Multiple fatality street race in Pinehurst this afternoon from a popular racing light

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Thanks for the update, Vernon, I was wondering what ever happened with this.

On a side note: The ADA in that article sounds kinda like a dumbass.
Yeah, no ****!!

quote: State experts who reconstructed the accident calculated Ferguson’s speed at 117 miles per hour. Assistant Montgomery County District Attorney Warren Diepraam said cars will not usually travel that fast unless a computer chip — that acts as a governor and does not allow cars to exceed speeds of 98 to 106 mph — is removed.

“That’s because the tires might explode otherwise. So a driver also needs some high-speed tires,” he said.

right......
Old 06-30-2009, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And this is why I never street race, and why I’m at the track EVERY weekend... that driver should go to jail. He obviously didn’t plan for all off this to happen, but he should have thought twice before ruining several different families life’s... that’s sad
ohh and i bet they could find the motor cycle person that ran... once the one in the mozda wakes up they probably would take a statement from him on what the motorcyclist looked like… and I hope they do and I hope they find em… ...
Old 06-30-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I've been waiting for real news on the story. I've heard a few rumors around town but nothing worth mentioning. In my small town paper they just reported the DA saying something about This being a "special" case in that TX DPS in Austin is working on it. I'm guessing the perp. is being tight lipped so they're working on the PCM evidence and looking at his record closely for racing type behaivor etc.

I can't beat on the DA too much, that's probably what I would sound like talking about the law in court. He's got the right idea, even though the details are off. Sounds like they want to prove he was racing to get the convictions.

Vernon
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Yeah, I've been waiting for real news on the story. I've heard a few rumors around town but nothing worth mentioning. In my small town paper they just reported the DA saying something about This being a "special" case in that TX DPS in Austin is working on it. I'm guessing the perp. is being tight lipped so they're working on the PCM evidence and looking at his record closely for racing type behaivor etc.

I can't beat on the DA too much, that's probably what I would sound like talking about the law in court. He's got the right idea, even though the details are off. Sounds like they want to prove he was racing to get the convictions.

Vernon
So if he was just speeding really fast they couldn't convict him? That sucks for everyone that was involved. That is why I like to take my racing to the track and if I do deside to open it up a little bit it isn't on a road where someone could pull out in front of you. I don't know who's more at fault here the person speeding or the person that pulled out in front of the speeding car. It is a toss up to me. If he wasn't speeding down the road they wouldn't have gotten killed but also if they didn't pull out in front of him they wouldn't have gotten killed either. hmmmm IDK it all sucks either way.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Launching!

The cobalt will most likely be able to tell them up to 5 seconds of data (from the Airbag Control Module), including speed, brakeing, and percent throttle.

Quick Reply: Multiple fatality street race in Pinehurst this afternoon from a popular racing light