New Pix Limo Tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 AM
WKF
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlrz28
Looks good, but good luck passing Inspection! Plus youll probably be pulled over anytime now....
What % tint is on the Z in your sig ?
That looks about where I wanna be .........
Old 04-05-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
Is your windshield tinted?

Also, if it is, what are you people doing about the inspection and registration stickers on the glass???
I knew of a guy that had 5% limo on the sides, double 5% limo on the back, and 10% on the windshield. for registration renewal and inspection time, the front tint came off for the new stickers. then it was back to whoever did it for a fresh 10% on the windshield. he did that once a year for every year he owned that car. it was mostly a show car, not daily driven, but it was driven to the various weekly meets and street raced. it was a black LT1 trans-am with chrome wheels. saying it looked bad-*** is an understatement.

Originally Posted by MJK
I took care of it before the court date so when I showed up,I told the judge that I was unaware it was out at the time and took care of it immediately..I respectfully asked if there was any way the ticket could be dismissed to which she replied...

"I'm glad you took care of it so quickly but,was the light out at the time of the ticket?"...I answered yes (obviously,or I wouldn't have had a ticket in the first place...),to which she said "Then the ticket still stands...have a nice day"

Maybe I just caught the wrong judge on the wrong day???
what you caught is a greedy municipality, lol. sounds almost as bad as jersey village cops and court system here in houston.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:24 AM
WKF
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28

what you caught is a greedy municipality, lol. sounds almost as bad as jersey village cops and court system here in houston.
It's all about the money these days ain't it ?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Originally Posted by WKF
What % tint is on the Z in your sig ?
That looks about where I wanna be .........
I just got as dark as I could legally, I believe 25 or 35 on the front and limo on the back
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 95 Likes on 75 Posts

Looks great.. Where did you get it done "If you don't mind"? How much?Need to redo mine soon!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imlooking
troopers are the worst dude. they would prolly write their own mothers a ticket.

over the last 5 years i have learned to roll down the windows at the first sign of a cop in the area. it works very well.
I might write my own mother a ticket, you never know, LOL. But seriously, we are the worst? Why because we see a violation of the law, stop someone for it and then sometimes write them a ticket?

What is funny about this thread is the amount of people that know their stuff is illegal, drive with it like that anyway, are completely shocked when they get stopped and then complain about having to pay the ticket.

I might not like every law that I have to enforce, but it is still the law and for me, too dark of window tint is a safety concern. By the way my tint is 26%.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 AM
WKF
Staging Lane

No--- women on cell phones , people knowingly parking in front of fire hydrants , ******** blowing down I-10 @ 95mph with a pizzacutter spare tire on one of the front wheels , ******** high school kids speeding through school zones & cocksmokers running red lights are a safety concern (JKing)

I know what you meant though bro ! I would not want to have to approach a mid 80's Caddy with 24" wheels & limo tint on it at night either ...............
Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WKF

I know what you meant though bro ! I would not want to have to approach a mid 80's Caddy with 24" wheels & limo tint on it at night either ...............
i laughed out loud at this one
Old 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WKF
Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
i laughed out loud at this one
LOL, I thought it was pretty funny too.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WstTexas
I might write my own mother a ticket, you never know, LOL. But seriously, we are the worst? Why because we see a violation of the law, stop someone for it and then sometimes write them a ticket?

What is funny about this thread is the amount of people that know their stuff is illegal, drive with it like that anyway, are completely shocked when they get stopped and then complain about having to pay the ticket.

