Anyone carry a Shotgun for protection?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by purple_lean
LS1 Interceptor, I won't even bother quoting all what you wrote above because its a mile long haha. I agree with a few of your points. You are correct about the class C misdemeanor, thanks for reading my link. I was only making a reference to some specifics listed in code.

The burden of proof is on the government that I am a felon or that I am not allowed to legally purchase a firearm.

Alcohol and firearms don't mix.

I just don't feel that currently I need the extra responsibility of carrying a CHL. If I get pulled over, im not going to have my gun in my seat. It will be locked in the console, or glove box by the time I am on the side of the road. He will need probable cause to search my vehicle which he will not get or he will have get a warrant and then search and realize i am a law abiding citizen well within the limits of the rights granted to me by the 2nd ammendement and the great state of Texas.

wiki f-t-w

On March 27, 2007, Governor Rick Perry signed Senate Bill 378 into law, making Texas a "Castle Doctrine" state which came into effect September 1, 2007.[179] Residents lawfully occupying a dwelling may shoot a person who "unlawfully, and with force, enters or attempts to enter the dwelling", or who removes or attempts to remove someone from that dwelling, or who commits or attempts to commit a "qualifying" felony such as burglary, arson, rape, aggravated assault, robbery or murder. In addition, a shooter who has a legal right to be wherever he/she is at the time of a defensive shooting has no "duty to retreat" before being justified in shooting; the "trier of fact" may not consider whether the person retreated when deciding whether the person was justified in shooting.

Gov. Perry also signed HB1815, a bill that allows any Texas resident (21 or older) to carry a concealed handgun in the resident's motor vehicle without a CHL or other permit. Chapter 46, Section 2 of the Penal Code states that it is in fact not "Unlawful Carry of a Weapon" for a person to carry a weapon while in a motor vehicle they own or control, or to carry while heading directly from the person's home to that car. However, lawful carry while in a vehicle requires these three critical qualifiers: (1) the gun must be concealed; (2) the carrier cannot be involved in criminal activities; and (3) the carrier cannot be a member of a criminal gang
here here, I agree. I did talk to a lawyer, right after September 1st. If you read my earlier post it's exactly what he told me. He told me to throw it in a luggage bag or an over night bag to protect myself further.