalent in baseball cause it's hardly a sport
Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vette

oh wow a college pic of Barry, he looks the same as jeff bagwell and alex rodriguez when they came in the majors, who woulda thunkit