I might not like every law that I have to enforce, but it is still the law and for me, too dark of window tint is a safety concern. By the way my tint is 26%.
yeah, i've known for years that 5% tint is illegal, but i do it anyways and take the chance. i just like my car to stay cool in the summer time, plus it just looks better.

but when i get stroked, i just pay my fine and call it a day.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

It looks good but we carry our tint meters with us, when we are on patrol. Tint and no front plate are usually the #1 reasons I pull people over. My 95 T/A has a front plate and when I get my side windows tinted, they will be at 25% (darkest legal tint on our driver and passenger side windows). My rear windshield is 5%!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02ws666
in the state of texas, you shouldnt of had to pay the fines if you took the tint off... it should be just like a headlight, if you get a ticket for a headlight being burnt out, all you have to do is fix it, and the ticket gets dismissed

at least i think tint would be the same...

but thx for the warnings compiments
sorry bro but you are wrong..i had the same tint..actually got pulled over twice in carrollton and FB... two $300 tickets is not fun... you better roll them down when next to a cop..cuz they will pull you over..so right now im rolling clear glass.. palnning to get a light tint for the summer..just be carefull man, but i dont think you will have it for long..i give it two months..
Old 04-06-2009, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

if you use the "rolling down" technique, you can dodge quite a few tickets.

tint, no front lp, no lp light are awesome PC's for a stop
Old 04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by imlooking
if you use the "rolling down" technique, you can dodge quite a few tickets.

tint, no front lp, no lp light are awesome PC's for a stop
QFT brutha..
Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

and if you wanna get picky, another good daytime PC is "obstructed view".

if they have crap hangin from the rear view mirror, they get stopped.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WstTexas

a lot of people trip because whats illegal and whats wrong are sometimes two different things. for me, as long as the tickets are handed out fairly, i'm cool. no more of this busting an f-body for like 3mph over the limit, and not do anything about the soccer mom going 10 over.

one funny thing though is that the laws can be changed. thats what we have state reps and senators for. if we are gonna bitch someone out, it should be them and not the cops, because like he said, the cops are just doing their job. people dont want front license plates? people ned to start hounding their reps to get the law changed. think a speed limit somewhere is ridiculously low, get your elected officials on it. bitching at or about cops is like bitching to the delivery driver that your pizza is burned. hell, he didnt make the pizza, he's just the poor bastard that has to deliver it. same with cops. they dont write the law, but they are the unlucky souls tasked with enforcing it.

as for me, i will keep paying no front plate tickets or move out of texas before i put a plate up there.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MEZA TA
Inspections aren't too bad.....after 2 tickets within the same week for illegal tint, I took mine off. the $298 fine a piece sucked. My tint ticket was more than my speeding ticket.

I used to have double limo on y Z. I got popped at a stop light by an Arlington Motorcycle cop. He put the reader on it and it read 3%. I played dumb and was like is that illegal. He got mad and said he could take my inspection sticker because they apparently didn't follow the state regulations when inspecting the car. If only they knew I got it from one of these guys: lol Needless to say after the smartass comment about the tint being illegal, I was issued following citations too the ballpark sum of $1000.00

No front plate
Illegal tint
No license
No insurance
Noise disturbance
and something else.

I had left my wallet and insurance at AMS Racing and ran an errand on lunch and came back. Needless to say it was a shitty lunch that day. I got the license and insurance dismissed but had to pay the rest. Glad I didn't get a fine for not having cats on the car that day though. I hear those are real expensive...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2K2 LS1
I used to have double limo on y Z. I got popped at a stop light by an Arlington Motorcycle cop. He put the reader on it and it read 3%. I played dumb and was like is that illegal. He got mad and said he could take my inspection sticker because they apparently didn't follow the state regulations when inspecting the car. If only they knew I got it from one of these guys: lol Needless to say after the smartass comment about the tint being illegal, I was issued following citations too the ballpark sum of $1000.00

No front plate
Illegal tint
No license
No insurance
Noise disturbance
and something else.

I had left my wallet and insurance at AMS Racing and ran an errand on lunch and came back. Needless to say it was a shitty lunch that day. I got the license and insurance dismissed but had to pay the rest. Glad I didn't get a fine for not having cats on the car that day though. I hear those are real expensive...
i guess if i get pulled over, ill just say ya i know, but i normaly dont drive at night. or some bs like that... maybe the cop pulling me over will be one of you guys!!!