well got pulled over on new years. tint and speeding question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MEZA TA
just take defensive driving again and don't tell no one lol. I took defensive driving like 4 times in one year As long as the city is getting their money they don't care.
x2..... if they get their money, they are good..
plus most cities dont seem to be checking the other cities to see if you have been there.. LOL
Old 01-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
like stated before. All windows could be painted black except for the windshield,driver/passenger front windows. I also inspected cars and the fronts are all the law requires the % on.
Nope, not anymore. The tint law now is:

Passenger vehicle - ALL doors, front or rear at least 25%, back window - dark as you want it.

Pickups - Front doors only at least 25% - Back doors and windows - dark as you want it.

We have had many debates on this reasoning and can't come up with a valid reason why they (Texas Legislature) would have the law this way. Also is does not state if a SUV falls in the passenger car category or pickup category. We have also asked for clarification on the new "cross-overs". What are they? SUV? Car? Who knows.... We are hoping in the next session beginning on January 13 they may clarify this law.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ Well DAMN IT man. Do you know there reasoning as to why my back windows on my CC truck can be dark but they cant on a car? that is strange although I don't really care law is law but just curious.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
^^^ Well DAMN IT man. Do you know there reasoning as to why my back windows on my CC truck can be dark but they cant on a car? that is strange although I don't really care law is law but just curious.
Honestly man, none of us can come up with a logical reason as to why it is this way. It's STUPID. I feel the same way, I wanted 15% on the back door windows of my wife's Accord when our little girl was a baby. But had to stay with the 25% since I am supposed to obey the law as well as uphold it.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Launching!

so wsttexas do you think i could get that dropped if i get my girlfriend to changethe tint on her car
Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chevy0128
so wsttexas do you think i could get that dropped if i get my girlfriend to changethe tint on her car
Some judges yes, some no. Here we have 4 JP's, three will dismiss if fixed, the other absolutely not. It is definitely worth a shot. Call the judge and plead your case. Try to go in person and show the judge your car after it is fixed, take a receipt showing that you paid to have it changed. Showing the judge that you have made every attempt to obey the law should go a long way. Hope that helps.

As far as the 91 in 80, good luck. The last time I had a speeding ticket was in 2001, I took the Defensive Driving Course online while watching a Saturday of college football.