Stupid dickheads at TXU Energy

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want to go to Stream Energy? If so, let me know, and I'll give you a guy's phone number.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Blck_01ss
Okay, i'm in the midst of a battle of TXU as well... I've recently move into a 2 bedroom 3rd floor apartment on the north west side of town with a good friend of mine. Well just recently he was living in a 3 bed room home using TXU as he had a contract with them THROUGH his parents (basically his folks contract). Well we decided that we would stay on the same plan and continue, you know just so we wouldn't have another "hassle" to deal with while moving in and getting settled, ect.. So we waited for our first bill having somewhat of an idea of what it would be around.. (200-250ish give or take a few) Now for the first 17 days we were in the apt we got a bill for $230.00 dollars. I thought, "wow thats a bit high for an apt" but we shrugged our shoulders and thought of a few explanations (3rd floor, shitty insulation, no curtins on the windows) of why it might be that high (in and out while moving, ac, lights, ect..) and thought we would be a bit more conservative and wait for the next months bill... Wellll next month rolls around and we get a bill for $450.00!! I was like WTF!?! We barely used the AC more then a few times simply because half of the month of january it was COLD!! So I kept my **** together, composed myself and got our bill and started doing the math on what was in front of me (went down read the meter multiplied our per/KWH for what we were being charged .17 and got our total). Now as far as everything on paper goes the bill was "correct". But how in the HELL could it be that much for a 2 bedroom apt!? So I called TXU and started to speak with one of the foreign reps (in which are located in El Salvador.... MEXICO!) that could barely speak english and had gotten nothing resolved simply because he wasn't authorized to talk directly to me in which I do understand because my name is not on contract,,, i guess. So now i'm debating wether we should cancel the contract (that way I can get out from under his parents wing) and start with a new company, maybe go month to month, or yearly contract with a cheaper per/KWH rating?? I really don't know what to do, and would appreciate any insight on anyone who has experience with these big elec companies.. As I understand from others that there can be "hidden" charges, or surcharges? Idk i'm frustrated, there's a bit more to the story but it seems irrelevant..

Have questions, ask.

Thanks,

-Randy
Haha, I feel your pain Randy. When I lived over in West Oaks, our electric bill was over $700 in the summer (4/4).
Old 03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
oh, i have all of you beat. i need to replace my crappy a/c units though, and that's why. usually $300-$500 in the fall, but i've seen bills as high as $1100 in the summer. 3000sqft house
damn that is alot!!!! maybe the a/c units do have alot to do with it, my old house was 1700sqft w/1ac unit and my bill in the summer was $280, my house now is 3100sqft w/2ac units and the highest ive gotten so far is $215, its a way newer home so im pretty sure they insulate these new houses alot better, i know the a/c that i have now is "trane", from what i have read they are on the top side of the list? so who knows?

by the way im with reliant energy, 2yr contract .13/kw,
Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ap2002
damn that is alot!!!! maybe the a/c units do have alot to do with it, my old house was 1700sqft w/1ac unit and my bill in the summer was $280, my house now is 3100sqft w/2ac units and the highest ive gotten so far is $215, its a way newer home so im pretty sure they insulate these new houses alot better, i know the a/c that i have now is "trane", from what i have read they are on the top side of the list? so who knows?

by the way im with reliant energy, 2yr contract .13/kw,
yeah man, my a/c units are both about to take a dump....and my house was built in '96 so i think for the most part it was before all of the energy star stuff came out. i need a new back door too, there's about a 1/8" gap underneath it where it doesn't seal, and the door's so rotted out that i can't nail anything under there. i just have a few contributing factors to it, but those are the biggest ones. i'm sure i can get my light bill down a bit, but replacing the a/c units is BIG $$$$ because i have to change out the entire system because of the switchover from the old freon style to whatever the hell it is now. they said i have to replace the units, the ducting, the furnace, and everything else associated with it
Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
they said i have to replace the units, the ducting, the furnace, and everything else associated with it
Uhhh, you might want to get a 2nd look at that. House I'm in was built in 74. Replaced 2 units a few months ago and kept most of the original ducting, wiring, etc. And we saw a decent change in the electric bill.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Sorry Dude, El salvador is it's own country and in no way part of Mexico.

