Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that fugin sucks. i hope u find them some how
Old 01-03-2009, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28

How does that prevent a break in?
my car is so far back to my garage that no one can see it at night from the street

Edit: Just heard from my parents, my neighbors car was broken into last night and they got his gps unit and I live in North Lake Village near peek and highland knolls

Last edited by camAro242; 01-03-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you have an expensive GPS or V1, you should really consider taking it with you or at least taking it off the windshield. It just gives people a reason to break in.

Sorry to hear about your cars.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rayosequis
If you have an expensive GPS or V1, you should really consider taking it with you or at least taking it off the windshield. It just gives people a reason to break in.

Sorry to hear about your cars.
Yeah mine was really easy to see. I need to get a mount so it isnt on the windshield.

I never wrote down the serial # Do you think Valentine keeps track of that for you? There's even a spot in the back of the manual for you to write it down I guess I shoulda read the whole thing.

Lesson learned for sure. I got the window replaced today...not too bad $200 installed. I should have just bought the window for $120 and done it myself. It was really easy lookin. Getting tint later this afternoon. Should be back to normal in no time.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Racemadnss
Yeah mine was really easy to see. I need to get a mount so it isnt on the windshield.

I never wrote down the serial # Do you think Valentine keeps track of that for you? There's even a spot in the back of the manual for you to write it down I guess I shoulda read the whole thing.

Lesson learned for sure. I got the window replaced today...not too bad $200 installed. I should have just bought the window for $120 and done it myself. It was really easy lookin. Getting tint later this afternoon. Should be back to normal in no time.
if u call valentine they do have a record of your serial numbers!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by who281
if u call valentine they do have a record of your serial numbers!
Awesome! I'll call monday! So far nothing has shown up on craigslist
Old 01-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Curveball TECH

Sorry to hear about that, same thing happened to one of my friends at moe's. I guess from living in shady parts of town one of the first things I got was a viper 2 way alarm. I don't really see why someone would skip over one when $400+ items are being displayed in the car.

Good luck on catching the fgts
Old 01-04-2009, 03:57 AM
TECH Resident

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

DEADLY FORCE may be used to protect property including criminal mischeif at night.{ i e breaking car window}............

Last edited by MY06TBSS; 01-04-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you guys have your valuables in plain sight? V1 stuck on the windshield perhaps? If so, that is asking for trouble in the Houston area. I saw a report on the news that thieves even look for those suction cup circles left on windshields when you pull the suction cups off. If they see those, they know something is inside the car. Carry a rag and wipe those clean.

Car alarms won't go off because the doors were not opened. They bust the side windows by sticking a large flathead screwdriver into the window channel and gently prying outward. The window breaks inside the door and shatters it upward, it is very quiet. No impact, no alarm going off. Go practice in a junkyard, you'll see. Had a cop buddy explain that one to me.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

Damn thats bullshit. I have a couple friends that work there that i visited while i was home over christmas, glad i didn't bring the vette down.

Any suggestions on a good security system for the vettes?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tony is right. I started carry a rag to wipe the window after removing the V1 or GPS. If they can see the little circle marks they know its usually in the car. I have a bag for the V1 and GPS and take them inside with me. My wife used to laugh about it, but thats alot of money. The cars drawn enough attention just sitting there.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Called Valentine One today to get my serial no and reported it stolen so they are gonna look for it. It already has the latest upgrade so I don't think they will see it for a while.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Launching!

damn that sucks now i remember why i started leaveing my car in the garage all of the time now i cruise a round for a while and put it back in the garage what is the world coming to
Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn sucks. Seems people are doing crazy crap like this.

I was in the applestore in willowbrook mall with the wife and some **** snached one of the iphones and ran. There never caught him. All I heard was them yell hey and the alarm went off. Stupid people these days. Too bad I was at the other end of the store I would have loved to give a swift kick to the head to him
Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Did you guys have your valuables in plain sight? V1 stuck on the windshield perhaps? If so, that is asking for trouble in the Houston area. I saw a report on the news that thieves even look for those suction cup circles left on windshields when you pull the suction cups off. If they see those, they know something is inside the car. Carry a rag and wipe those clean

i was actually just about to post pretty much the same exact thing. i never leave my V1 stuck to the windshield unless i just stop at a gas station or something like that, where i stay within view of the car at all times (and even then, my alarm is activated when i go inside).

if i am going to be out of view of the car for any length of time, even 2 mins, my V1 gets taken down and hidden from view. leaving it there is like a sign being posted on the car saying "break into me".

i don't usually wipe down the little circles from the suction cups, but it's a good idea (especially if you live in some large city like Houston), and i think i'm going to start....it will help the suction cups stick better the next time, anyway....i always get pissed when one side of the suction cups lets go because it can't get good suction due to the previous circles that were left on there......

i'd also invest in a paging alarm with glass breakage sensors.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Launching!

wow matt good luck figuring out who did this, i hope you get lucky and catch the dumbass post it on craigs list. but when did you get a c6 ?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear that... the never of some people... bahhh it makes me mad and it isnt even my car and hell i live a good 20 hours away
Old 01-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Teching In

that makes me want to throw up.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Saw this posted today. Hope you find the piece of **** that broke into your car!

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/982570126.html