People that live in apartments with F-bodies...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the apartments HAD garages, I would get one in a heartbeat, and never worry again. But they don't. I've seen a few clean cut looking guys with Magnums here. I wanted to actually ask the tenants what they honestly thought about the apartment complex, and if they've seen or heard anything, but I thought that'd be kind of weird. I mean, I KNOW the employees will never tell you if there HAS been something bad.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jvlz28
x2

My old apartment had a garage. The way to go if available.
That's what I have Is covered parking a Texas(south) thing? Do you have to pay for it or is it a feature some apartments provide free of charge?
You either have a garage here or you don't, and there are more spots to park then cars so it works out with not having to try and park my truck next to anyone else. I have a little 2 only spot that I park right in the middle of... It's nice when you can always come home and not have to worry about where to park.

Is there just certain areas in Houston that have a theft problem? I am looking at moving and would like to avoid those areas if possible.
I can leave my truck unlocked with the gps in it and not have to worry about coming out in the morning to a missing gps or truck....am I in the minority?

Granted I live in the suburbs but anything can happen anywhere...
Old 03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NebWS6
That's what I have Is covered parking a Texas(south) thing? Do you have to pay for it or is it a feature some apartments provide free of charge?
You either have a garage here or you don't, and there are more spots to park then cars so it works out with not having to try and park my truck next to anyone else. I have a little 2 only spot that I park right in the middle of... It's nice when you can always come home and not have to worry about where to park.

Is there just certain areas in Houston that have a theft problem? I am looking at moving and would like to avoid those areas if possible.
I can leave my truck unlocked with the gps in it and not have to worry about coming out in the morning to a missing gps or truck....am I in the minority?

Granted I live in the suburbs but anything can happen anywhere...
Covered parking is $10 extra per month at my complex. I would NEVER leave your truck unlocked or your GPS in there ANYWHERE in Houston.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

don't live in that area but do live in apartment, been there for about 4 yrs now.

biggest trouble I have had is someone threw up next to my car.. LOL "KNOCK ON WOOD"

My tint is dark as hell and I park the TA in a covered sopt that has lights all around it. The V on the other hand is not covered parking but still has dark *** tint and is parked under street lamp.
My neighbors are cool as hell though, they see me working on both all the time and stop by when I am working to BS and compliment the rides..

had a issue a few weeks ago were a neighbor heard a crash. talked to him the next day and he said it sounded so close thought someone hit my TA, he ran out of bed and outside to find out a drunken retard had hit a really tall curb and was being arrested LOL

The TA is loud and I always reverse into the spot which happens to be the wall next to this guys bed room... I leave for work at 630am so my car was his alarm clock LOL he was actually late for work when I bought the V cause he didn't hear the car in the morning LOL

Suggetion is to make friends with your neighbors and they will watch out for you and your car
Old 03-27-2009, 02:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by frisky2101
don't live in that area but do live in apartment, been there for about 4 yrs now.

biggest trouble I have had is someone threw up next to my car.. LOL "KNOCK ON WOOD"

My tint is dark as hell and I park the TA in a covered sopt that has lights all around it. The V on the other hand is not covered parking but still has dark *** tint and is parked under street lamp.
My neighbors are cool as hell though, they see me working on both all the time and stop by when I am working to BS and compliment the rides..

had a issue a few weeks ago were a neighbor heard a crash. talked to him the next day and he said it sounded so close thought someone hit my TA, he ran out of bed and outside to find out a drunken retard had hit a really tall curb and was being arrested LOL

The TA is loud and I always reverse into the spot which happens to be the wall next to this guys bed room... I leave for work at 630am so my car was his alarm clock LOL he was actually late for work when I bought the V cause he didn't hear the car in the morning LOL

Suggetion is to make friends with your neighbors and they will watch out for you and your car
Probably the best advice so far. I had intended on doing that, but I was just worried about having my car messed with in the meantime.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Launching!

I live in an apartment around that area. Its got covered parking but the spaces are kinda small and cramped. I used to park next to this really fat chick with a truck that absolutely needed to have her door all the way open so she could get in, needless to say I have several door dings from her fat ***. Now I park somewhere else but just about every morning I come out and theres ******* cat paw prints all over the car.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

I lived in apartments for about 3 years and the second month into one of my apts. my car got broken in to and they stole my ******* screen. The alarm went off and the people that live in the apt. that are 5 feet from my car refused to say they saw or heard anything which is a complete lie. I would never ever move back into an apartment at all with the constant door dings, rude people, and break ins that happen. Good luck man you may get lucky who knows.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes people will mess with it, break into it, but it depends on the apt. In Irving Ive never had it broken into, first few days in a dallas apt my **** was gone. Watch over your car and dont flaunt what you have, just keep to yourself when in the parking lot.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike96z
Yes people will mess with it, break into it, but it depends on the apt. In Irving Ive never had it broken into, first few days in a dallas apt my **** was gone. Watch over your car and dont flaunt what you have, just keep to yourself when in the parking lot.
That is excactly right, do not flaunt anything you do not want to go missing. I was bumping a lot with my bad *** system and my screen and I know for sure someone saw me and said hell yeah I am gonna take that ****. A criminal will always go for things that are flaunted, like a car that come in with pipes acting stupid and making all types of noise. Just keep your car under the radar because I lived in a hellified luxury apt. complex when I got broken in to so it does not matter how nice it is.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by superfreakws6
That is excactly right, do not flaunt anything you do not want to go missing. I was bumping a lot with my bad *** system and my screen and I know for sure someone saw me and said hell yeah I am gonna take that ****. A criminal will always go for things that are flaunted, like a car that come in with pipes acting stupid and making all types of noise. Just keep your car under the radar because I lived in a hellified luxury apt. complex when I got broken in to so it does not matter how nice it is.
Yeah, which is why I took my system out. Like I stated earlier, I ALWAYS hide my head unit, GPS, and radar detector whenever I leave my car. I may have to drive around the complex in Neutral as much as possible I guess as to not attract attention. I'd rather sound quiet and keep my car than sound bad *** and possibly lose it.