New Pix Limo Tint

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pix Limo Tint

i got limo tint all the way aroudn on sat for my bday!!! pretty excited it looks amazing!! it is VERY hard to see at night tho. paid 180 for it. If ne one wants to know where, just PM me ill give you details. good thing i have hook ups on state inspection haha

(retarded gf and lil sister)

Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your gf in pic 4 resembles my ex.

(back to the tint) I like the look, but I hate dealing with inspection ****. Have fun with cops.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Inspections aren't too bad.....after 2 tickets within the same week for illegal tint, I took mine off. the $298 fine a piece sucked. My tint ticket was more than my speeding ticket.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

Car looks great, good choice on the tint. As long as you know someone that will inspect it while "looking the other way," then you shouldn't have any problems.

I had 5% all around on my Z28 and never had a cop stop me for it. I even had one sit next to me at a light, shine his side light on my car, then kept going after the light turned green. Add to that my car was loping pretty hard with cam/LT's/3" dumped duals and no cats.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MEZA TA
Inspections aren't too bad.....after 2 tickets within the same week for illegal tint, I took mine off. the $298 fine a piece sucked. My tint ticket was more than my speeding ticket.
in the state of texas, you shouldnt of had to pay the fines if you took the tint off... it should be just like a headlight, if you get a ticket for a headlight being burnt out, all you have to do is fix it, and the ticket gets dismissed

at least i think tint would be the same...

but thx for the warnings compiments
Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Launching!

I owed about $800 and walked out just paying a little over $250, The judge was the ****. The 5% will help out in this Texas Heat....the A/C will instantly cool. Looks good btw.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Morbid

I had 5% all around on my Z28 and never had a cop stop me for it. I even had one sit next to me at a light, shine his side light on my car, then kept going after the light turned green. Add to that my car was loping pretty hard with cam/LT's/3" dumped duals and no cats.
still no tickets. i got pulled over for no front plate last year and still had to turn the dome lights on to search around for my insurance even with both of the police car's spotlights on.

5% is a little much for the front windows though, i think 10$ on the front and 5 on the back would be perfect
Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

DPS around here are the ones to watch out for. The local and city police are a little more lenient it seems
Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Teching In

5% is perfect i had that on my firehawk too bad i just totaled it 3 weeks ago looking for another f-body
Old 04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is your windshield tinted?

Also, if it is, what are you people doing about the inspection and registration stickers on the glass???
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02ws666
in the state of texas, you shouldnt of had to pay the fines if you took the tint off... it should be just like a headlight, if you get a ticket for a headlight being burnt out, all you have to do is fix it, and the ticket gets dismissed

at least i think tint would be the same...

but thx for the warnings compiments
You know man,I use to think that also until I had a ticket for a plate light being out...

I took care of it before the court date so when I showed up,I told the judge that I was unaware it was out at the time and took care of it immediately..I respectfully asked if there was any way the ticket could be dismissed to which she replied...

"I'm glad you took care of it so quickly but,was the light out at the time of the ticket?"...I answered yes (obviously,or I wouldn't have had a ticket in the first place...),to which she said "Then the ticket still stands...have a nice day"

Maybe I just caught the wrong judge on the wrong day???

PS....TA looks great!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

nice looking car.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
Is your windshield tinted?

Also, if it is, what are you people doing about the inspection and registration stickers on the glass???
nah the windshield isnt tinted, it just looks so dam dark cuz the tint on the other windows makes the interior like night!

Originally Posted by MJK
You know man,I use to think that also until I had a ticket for a plate light being out...

I took care of it before the court date so when I showed up,I told the judge that I was unaware it was out at the time and took care of it immediately..I respectfully asked if there was any way the ticket could be dismissed to which she replied...

"I'm glad you took care of it so quickly but,was the light out at the time of the ticket?"...I answered yes (obviously,or I wouldn't have had a ticket in the first place...),to which she said "Then the ticket still stands...have a nice day"

Maybe I just caught the wrong judge on the wrong day???

PS....TA looks great!!!!
thx man

dam, that really sux, maybe it goes by county then.. cuz i just recently had my headlight out, got pulled over. i told the cop (thought being honest would help) that i knew it was out and was planning on going to the dealer soon to get it fixed....he wrote me a ticket... im like WTF? so i get it fixed and went to take care of the ticket. they court clerk asked me if it was fixed, and then a warden or soem dude walked out and checked to make sure it was fixed, and then i walked in paid 10$ and ticket was dismissed....

remind me to never drive through your area with malfunctioned parts haha
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texas94z
nice looking car.
thx!!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

remind me to never drive through your area with malfunctioned parts haha
No kidding man....

The worst was when I got pulled over in my old TA while in the DRIVE THRU!

Just ordering up a Whataburger and the next thing I hear is a woo woo of a PD siren as a unit pulls up next to me and tells me to pull to the side...I was like WTF???

And my friend couldn't stop cracking up at how insane this was!

As far as I understand,they can't give you a ticket on a private parking lot but,what the officer did was just put down the address of the drive thru so that it looked as if it was a normal stop...And no,the judge wasn't buying my reason for asking that the ticket be dismissed.

I never did put a plate back on the TA and I only have one on my SS because it was like that when I bought it so,eh...I just left it on.

Yes...stupid things happen to me.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

i got pulled over twice by troopers in my car. for some reason THEY BOTH had the light meter with them.

they put it on my driver side window and it showed 4% light.

i paid both tickets.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by imlooking
i got pulled over twice by troopers in my car. for some reason THEY BOTH had the light meter with them.

they put it on my driver side window and it showed 4% light.

i paid both tickets.
oh jeeze, i hope i dont ge tpulled over by a trooper pooper thne!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

oh jeeze, i hope i dont ge tpulled over by a trooper pooper thne!
troopers are the worst dude. they would prolly write their own mothers a ticket.

over the last 5 years i have learned to roll down the windows at the first sign of a cop in the area. it works very well.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Looks good, but good luck passing Inspection! Plus youll probably be pulled over anytime now....
Old 04-04-2009, 02:46 PM
01z
TECH Regular

looks good. i need to do mine, headlights in the mirrors at night suck