Spark energy huh, did you have to do anything special to switch over Thunder? Im tired of damn Reliant and there fucken high rates.
I stand corrected lol. But thanks for reading my entire post and not using any of the context clues God has given you to understand that all I'm asking for is a little INSIGHT, not criticism. Either way, the number that is given to call for customer information is located some thousands of miles away... All in all I need some help trying to understand how these companies work. I've researched many of our lowest rate companies around Houston and it seems TXU has the market beat in that aspect.
Help... References??

-Randy
Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KCS
Haha, I feel your pain Randy. When I lived over in West Oaks, our electric bill was over $700 in the summer (4/4).
psshhh in that case i'm going to have my own gas generator sitting on the balcony runnin this biootch! lol

-Randy
Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jlrz28
You guys can do better than that check out http://www.powertochoose.org/ get the cheapest price and go on. Its normally better to sign a contract in the fall when it is normally the cheapest. I have had Gexa for a few years and they have great customer support, but it still runs though Centerpoint for the father service.
What he said. I have also been with Gexa since deregulation started.

I wouldn't give a f'n dime to Reliant. If you check out powertochoose.org, you will see that Reliant has among the highest rates. Reliant was also involved in the California deal a couple of years ago, where they practically held the electric customers hostage for huge and illegal profits.

Center Point is just the meters, wires, high lines, substations, etc., and they don't sell electric power. They get a percentage of each light bill, but it is regulated.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 AM
TECH Resident

TXU did the same thing with a few of the people I have classes with...not billing for over 2 months...cutting off the electricity....then charging for all the disconnect\reconnect fees ect. seems to be pretty common lately in Tyler.......Either TXU is up to something....or the people are not paying their bills.....

It seems that TXU is holding people responsible for not paying (disconnect\reconnect fees) when they cannot prove that they actually billed the customer.....seems unlawful to me...just my $.02

I have Cirro, only problem I had was when they claimed I was out of contract (had renewed on the internet)...had to talk to a manager, but the problem was resloved.

Last edited by A_W_O_L; 03-12-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Want to go to Stream Energy? If so, let me know, and I'll give you a guy's phone number.
Guys feel free to contact me for Stream. I work on the Georgia Gas side but I still have ties to Texas Electric (transactions Team lead formerly in Texas). I am free to answer any questions you may have about energy in the dergulated market.

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
I am with Stream energy and have no complaints. I locked in a two year contract for 11.9/kw. Be careful though if your contract ends and you don't renew it they will raise rates sky high.

J
Rates do not go sky high, if you are referreing to the increase in summer month to month/variable rates that was across the board in all companies due to the Natural gas prices trading at over $13 in July and now they are at $4ish...blame the speculators that drove up oil for this past summers rate increase. Yes be mindful of your contract end date and if you are up for renewal anyone feel free to email me and I will get you in contact with a loyalty person up here to make it easier to lock in a new rate.

If anyone has any questions about any other companies or just how the Texas electric market works feel free to email me. I am not trying to push Stream just want to clear up any information or help any customers as I see fit. If you want to switch to spark/gexa etc I'll give you advice on making the switching process easier as well.

nathanh@streamenergy.net
Old 03-04-2009, 07:56 AM
TECH Regular

Let me clear up some misinformation as best I can.

Originally Posted by vette
When a company sells something to another company to sell to you, It is going to cost more!!!!!!!! This is the way they Fu#K you every time. There is not any cheap rates. Why not just give the discount to the public????
Centerpoint is guaranteed a profit of so many percent. It used to be 14%. I do not know what it is now...

BTW: Tom Tynan is a lying Bastard.....and he is paid to do it!!!!!!!!
Centerpoint is simply a poles and wires company, they are not an energy provider. Standard cost/profit is supposed to be 10% for all TDSP's which include, Oncor, Centerpoint, TNMP (texas new mexico power), and AEP (central and north) in the Texas dereg market.

