got a ticket,75 in a 45

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Nobody is perfect, so shut the hell up. I'm sure you have NEVER broken the speed limit....
Nobody is prefect, that's for sure. I know I'm not. I've broken the speed limit a time or two during the years. Just like many others.

But I guess the difference here is that I, and not many of the others, have not come on a message board complaining about it and calling the cop an ******* when all he was doing was just doing the job he was assigned to at that time.

I have just suffered the consequences of my actions and moved on.

Anyway... Good luck OP.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Nobody is prefect, that's for sure. I know I'm not. I've broken the speed limit a time or two during the years. Just like many others.

But I guess the difference here is that I, and not many of the others, have not come on a message board complaining about it and calling the cop an ******* when all he was doing was just doing the job he was assigned to at that time.

I have just suffered the consequences of my actions and moved on.

Anyway... Good luck OP.
well i was not coming on here complaining i wanted to know if anyone had about the same ticket and about how much they paid for it?! cops have a job to do thats great. i have many cop friends, sucks that at that moment the cop was there. you say things like ******* when you are upset. im sure you have never done that
im not flippin out , just thought i could keep the tickets away for a few more years , but oh well thats what you get when you drive one of these cars.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

Be glad he didn't take your *** to JAIL! Anything more than 25 over and its suppose to be go directly to jail do not pass go.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02ws666
get the lawyer, and you will get defered judification. it will cost you proly 300 for that tho, but at least its not on your record... and you will have to take defensive driving ne ways. and you will have to pay the lawyer....worth it tho
that soudns like the worst possible case (assuming still gettign out of it)

I have used a lawyer a few times and I allways just pay the lawyer fee (100-200) and then the case gets thrown out.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

No anything DOUBLE the speed limit is reckless driving or jail time!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

yea that is what they told me, double is jail time! anyway i called a lawyer and they said over 30 mph cant get thrown out, me-31 over but they fees and all to keep it off my record are 355$ so i dont know im going to pay it and for get it.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

ha this past november a day before my birthday i got popped, 105 in a 50. i told him i had to take a number 2.......needless to say it would have worked out had my insurance not flown out of my window literally 5 or less seconds from being pulled over and my registration was out....so i went to jail.....2 and 1/2 hours later i was out.....paid a 297$ ticket jan 15 but i was bein retarded. so i guess i deserve it lol
Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jsteele90
because he was doing his job. stop driving like a ******* on the street and you wont get a ticket for 30 over, which is reckless driving
stfu "*******"

and to the OP...relax~
my suggestion is not to waste your money on a lawyer. I've experience with this and this waht a lawyer does....

1) Yes Mr./Ms. prosecutor, we'd like to schedule.....Thanks that'll be 75 bucks.
2) you come back 2 months later and meet the lawyer....at the rescheduled date
3) lawyer meets prosecutor, says, "is the cop here?" prosecutor says...no he's napping.
4) you get off scott-free

scenario 2:
1 and 2 are identical
3)lawyer asks prosecutor "is cop here?"....pros. says "yep he's ready to throwdown"
4)lawyer says ok we'll take deferred ajudication/DD/etc.

the lawyer will only take your case to trial if you really want them to, which is dumb because you will lose unless the cop was OBVIOUSLY in the wrong..which is NOT your case.

I GUARANTEE YOU, you can handle this on you're own....without paying for a lawyer. i've done it multiple times. Most of which i've gotten dismissed.

as a side note...cops are human beings. only a ******** cop would take you to jail for that...its no big deal. just be very nice and don't give him ANY reason to remember you or for him to WANT to show up in court and make you pay
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mean87SS
It is wreckless. Be glad.

I would have written you for ALOT more.
what goes around comes around!

been pulled over a few times lately and the cops are def getting pressure with the economy the way it is to write more tickets and not let ppl off as much. There are still cool cops out there that will just write for the minimum of what they have to which is usually speeding or just 1 offense at a time depending on what it is.

The way i view it is if a cop does his job as much as possible if i ever have him as a patient so will i a little diarrhea never hurt anybody. Funny story on that topic one of the nurses in OR got a ticket while speeding for a family emergency said the cop was a *******. well guess who was scheduled for a fairly simple surgery that next week. thats right that same cop needless to say he ended up with surgical tape across his pubes! lol for surgical reasons of course

Now dont get me wrong i have nothing against cops that are normal ppl. normal ppl want to help each other out generally but their are def cops that will just be a *** and write you for everything possible.

