Anyone know a AT&T technician, that can put my UVERSE in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i got a guy coming today to install the land line, I have that home manager system, i believe it works off the internet tho... ??

i dunno,ill ask him IF he gets here. If he doesnt show up then im blaming ONLY the ls1tech members that work for AT&T on here. (im jkin)
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Launching!

HA! Blame away, everyone else does. Ide like to help you out man but i work NW side of town and cant leave.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
HA! Blame away, everyone else does. Ide like to help you out man but i work NW side of town and cant leave.

i'm still on the NW side of town, care to hook me up? i'm moving this saturday on jones and grant, lmk, i'll return the favor in cash...
Old 03-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wasn't trying to rub it in. I know what it's like to wait. I went for 1.5 almost 2 months without ANY cable/internet waiting for it to be offered since I wouldn't do a dish and didn't want "charter" cable.

William
Old 03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HTX
i cant stand comcast. Time Warner was great to customers from what ive seen. Ever since COmcast took over HOuston, people are doing whatever they can to get away from cable. Comcast's customer service ranks next to Sprint in terms of treating customers like ****.
Yes. Comcast has many, many problems, among them simple math. When I had Time Warner and Comcast took their market over I received a letter from Comcast saying to expect a rate increase of ~4%. Since my monthly bill was only about 105 I didn't think much of it, basically an increase to about 110. When I got my next bill it was for damn near 170. I yanked out my STB's and dropped them off at Comcast telling them they could shove their rate increases up their fat ******* asses.

AT&T, if they don't change soon, will soon get the same treatment from me.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
Yes. Comcast has many, many problems, among them simple math. When I had Time Warner and Comcast took their market over I received a letter from Comcast saying to expect a rate increase of ~4%. Since my monthly bill was only about 105 I didn't think much of it, basically an increase to about 110. When I got my next bill it was for damn near 170. I yanked out my STB's and dropped them off at Comcast telling them they could shove their rate increases up their fat ******* asses.

AT&T, if they don't change soon, will soon get the same treatment from me.

Why do you say that blue, besides the shitty customer service, is uverse allways down and not working? can you please give me the pro's and con's of comcast and uverse. I am sick and tired of Comcast damn rate increases, i'm paying $25 than what my original bill used to be.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's not enough time nor space here to describe my ongoing drama with AT&T in complete detail. Suffice it to say it's been varied and many. From being sent to a collection agency 4 weeks after having my landline installed to calling CS multiple times to correct issues with my account only to never have them corrected. The only time I've had satisfaction is when Crager's friends came out and diagnosed a bad cable line and resolved some issues I was having at the time. But, yes, I'm still having to reboot my STB's constantly.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just so you all know...I work for at&t and as mentioned above, there is more people signing up for at&t uverse than installers...it is an issue being address by upper management and is being worked on...if your a future uverse customer, it is worth the wait. A sales rep in a store has absolutley no control over when your service is installed, so anyone saying they can "hook you up" can actually do nothing but put a phone call in, as you can. I have been signing customers up for uverse the past two weeks and getting install dates by the end of next month..the wait time is already dropping...if anyone needs anything further please feel free to pm. ill shoot you straight.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:48 AM
TECH Regular

There's not enough time nor space here to describe my ongoing drama with AT&T in complete detail. Suffice it to say it's been varied and many. From being sent to a collection agency 4 weeks after having my landline installed to calling CS multiple times to correct issues with my account only to never have them corrected. The only time I've had satisfaction is when Crager's friends came out and diagnosed a bad cable line and resolved some issues I was having at the time. But, yes, I'm still having to reboot my STB's constantly.
That sucks that you have had problems with it. We have only had to reboot once in about 6 months. We had to wait to get ours for a few months as they were still putting in the new lines in our area but we love it. We have HD in two rooms and regular in my son's with the medium speed internet as it is fast enough.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

Ok, I was wrong. I looked at it more and Uverse seems like the ****. Its only too bad they haven't set it up in El Paso yet, but thats ok I'm outta there in August.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randy_S
That sucks that you have had problems with it. We have only had to reboot once in about 6 months. We had to wait to get ours for a few months as they were still putting in the new lines in our area but we love it. We have HD in two rooms and regular in my son's with the medium speed internet as it is fast enough.

