People that live in apartments with F-bodies...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People that live in apartments with F-bodies...

Have you ever had a problem with someone messing with, vandalizing, or breaking into your car? I'm about to move into a complex in Webster, Tx called "The Falls at Clear Lake", formerly "The Waterford", and I'm paranoid about someone messing with my car. Bonus points for anyone who actually lives/lived in a complex nearby.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Here's the downlow on them from apartmentratings.com

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...Apartment.html
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Here's the downlow on them from apartmentratings.com

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...Apartment.html
Yeah, I looked at that. The only REALLY recent one was talking about cars being towed. Also, That may have been with their old management. New management can make a BIG difference.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Launching!

I lived at University Heights in San marcos, it wasnt too bad, but some of my buddies cars did get broken into when I lived there, I always had dark tint and a window shade up too though, and parked right outside my balcony. Try and get covered parking if you can
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by clean99
I lived at University Heights in San marcos, it wasnt too bad, but some of my buddies cars did get broken into when I lived there, I always had dark tint and a window shade up too though, and parked right outside my balcony. Try and get covered parking if you can
Yeah, my tint is average darkness, but I always hide my faceplate, GPS, and radar detector when I leave my car. When I looked around the complex, there were a LOT of ricers parked around there, so I'm worried one of them might just hate our cars and scratch it or something. Or heaven forbid, someone try and steal it.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how loud is it? because since imoved into my complex 4 months ago, its been towede once because some little prissy blonde haired bitch was complaining that it was too "loud" they refunded my money because they didnt properly investigate whos car it was. Other then that i hve noticed a few door dings tho if you car is loud, my guess is that you will hear it in time...one thing i do hate, which is irrellavent, is that ricers will drive through the whole ******* apt complex in first gear at like 4k which is loud as **** with a fart cannon, then ppl bitch when i start up my car... one day, when i leave, im doing a ******* burnout in the whole place when i leave, see who says its loud then
Old 03-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

I had both my camaro and my vette backed in to by the person across the parking lot. The camaro was hit hard and was a hit and run. The vette was tapped by the steriotypical asian bad driver. Then when i told him what he did he denied it. Also unless its assigned parking you may have to park way the fahq away
Old 03-27-2009, 12:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02ws666
how loud is it? because since imoved into my complex 4 months ago, its been towede once because some little prissy blonde haired bitch was complaining that it was too "loud" they refunded my money because they didnt properly investigate whos car it was. Other then that i hve noticed a few door dings tho if you car is loud, my guess is that you will hear it in time...one thing i do hate, which is irrellavent, is that ricers will drive through the whole ******* apt complex in first gear at like 4k which is loud as **** with a fart cannon, then ppl bitch when i start up my car... one day, when i leave, im doing a ******* burnout in the whole place when i leave, see who says its loud then
Ehh... It's definitely not quiet... But like you said, those ricers drive around at 4K. Also, I saw an LT1 Z28 and T/A next to each other. Maybe I will have some friends. Lol.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:21 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clean99
Try and get covered parking if you can
This helps alot if it's available to you...

So far I'm lucky at our complex.No problems (except I can't work on my car! ),it's gated and there are several "loud vehicles" (2 other LS1's, a Lightning and numerous Harley bikes) that live here.So,no problems with that..

Good luck on the new place!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MJK
This helps alot if it's available to you...

So far I'm lucky at our complex.No problems (except I can't work on my car! ),it's gated and there are several "loud vehicles" (2 other LS1's, a Lightning and numerous Harley bikes) that live here.So,no problems with that..

Good luck on the new place!
Thanks. I'm a little nervous about it. I looks nice and everything, but in this economy, you can't trust ANYBODY...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:32 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Thanks. I'm a little nervous about it. I looks nice and everything, but in this economy, you can't trust ANYBODY...
Very true...

I guess little things can help as to not attract attention to your car...If you have a cutout,try to have it capped most of the time during the week, don't show up or leave the complex blasting your system which lets people know you have something "worth trying to steal"....I guess that's about it.

Could buy a cool attack dog and keep him in the car at night...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MJK
Very true...

I guess little things can help as to not attract attention to your car...If you have a cutout,try to have it capped most of the time during the week, don't show up or leave the complex blasting your system which lets people know you have something "worth trying to steal"....I guess that's about it.

Could buy a cool attack dog and keep him in the car at night...
I remember seeing something online about some car security system over in England that shoots fire out the sides. Lol. Idk if it was a joke or not, but it sure sounds good right about now...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend, like stated before, ponying up for covered/reserved parking or a single-car garage if available. Nothing has been more infuriating or more aggitating than living in an apt. with a nice ride. I'm glad as **** to be finally out of there. High-rent apt's with low-rent tennants is TEH SUK!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I remember seeing something online about some car security system over in England that shoots fire out the sides. Lol. Idk if it was a joke or not, but it sure sounds good right about now...
LOL!

Yeah I saw that...it was a security company that designs systems for "important people". Everything from bullet proofing the whole vehicle and flame thrower defense thingies to some set up that would electricute anybody trying to gain access to the vehicle!

Real 007 kind of stuff... I'm sure with a few friends,a couple of blow torches and a few beers something could be rigged up. LOL!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

get a garage if you can
Old 03-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Fuel pump and ignition kill switches are your friend.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Launching!

when i lived in apartment i caughed up the extra cash for a single car garage it was worth it especially with a black car, my buddies car has to sit outside and the sun has taken it's toll on the paint plus it's always nice to keep it out of the rain and have somewhat of a place to work on it (single car garages are small). plus the *** hats can't get to it. my cars really loud and i had one of my neighbors threaten to detonate an EMP on my car lololol i just looked at him and said if you have an EMP in you apartment the cars the least of my worries..... and quicly let him know that if i ever caught anyone ******* with my car that i had a .45 right next to my bed and would not hesitate to lay someones *** out. plus the car was in the garage 99.9% of the time i did used to leave it out if i came home for lunch of something but never for more than like an hour. so i never really worried about someone messing with it but i used to live in greens point and if you have a nice car and no garage out there you may end up with no car...
Old 03-27-2009, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

iam lucky everyone around me at my apartments loves my car lol they all watch it but it depends who you live by... i live on 2nd floor so it sucks more because if my alarm goes off i have to run down staris everytime.... but now its all good i went and got a little camaera($50) and i can see my car from inside anytime now and record so if something ever did happen i will get it on tape!!! just try to park as close to your door as you can i know i could not sleep for the first week i moved to my apartments !! i miss my grage
Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by white man
get a garage if you can
x2

My old apartment had a garage. The way to go if available.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

This is the only time someone has messed with my car, happened back in septemberish. Didnt do anything besides put 2 extremely small, but deep scratches on the spoiler.

*the truck in the background has a bush on his hood too, and that other truck has a bush in the bed of his truck

Needless to say, I do worry about my car out there. Especially since its a college apartment.