Rant over!
im sure with a lawyer it wont go on your record. best of luck
Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
yea that is what they told me, double is jail time! anyway i called a lawyer and they said over 30 mph cant get thrown out, me-31 over but they fees and all to keep it off my record are 355$ so i dont know im going to pay it and for get it.
thats pretty much exactly how much i said it would cost. jsut pay it and be done with
Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ceissus
stfu "*******"

and to the OP...relax~
my suggestion is not to waste your money on a lawyer. I've experience with this and this waht a lawyer does....

1) Yes Mr./Ms. prosecutor, we'd like to schedule.....Thanks that'll be 75 bucks.
3) lawyer meets prosecutor, says, "is the cop here?" prosecutor says...no he's napping.

scenario 2:
1 and 2 are identical
3)lawyer asks prosecutor "is cop here?"....pros. says "yep he's ready to throwdown"

the lawyer will only take your case to trial if you really want them to, which is dumb because you will lose unless the cop was OBVIOUSLY in the wrong..which is NOT your case.

I GUARANTEE YOU, you can handle this on you're own....without paying for a lawyer. i've done it multiple times. Most of which i've gotten dismissed.

as a side note...cops are human beings. only a ******** cop would take you to jail for that...its no big deal. just be very nice and don't give him ANY reason to remember you or for him to WANT to show up in court and make you pay
i have used a lawyer a few times and its never been like that. same for others i know. they allways just pay 100-200 and then the case gets thrown out.
i know 1 or 2 times he got it thrown out due to somthing about the traffic or road survey (i dont recall the exact details)

a lawyer is cheaper than deffered and DD most of the time and it takes up less time most of the time. you can usually get deffered or DD on your own, no need for a lawyer for that.

i would rather pay a lawter $100 and not have to mess with anything. they know more ways to get out of tickets than me so its money well spent IMO.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

If you dont want to drop it all at once. They will do payment plans for you. Pay every other 2 weeks or every month. Which ever is fine with you. Thats if you don't want to pay it all at once.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Ceissus
stfu "*******"

and to the OP...relax~

scenario 2:
1 and 2 are identical

I've got some experience in this area too and this is pretty much spot-on.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
I've got some experience in this area too and this is pretty much spot-on.
maybe its time for a better lawyer. from mine and others experience its not even close to spot on.

i am sure that the cop not showing up is one way that lawyers get tickets get dismissed but when that is not the case then I have never seen it go according to step 4 in senario 2.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aggiez28
maybe its time for a better lawyer. from mine and others experience its not even close to spot on.

i am sure that the cop not showing up is one way that lawyers get tickets get dismissed but when that is not the case then I have never seen it go according to step 4 in senario 2.
please give me your lawyers name that will dig and dig to find something wrong with the road or weather conditions or hell that the moon had some scientific way to prove you wernt speeding, that will do this for $75-100
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

david spreacher. he does it for 100. i dont recall the guy who does it for 75. i didnt use him.

http://www.davidsprecher.com/

it looks liek he only does harris county. he may be able to reffer someone in your area though
Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

wow yea im going to pay 355 and be done with it, thanks for all the help guys!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

I got a ticket for 30 over. I went to see the court/judge and got deferred. I think the final cost was around $275. Like you, I decided to run through a couple of gears on an empty street. A motorcycle cop just happened to be in a parking lot I blew past. Doh!

I had to pay the ticket for 50 over, but that's another story...
Old 03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

damn!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsteele90
because he was doing his job. stop driving like a ******* on the street and you wont get a ticket for 30 over, which is reckless driving
Wow way to be a dick! As long as the conditions were okay then he was doing nothing really wrong imho. Plus that's just a retarded comment to make here on ls1tech...
Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Be glad he didn't take your *** to JAIL! Anything more than 25 over and its suppose to be go directly to jail do not pass go.
False. Over 25 means no defensive driving. If he were doing 90 (double the limit) then you can be taken to jail.

As long as you get a lawyer you should be fine, or you could try to handle it yourself.
either way you shoud be fine, not too big of a deal. And sorry to hear you were so unlucky lol. Time to invest in a good ol' fuzzbuster! haha

Last edited by TLUZLS1; 03-12-2009 at 03:34 PM.