Stupid dickheads at TXU Energy

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid ********* at TXU Energy

Ive been in my house for a month and a few weeks now. And I get my first bill in the mail today from TXU. So I was kinda waiting for it to come in and to see how much it is and all that good ****....to my surprise it says"that on the 10th there going to disconnect my lights."

So, I called them up and the first woman I talked to said i owed them $495 bucks in charges $300 of it was for a deposit and the $195 was for the bill.

Well, I kinda flipped out because the deposit was suppose to be waved because of my mother got it on her account just for I wouldnt have to pay a deposit. So, me and the woman on the phone go round and round about the **** and finally I ask to speak to her supervisor.

This ********, gets on the phone telling me "I WILL PAY...." he tells me that, they have to have the deposit to turn on the lights. And then in a year of good payment history they will refund my deposit..

At this point I blew a damn gasket and told that son of a bitch that his company if full of crooks and communist and all they are out to do is to **** people...I asked him why in the hell is my lights are on, if I didnt pay a deposit? I told him to give me 5 reasons why I should stay with TXU??? And I asked him how in the hell do people get there deposits back when the only bill they get in the mail is "we are coming to turn your **** off" ????? He didnt really have **** to say after I completely made him look like a complete dumbfuck....I told him i would not pay the deposit to take it out of the guy who told me that they would wave that **** paycheck...

well, after 45mins they use there magic and wave the stupid ******* $300...

Im pretty angry with TXU. Im thinking about going to Centerpoint or putting solar panels and a wind mill in my back yard....lol

And why in the hell cant you talk to people that speak good english?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

man, it's not just TXU, it's everybody these days. they all do that **** because there's too many suckers that will just pony up the cash. i hate the way companies do business these days, it's one of the reasons i will NEVER do business with Sprint again
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bye the way Centerpoint and Reliant are worse. I have TXU now and hate them, but they are the better of the 3 evils!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

at least you have a choice of companies. i'm stuck with westar, and thats all we have. whats even worse is the natural gas prices. to keep my house at 67-68 degrees its around 130-150 a month. last year it was less than that if i kept it at 71-73. its been a cooooooold winter this year.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i didnt have to pay a deposit with reliant.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man txu sucks *** big time i lived in 4bed 2story house last year and bill stayed around 300-350 with reliant me and my wife split and i moved into 2bed 2bath apartment with txu and bill stays around 300. alot smaller place than my last so needless to say im going back to reliant.............
Old 03-02-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Second Fun Car

You guys can do better than that check out http://www.powertochoose.org/ get the cheapest price and go on. Its normally better to sign a contract in the fall when it is normally the cheapest. I have had Gexa for a few years and they have great customer support, but it still runs though Centerpoint for the father service.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blubyu02
man txu sucks *** big time i lived in 4bed 2story house last year and bill stayed around 300-350 with reliant me and my wife split and i moved into 2bed 2bath apartment with txu and bill stays around 300. alot smaller place than my last so needless to say im going back to reliant.............
Thats probably because of the shitty a/c unit that the apartment complexes use.

Example; I lived in a 2/2 apartment that was about 1000sq ft, during the hot months my electric bill was around $220. Moved into a 2100sq ft house and my highest bill has been $235ish.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

I use Spark energy.
We got locked in @ .11C Per/KWH.
That was about 4 years ago..
They have gone up maybe 1/2 a cent since then.

We have used them for about 4 years now...