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
You guys should pay my electric bill its usually about $500 a month. My bill was still right at $300 during the hurricane when we had no power for 4 weeks. Tell me that aint some bullsh-t. NO matter what you do the electric companies are going to bend you over and let you have it.
Your bill is what you use (kWh) x your rate + tax (some companies also have a $5 or more customer charge (txu)). Now there is a chance that since almost all of their techs were working to restore power you got an estimated bill (you can call your provider and request this info) but the following month should be actual reading. So during the hurricane the month after lets say they estimated and it was a few hundred kWh then the next month when you get your actual reading it (your bill) should be a few hundred less then you actually used to balance out if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
Just watch out...
there is always the possiblity of the provider going out of business..
I have heard that happen before, since they regularized the electrical power
This is true a few REP (retail electric providers) did go out bizness last summer and there are a few tetering towards not doing so well. Most that survived the credit crunch (what killed the others) are going to be ok. Credit/cash flow was the main issues with the REP's that went under. They could not meet their depost/financial obligation to ERCOT (electric reliability council of Texas)

But this is all from someone who doesn't know to much about this ther electricity stuff. :-p
Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=NaSSty Nate;11174023]Let me clear up some misinformation as best I can.

Centerpoint is simply a poles and wires company, they are not an energy provider. Standard cost/profit is supposed to be 10% for all TDSP's which include, Oncor, Centerpoint, TNMP (texas new mexico power), and AEP (central and north) in the Texas dereg market.

Thanks Mr. Nate,
You are right I was wrong about Centerpoint, It is RELIANT ENERGY. I know it use to be 14%. I am very sure that they have decreased it JUST TO HELP US!!!!!! I am so sorry to give you all this MISINFORMATION. Please accept my apologies. I am sure you know all about electic stuff...

Old 03-04-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vette
Thanks Mr. Nate,
You are right I was wrong about Centerpoint, It is RELIANT ENERGY. I know it use to be 14%. I am very sure that they have decreased it JUST TO HELP US!!!!!! I am so sorry to give you all this MISINFORMATION. Please accept my apologies. I am sure you know all about electic stuff...

Reliant is just a REP...they don't have a built in profit but they are like us...we make as much as we can while retaining current customers and enticing new customers to switch. We have to make a profit and pay our employees too ya know. It's all good, I'm just trying to help anyone out that has any questions. I apologize if it comes across as talking down to anyone here.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default .

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Reliant is just a REP...they don't have a built in profit but they are like us...we make as much as we can while retaining current customers and enticing new customers to switch. We have to make a profit and pay our employees too ya know. It's all good, I'm just trying to help anyone out that has any questions. I apologize if it comes across as talking down to anyone here.
Well TXU does not beat Reliant Energy. I have had TXU and a quite a few other REP(what ever this is) try to do that and they cannot....

BTW: Who does produce electric power??? IN TEXAS
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

My rate isn't to bad...only 8.5c per kWH.

and TXU sucks, Reliant is SLIGHTLY better.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Interesting. I'm on TXU and have been for several years. Never needed a deposit with them and the prices have been fairly competitive. I'm on the contract now that locks the rates from going up, too.

3300 Sqare foot house with 18 foot ceiling in the main living area, most it ever was in the summer maintaining 70-74 degrees on average (69 at night) was $350. It drops to about $100-$120 or so during the winter or when it drops below 70 outside.

I guess it just depends on how energy efficient your home is. The rate per KWH is what you look at and compare to other companies, not the total bill.

I've also replaced the lights I use the most with flourescents.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CySevans
I guess it just depends on how energy efficient your home is. The rate per KWH is what you look at and compare to other companies, not the total bill.

I've also replaced the lights I use the most with flourescents.
Exactly correct. People bitch about a $400 bill but don't realized they use 3k kWh...use less bill goes down.

CFL lights intially are more expensive but can save you over the life of the bulb.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOOT! 11.5/KwH with Gexa and no deposit. Couldn't have done it without a head's up from you guys. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am now a Spark energy customer....

12cents a kw....

**** txu.......
Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85
i didnt have to pay a deposit with reliant.
I didn't have to either. I'm still waiting to see what my first bill is going to be.

Quick Reply: Stupid dickheads at TXU Energy