got a ticket,75 in a 45

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what you get for racing on a city road.

We have all done stupid things with our cars, but man up and quit bitching, you knew the risks when you hit the pedal. There is no need to be calling the officer an ******* for doing his job.

Pay it and learn from it.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow... Talk about ignorance in some comments.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

I recentley got an 80 in a 50, paid my attorney $30 to take care of it. He went to court the 1st time and rescheduled, went back last week and got the fine dropped to $100. My problem is I have a CDL liscence and very hard to get out of anything with it. The original fine was $265, so my attorney saved me a few bucks, but still went on my record because I can't take DD or get a deferred agreement due too the cdl.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ceissus
stfu "*******"

and to the OP...relax~
my suggestion is not to waste your money on a lawyer. I've experience with this and this waht a lawyer does....

1) Yes Mr./Ms. prosecutor, we'd like to schedule.....Thanks that'll be 75 bucks.
2) you come back 2 months later and meet the lawyer....at the rescheduled date
3) lawyer meets prosecutor, says, "is the cop here?" prosecutor says...no he's napping.
4) you get off scott-free

scenario 2:
1 and 2 are identical
3)lawyer asks prosecutor "is cop here?"....pros. says "yep he's ready to throwdown"
4)lawyer says ok we'll take deferred ajudication/DD/etc.

the lawyer will only take your case to trial if you really want them to, which is dumb because you will lose unless the cop was OBVIOUSLY in the wrong..which is NOT your case.

I GUARANTEE YOU, you can handle this on you're own....without paying for a lawyer. i've done it multiple times. Most of which i've gotten dismissed.

as a side note...cops are human beings. only a ******** cop would take you to jail for that...its no big deal. just be very nice and don't give him ANY reason to remember you or for him to WANT to show up in court and make you pay
I can understand your point. I had a speeding ticket in the past that I paid nothing on, went to court after they rescheduled and the cop didn't show. All it cost me was $5 for parking (other than gas to get there and my time spent.)
Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brickyard

We have all done stupid things with our cars, but man up and quit bitching, you knew the risks when you hit the pedal. There is no need to be calling the officer an ******* for doing his job.

um i wasnt racing, just a little test and tune,just me on a empty road. just not empty enough. and if you got pulled over im sure would thinking...man what a nice guy thats doing his job and costing me 350$ but it cool... im not mad at the cop but he didnt help my day any.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Launching!

Only read page 1... But his ticket was my benefit.. though i'm sorry for the circumstances. ... love the wheels.

those those wanting to be jerks.. can you say you've never done the same thing... a vacant road gas it not look at the speed-o and maybe you were lucky and no officer there...

get a lawyer, he may get you no points on your license, or plea it out for less money than it origionally would have been.. it will cost atleast 250 for a lawyer. You may want to call the magistrate or whatever depending how big it is there. I had a friend who was a lawyer call and he got the fine dropped and points erased.

I hate to say it but it seems like every time you want to feel a kick in the *** from your car think about it hitting your wallett... what's worse is when you have 2 jack asses in cars almost the same color as yours who have been driving wrecklessly ( that's not a correct term they have wrecks.. one has totaled about 5 cars) then you pull out and johnny blue lights is all over you... and your going 5 under.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Get a radar Detector
Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I recentley got an 80 in a 50, paid my attorney $30 to take care of it. He went to court the 1st time and rescheduled, went back last week and got the fine dropped to $100. My problem is I have a CDL liscence and very hard to get out of anything with it. The original fine was $265, so my attorney saved me a few bucks, but still went on my record because I can't take DD or get a deferred agreement due too the cdl.
I know the pain... CDL here too... No DD or Deffered for us...
Old 03-13-2009, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Be glad he didn't take your *** to JAIL! Anything more than 25 over and its suppose to be go directly to jail do not pass go.
You CANNOT get arrested for speeding in Texas. Look it up
Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brickyard

Did you even read this thread??? He just explained himself and you just come in all late and start talking ****. Anyway to the op my buddy just got a ticket on his motorcycle doing 60 in a 35 and he fought it himself. When he got to court the cop did not show and it got dismissed. I have talked to about 10 people who have done the same thing and it worked for them too! Don't just lay down and take it in the ***, everyone on this board has sped and done something stupid before in their car or what would be the point to have one??? Get to the speed limit really fast or what???
Old 03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GOHOME
speeding and drinking and driving are the 2 things you cant get arrested for

i am assuming that guy ment that if your going over 25 over then they may charge you with reckless driving and arrest you for that
Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WILDMN
I know the pain... CDL here too... No DD or Deffered for us...
Same here, Totally sux for us with a cdl.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GOHOME
100+ and/or double the speed limit is reckless driving among other charges (depending on traffic and weather and such) and can get you jail time
Old 03-14-2009, 02:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mean87SS
It is wreckless. Be glad.

I would have written you for ALOT more.

I would have told you just like the last cop that pulled me over for suspicion of being black that I hope you are shot at your next traffic stop.

Patrol officers = good cops

Traffic cops = doughnut eating piglets!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Teching In

i agree with Pwebbz28...last time i got pulled over was by a patrol officer...doing 80 in a 40(construction spd limit, ussually was 60) guy walked up to my window and said howdy lol. let me go and told me to slow down
Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

any traffic violation can land you in jail. even a busted taillight.
traffic violations are misdemeanor crimes.
the cop was not being a jerk. he was just doing his job. and im sure the cop has no feelings toward your driving.
cops are human beings too.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

most citytraffic cops ARE total asshats with nothing better to do than be a ***** and look for anything.
Patrol officers earn my utmost total respect and do an awsome job. Dps as well are outstanding and do a great job. I'm not biased either as I use to work in corrections at juvenile hall in Cali (although not a peace officer) NOT a cop hater either.