A lot better than the .16-.18 cents Per/KWH Reliant/TXU/ETC.... was charging

If you can get in and their rates are cheap, you can get locked in on that price...
Wait to long, and you pay a higher price..
I know when we locked in on .11C, My inlaws went to switch to Spark Energy, and it was up to .13C/KWH...
That was a while back,, not sure what it s now..
Shop around tho, thats your best bet..
Just watch out...
there is always the possiblity of the provider going out of business..
I have heard that happen before, since they regularized the electrical power
Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
at least you have a choice of companies.
Exactly!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Okay, i'm in the midst of a battle of TXU as well... I've recently move into a 2 bedroom 3rd floor apartment on the north west side of town with a good friend of mine. Well just recently he was living in a 3 bed room home using TXU as he had a contract with them THROUGH his parents (basically his folks contract). Well we decided that we would stay on the same plan and continue, you know just so we wouldn't have another "hassle" to deal with while moving in and getting settled, ect.. So we waited for our first bill having somewhat of an idea of what it would be around.. (200-250ish give or take a few) Now for the first 17 days we were in the apt we got a bill for $230.00 dollars. I thought, "wow thats a bit high for an apt" but we shrugged our shoulders and thought of a few explanations (3rd floor, shitty insulation, no curtins on the windows) of why it might be that high (in and out while moving, ac, lights, ect..) and thought we would be a bit more conservative and wait for the next months bill... Wellll next month rolls around and we get a bill for $450.00!! I was like WTF!?! We barely used the AC more then a few times simply because half of the month of january it was COLD!! So I kept my **** together, composed myself and got our bill and started doing the math on what was in front of me (went down read the meter multiplied our per/KWH for what we were being charged .17 and got our total). Now as far as everything on paper goes the bill was "correct". But how in the HELL could it be that much for a 2 bedroom apt!? So I called TXU and started to speak with one of the foreign reps (in which are located in El Salvador.... MEXICO!) that could barely speak english and had gotten nothing resolved simply because he wasn't authorized to talk directly to me in which I do understand because my name is not on contract,,, i guess. So now i'm debating wether we should cancel the contract (that way I can get out from under his parents wing) and start with a new company, maybe go month to month, or yearly contract with a cheaper per/KWH rating?? I really don't know what to do, and would appreciate any insight on anyone who has experience with these big elec companies.. As I understand from others that there can be "hidden" charges, or surcharges? Idk i'm frustrated, there's a bit more to the story but it seems irrelevant..

Have questions, ask.

Thanks,

-Randy
Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

I am with Stream energy and have no complaints. I locked in a two year contract for 11.9/kw. Be careful though if your contract ends and you don't renew it they will raise rates sky high.

J
Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some damn fine information in here. Thanks a lot gentlemen!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blck_01ss
So I called TXU and started to speak with one of the foreign reps (in which are located in El Salvador.... MEXICO!)
Sorry Dude, El salvador is it's own country and in no way part of Mexico.

Spark energy huh, did you have to do anything special to switch over Thunder? Im tired of damn Reliant and there fucken high rates.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im SO glad its not deregulated where i live!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 AM
01z
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Sorry Dude, El salvador is it's own country and in no way part of Mexico.

Spark energy huh, did you have to do anything special to switch over Thunder? Im tired of damn Reliant and there fucken high rates.
i had to do a double take when i read that LMAO

maybe you can talk to his supervisor in Guatemala, Honduras
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 AM
TECH Resident

You guys should pay my electric bill its usually about $500 a month. My bill was still right at $300 during the hurricane when we had no power for 4 weeks. Tell me that aint some bullsh-t. NO matter what you do the electric companies are going to bend you over and let you have it.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
You guys should pay my electric bill its usually about $500 a month. My bill was still right at $300 during the hurricane when we had no power for 4 weeks. Tell me that aint some bullsh-t. NO matter what you do the electric companies are going to bend you over and let you have it.
oh, i have all of you beat. i need to replace my crappy a/c units though, and that's why. usually $300-$500 in the fall, but i've seen bills as high as $1100 in the summer. 3000sqft house
Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

You guys do understand that when they deregulated electricity in Houston it only drove up the price per KW. With all the companies popping up, they all slimed their way further up slowly.

Maybe if we as Dumericans would just let the gov't take control of everything else then we would only have to worry about wiping our asses. That is of course until the gov't regulates the amount of toilet paper that we can use.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default ???????

When a company sells something to another company to sell to you, It is going to cost more!!!!!!!! This is the way they Fu#K you every time. There is not any cheap rates. Why not just give the discount to the public????
Centerpoint is guaranteed a profit of so many percent. It used to be 14%. I do not know what it is now...

BTW: Tom Tynan is a lying Bastard.....and he is paid to do it!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Stupid dickheads at TXU Energy