Anyone know a AT&T technician, that can put my UVERSE in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
Hey Mike, good to hear from you again. Services are going to our new house off of Dixie Farm between 45 and Beamer. Apparently Comcast may have exclusive rights to the neighborhood but we're waiting to hear back from AT&T about it. If you could do the install it sure would be sweet.

Kyle
Hey, just pm me your address and I can look it up. I can get you setup also, and get the job behind me. Can I pick up your referral? They give us credit for signing people up. Thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SHINER
Got U Verse installed, its great so far i think the HD channels picture is WAAY better than comcasts. The only downfall is I had my PS3 plugged into the back of my comcast box, and it wont work on the UVERSE box..

I plug it into the box, and hit TV/Video button, and nothing. KITT help me out
Are you trying to connect your PS3 to the modem or the back of the digital box. You can do either one, what you have to do is plug in the ethernet cord to the PS3/360/wii with the modem/digital box on and the game system on. Then turn on the game system and it should be able to find a new IP address
Old 03-26-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

I know I can get a internet signal, but im trying to get the A/V hooked up. I think the problem is the AT&T STB does not have any inputs other than a regular RF Coax Cable input(thats it...)

So I went and bought Phillips HDMI Splitter (50 bucks+Tax) and have one HDMI cable from the TV going to the "HDMI Out" port and the other two "HDMI IN" ports are occupied by the UVerse and the PS3 Which the splitter has Two Channels to switch from one or the other. I broke a 5 meter HDMI cable yesterday so I have to go get another one (F*ckin sucks, I was soo pissed)

Im waiting from the AT&T guy to come before I go out and buy another one, maybe he can hook me up with a free cable(he already gave us FREE RGB HD component cables for the master bedroom, which was cool)
Old 03-26-2009, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SHINER
I know I can get a internet signal, but im trying to get the A/V hooked up. I think the problem is the AT&T STB does not have any inputs other than a regular RF Coax Cable input(thats it...)

So I went and bought Phillips HDMI Splitter (50 bucks+Tax) and have one HDMI cable from the TV going to the "HDMI Out" port and the other two "HDMI IN" ports are occupied by the UVerse and the PS3 Which the splitter has Two Channels to switch from one or the other. I broke a 5 meter HDMI cable yesterday so I have to go get another one (F*ckin sucks, I was soo pissed)

Im waiting from the AT&T guy to come before I go out and buy another one, maybe he can hook me up with a free cable(he already gave us FREE RGB HD component cables for the master bedroom, which was cool)
When I signed up for Uverse the guy gave me an HDMI cable. However, the quality of the cable was terrible and in return made the picture bad. You're probably better off buying a new one. I would probably use the one he gives you for a while and order one online.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

True, but I cant really tell the diff between the HDMI and the RGB cables so the freebie will do
Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
9 Second Club

I work for att in a home office building we have here in Amarillo.The due dates really arnt very bad anymore unless your in Houston they are still over a month.From what I see the only problems is with the initial install after the customer gets installed and running no complaints.

Last edited by SuperZ; 03-26-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperZ
I work for att in a home office building we have here in Amarillo.The due dates really arnt very bad anymore unless your in Houston they are still over a month.From what I see the only problems is with the initial install after the customer gets installed and running no complaints.
Unless you have a shitty house... Yea the due dates in Houston are WAY out of hand. Cant wait to see these micro managing sobs out there installing sorry for the rant had a long day.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
UPDATE:

I called CS on Thursday and talked to someone that actually sounded like they knew what they were doing. She said they have new STB's and would upgrade them with the transfer of services. She also reduced the monthly rate on my services. Let's just hope everything she did takes this time unlike the other times where nothing changed even after calling half a dozen times.

Unfortunately, AT&T isn't even sure if they service our new neighborhood. I may have no choice but to get Comcrap. We'll see how it goes.
Well, here it is 12 days later and still no word from AT&T. Then I see they are going to go on strike for more pay and better bennies. Really lousy timing to go on strike. With people having a hard time making ends meet these people go on strike demanding more pay and bennies. Nothing wrong with that just really obnoxious timing. Since I haven't heard from AT&T and being pissed about this strike, again really horrible timing, I called Comcast to get my internet service established. Will be out Tuesday to do it. Sorry AT&T, 8 times to get it right and this is how I'm treated. Cya!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Got my uverse in. TV is just plain awesome. Love everything about it. Wireless router has a range of about 6ft. I need to call.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Staging Lane

Got mine also ,love it my router works very well in all of house .hd channels are awsome......

Quick Reply: Anyone know a AT&T technician, that can put my UVERSE in?