2 Vettes got broken into tonight...during dinner...in KATY!! WTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Vettes got broken into tonight...during dinner...in KATY!! WTF

WTF! we're eating dinner at Frank-N-Steins in Katy when we get told that 2 Vettes got broken into. They got me and my buddy. Stole my radar and scratched up my door and seat. Talk about smash and grab.

I'm most pissed about the scratches on my door and the torn seat. What kinda lowlife breaks into 2 cars in front of a restaurant.

The minute I see that V1 posted on Craigslist they better watch their back.

Anyone know where I can get a new drivers side window before Monday for a C6? C5 needs one too...

Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Damn matt sorry to hear about this.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Launching!

That sucks, Frank-N-Steins is a pretty popular place for meet ups. I know we have had a cruise that stopped there. HPD also had a car show there not to long ago. Makes me wonder if the thiefs are on these boards or just happen to be in the area when your cars were there.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Adam1982
That sucks, Frank-N-Steins is a pretty popular place for meet ups. I know we have had a cruise that stopped there. HPD also had a car show there not to long ago. Makes me wonder if the thiefs are on these boards or just happen to be in the area when your cars were there.
I never even thought twice about it gettin broken into...it was like 7:30 pm and we parked under 2 really bright lights.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Racemadnss
What kinda lowlife breaks into 2 cars in front of a restaurant.
I am not guessing a professional thief looks more like the work of a strung out dope head looking for items to score a quick fix. Sorry to see your evening get ruined while trying to have a night out, and especially to see a good looking car vandalized so brutally. Hope your insurance takes good care of you and your ride. I know I would want to perform acts of extreme violence on the person responsible for this.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:01 AM

My Trailblazer SS got the passenger front window shot at 8 times with a bb gun in broad daylight at katy mills yesterday. Cracked it in several places, it but not all the way through. When I talked to Katy PD they said another suv (yukon) had a smash and grab of a radar detector only an hour earlier in the same parking lot.

Right outside of Bass Pro! My V1 was on the window too!

Even in good areas some Sh$Thead kids and people always find a way to screw it up for the rest of us!

- Mark
Old 01-03-2009, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

sorry to yalls cars got broken into, this is the exact reason why i back my car into the driveway every night
Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks man, I feel for you! Good thing it's Saturday, I bet you can find a place
Old 01-03-2009, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Jeez...Sorry to see that. It really takes alot of ***** to do something like that around a place like Frank-N-Steins!

Originally Posted by camAro242
...this is the exact reason why i back my car into the driveway every night
What am I missing here?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:39 AM
LS7 Member

That blows man. I had both of my windows broken into while living in Austin and it's a shitty feeling. Hopefully the thief is stupid enough to post it up somewhere and you guys can catch him.

On a side note, they have the TX2K night meet there usually if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if they've had trouble with break ins there before..
Old 01-03-2009, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

The silver Z06 was mine and I just don't understand what kinda of lowlife would do this. He broke my passenger window and didn't take anything. I even had a camera in the passenger seat. I did not expect this at Frankensteins at all. Ruined the night that's for sure.

Last edited by daniel044; 01-03-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

I can't stand F@@KEN thieves!!!! I feel for you guys. Its horable to think the world that we live in, were you can't leave things in your car or have a nice sound system for fear of them being stolen by some lowlife piece of trash!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 AM

These people should be shot on sight.... I was so pissed to see my window shot out at katy mills. BROAD DAYLIGHT!

Ruined my whole day.

Try these guys

7 stars auto glass
281 448 8080

They come to you and I managed to book them for tomarrow (today I guess) Saturday to fix my Trailblazer SS window. My insurance covered it with now change in premium and no deductible due to the criminal nature. Maybe that can help you!

- Mark
Old 01-03-2009, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

yea man, be careful these days, the neighborhood my family has been living in for 4 years has been quiet for so long, but this summer out truck was broken into on our property, seems the thieves went trough every single car in our suburub trying to steal **** in the middle of the night.
I just wish our dog was at our house, because if he would have woken up and started barking i would be strapped coming out the door
Old 01-03-2009, 02:41 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear this guys. Makes me want to keep my car parked in the garage for awhile. Hope they catch the sorry POS that did it.

A co-worker almost had his TBSS broken into around 2am last night. Lucky his dog woke him up in time to turn the porch light on and scare the two men off.

Another friend of mine last night had a brick thrown threw the window of her car. Scratched up the paint, tore up the seats, and tried stealing the radio tearing up her dash in the process.

Also on the local news....

A rash of car break-ins at an Irving apartment complex has residents on edge. The complex is the Grand Venetian Apartments in the 6200 block of Love Drive.

New Year's Eve wasn't a very happy time for some residents at the apartment complex.

Some 16 vehicles were broken into on sometime between 5pm New Year's Eve and 3:30 am New Year's morning. All of the cars and trucks had their side windows busted.

The thief/thieves got away with some very expensive items including – eight GPS units, stereos, digital cameras and CDs.

There were no witnesses to the crimes and police have no suspect description.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk06tbss
My Trailblazer SS got the passenger front window shot at 8 times with a bb gun in broad daylight at katy mills yesterday. Cracked it in several places, it but not all the way through. When I talked to Katy PD they said another suv (yukon) had a smash and grab of a radar detector only an hour earlier in the same parking lot.

Right outside of Bass Pro! My V1 was on the window too!

Even in good areas some Sh$Thead kids and people always find a way to screw it up for the rest of us!

- Mark
We were driving by there a while back when my friends windshield split for no reason. i swear there was someone out there shooting at cars when they drove by.

That sucks about frank-n-steins i live near there and i'm always nervous about my cars on the driveway because of how punk kids are, they see something nice and assume there are nice things inside(there aren't, not even an aftermarket stereo).
Old 01-03-2009, 03:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by camAro242
this is the exact reason why i back my car into the driveway every night

How does that prevent a break in?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:53 AM
TECH Resident

serious question: If you catch someone in the act of breaking into your car, can you legally shoot them? Say at a restaurant/movie theater?

sucks to hear about your car
Old 01-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only if they attack you while you approach.

if its on your driveway there are a whole other set of rules that apply.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I feel for you guys, that sux. My brother had his Navigater broke into the same way @ the mall in Baytown. The theif had time to bust his dash, steal his radio/dvd player, go thru the console find the remote to it, pic out a few dvds & cds, grab the spare change, & a few misc. items all WHILE THE LOUD ALARM was going off & NOBODY saw anything, especially THE ROVING SECURITY.....