Son of a bitch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I've punched people in the face before, and I'm pretty sure that is considered assault
Ask Tyler, he knows about that subject
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ha 2 locks on my tailgate. They can F it up. My insurance will still have to replace it, but at least those bastards won't get it. I would love to hear them trying and just come outside and drop them. My truck is usually in the garage so it is a non issue.

I know of several guys who have had theirs stolen. It sux big time. Sorry to hear they got you Tony.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

so tony, you gonna get a video surveillance system in your new digs? i know if i were in your shoes, i would....as many nice toys as you have, it would pay for itself the very first time the theif/vandal/whatever got caught.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

I've got my storage shed (which is where I keep my R6 and thousands of dollars of car parts) rigged so when the door is opened, I have a light and an audible alarm that goes off to wake me up. Like most of you, I would rather catch someone in the act than watch when they did it and what they look like. I would have a more satisfied feeling catching them do it. I don't plan on droping anybody, items can be replaced, but I could rest assured that they would think twice before coming back ever again.

And after thinking about it, I guess this could go both ways in Texas. Is it worth your life to steal something from someone? And is it worth a life to keep a replacable item.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i actually caught the guy trying to steal my car.
guardian angel was watching that man that day. wasnt his time to go. i will leave it at that.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Tailgate stealing was popular back when I owned my Dodge... 05+, I remember on dodgetalk every day there was a new thread about jacked tailgates...
Old 01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nick K
Maybe you were driving too fast down I45 and it just flew off without you noticing?

Move out of the hood bro....

That plain sucks....
summerwood is far from the hood LOL, but the area is growing so fast and i noticed they cut down all the trees on the beltway so they will be finishing up the last stretch from 59 to wallisville rd
Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to steal tailgates, but as a joke. We all drove trucks and we
d steal a friends tailgate and go throw it in the GFs yard or something.

That or we would swap to tailagtes

I guess it wasnt stealing cause they were always returned amd it was kind of a big joke, but yah its only takes a few seconds.

Yah stealing and a hit and run fill me with some much rage its ridiculous. Some ******* hit my car in NOv and drive off. Dumbass parked next to me the next day cause hes so damn stupid he didnt realize he hit me..
Pics

Fucked my **** up. Cops watched me very closely for a few days. They told me since there was no witnesses they couldnt do anything.

So I replied with "So if I kick the everliving **** out of this guy and beat the hell of of his truck all I have to do is make sure no one sees me." Probably want the most intelligent thing to say but I was a little hot.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

VW wheels?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will69camaro
VW wheels?
Good catch!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by will69camaro
VW wheels?
Those look like the LG World Challenge wheels. I had them on my Trans Am.

But that VW logo does look out of place.

Sucks to hear about your truck, Tony! I've been lucky lately. No unfortunate thieving incidents (knock on wood).

Old 01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Launching!

I have a concealed carry license, and TX allows you to use deadly force to stop someone from stealing. At night, you can even shoot someone on your property for criminal mischief here in Texas.
That sucks what happened to your truck, but sorry that is awesome. You'd never get away with that in California.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OhOneWS6
You couldn't possible be implying insurance fraud after the beating WhiteHooptie has taken in this thread for stealing could you?
Actually, no I wasn't.

I just meant that nineball would be looking for a tailgate... depending on his deductable, he wouldn't tell them anything about it.

As far as a dent. I just meant that anyone who has ANY damage to a tailgate could easily steal one, or buy a stolen one... both way cheaper than painting or even PDR.

BTW, I do have a lock on my tailgate.... but if anyone stole mine they'd have to repaint it anyways
Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
So I replied with "So if I kick the everliving **** out of this guy and beat the hell of of his truck all I have to do is make sure no one sees me." Probably want the most intelligent thing to say but I was a little hot.
I know what you mean. Some uninsured illegals hit and ran the Camaro when my wife was at a friends. We found them and called HPD. 4 hours later they show up and refuse to knock on the guys apartment or anything even though we can see them in the window watching us. He told me just file on my insurance, he wasn't going to do a thing, but write a report. I asked him if I could chain their POS car to my truck and drag it home until I got money for repairs. He said "No, and if you do, I will have to arrest you." WTF they hit and run and he won't do anything. I wanted to do it anyway, but it wasn't worth having it on my record and screwing up my life. I was so pissed that I couldn't sleep all night for a week. I kept trying to come up with something I could do that wouldn't come back on me.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've punched people in the face before, and I'm pretty sure that is considered assault
i cant see you getting very visibly upset let alone punching someone in the face. you allways seem very calm and collected, even when you are mad.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dang man and you live in a good housing area right?
Looks like its time to move to a gated community.