uggghhhh!! who turns drilled and slotted rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uggghhhh!! who turns drilled and slotted rotors?

tore my car all apart today to put front brakes on it. i get up to O'Rielly's and they can't turn my drilled and slotted rotors. so i had to buy some stock ones so i could get to work. anyone know who turns them?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I just use the cheap Ebay ones, it is not much me to buy another set and you have the thickness that is harder to warp. But in your situation of needing them right now, dont know what to say.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boostnificent
tore my car all apart today to put front brakes on it. i get up to O'Rielly's and they can't turn my drilled and slotted rotors. so i had to buy some stock ones so i could get to work. anyone know who turns them?
I know this is not what you wanna hear, but just get some new ones. I had some on my car and had them turned at my local O'Reillys (Louetta and Steubner) and mine were slotted only. Waste of money as it turns out they were warped and had to buy new ones a couple of months later, plus turning them made em' look like crap as the slots got very very shallow. Stick with the stock one's you bought or get a set of cross drilled/slotted from ws6store.com (sponsor on here) and they are $189 for the whole setup and the quality is really good, just put these on mine to replace the warped ones.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I’ve had my drilled/slotted rotors turned at oriellys before :shrug:
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

They don't like to turn those for fear of breaking the bits on the lathe. This is why I will have some solid (not slotted, not cross-drilled) two-piece rotors for track use.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 AM
01z
TECH Regular

haha their lathes suck, i wouldnt even call them a lathe. just go to a different orielly's. i can think of 4 within 15 miles of my house
Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

cool thanks for the input. mine are warped. that was the whole reason for the brake job. i guess i'll stick with these for now and get a new set of Strange when my turbo and new setup are finished.

Quick Reply: uggghhhh!! who turns drilled and slotted rotors?