UPDATE:

I called CS on Thursday and talked to someone that actually sounded like they knew what they were doing. She said they have new STB's and would upgrade them with the transfer of services. She also reduced the monthly rate on my services. Let's just hope everything she did takes this time unlike the other times where nothing changed even after calling half a dozen times.

Unfortunately, AT&T isn't even sure if they service our new neighborhood. I may have no choice but to get Comcrap. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Launching!

UPDATE:

I called CS on Thursday and talked to someone that actually sounded like they knew what they were doing. She said they have new STB's and would upgrade them with the transfer of services. She also reduced the monthly rate on my services. Let's just hope everything she did takes this time unlike the other times where nothing changed even after calling half a dozen times.

Unfortunately, AT&T isn't even sure if they service our new neighborhood. I may have no choice but to get Comcrap. We'll see how it goes.
If you are moving your issues will probably be fixed. Regardless of the "new" stbs. Thats a myth anyway. The only thing new about our stb's is the software. We are using refurbished equipment. Have been for almost a year.

Steve shoot me a pm with your account number and ill see what i can do Ive got connections in the crew that works your area, so if i cant get over there to do it ill get someone there.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Teching In

If you are moving your issues will probably be fixed. Regardless of the "new" stbs. Thats a myth anyway. The only thing new about our stb's is the software. We are using refurbished equipment. Have been for almost a year.

Steve shoot me a pm with your account number and ill see what i can do Ive got connections in the crew that works your area, so if i cant get over there to do it ill get someone there.

ehy when i get the account number from my gf i'll send it to you. we just moved in yesterday, but she said we are suppose to be getting 2 receivers this time instead of just one.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the firmware is updated to where I don't have to reboot once or twice a day I don't care if the hardware is 4 years old.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

UPDATE:

Hey, whats going on? This is Mike, Cragers friend that went to your apt. Where are you moving your service too? If its the same area I can probably get the install put behind me to make sure you get a good install. The install has a lot to do with how your service works.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

the only thing I dislike about UVERSE is there is no clock on the box like comcasts. Thats about it. My fiance called EVERY hour for 3 days, lol...no joke. So they are coming waaay sooner.

I already got my land line in, some contractors got to come out and bury the line. Tuesday U Verse is coming...I hope
Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KITT
Hey, whats going on? This is Mike, Cragers friend that went to your apt. Where are you moving your service too? If its the same area I can probably get the install put behind me to make sure you get a good install. The install has a lot to do with how your service works.

Hey Mike, good to hear from you again. Services are going to our new house off of Dixie Farm between 45 and Beamer. Apparently Comcast may have exclusive rights to the neighborhood but we're waiting to hear back from AT&T about it. If you could do the install it sure would be sweet.

Kyle
Old 03-25-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Got U Verse installed, its great so far i think the HD channels picture is WAAY better than comcasts. The only downfall is I had my PS3 plugged into the back of my comcast box, and it wont work on the UVERSE box..

I plug it into the box, and hit TV/Video button, and nothing. KITT help me out
Old 03-25-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SHINER
Got U Verse installed, its great so far i think the HD channels picture is WAAY better than comcasts. The only downfall is I had my PS3 plugged into the back of my comcast box, and it wont work on the UVERSE box..

I plug it into the box, and hit TV/Video button, and nothing. KITT help me out
I am curious about this as well so I can hook up my son's Wii to the net.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Teching In

i had to get a tech out to do something to make my 360 work, not sure what but at first it wouldn't reconize it. i think they have to set it up for a pc as well as the tv in order for it to all work.

Quick Reply: Anyone know a AT&T technician, that can put my UVERSE in?