San Marcos people..

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default San Marcos people..

Hey guys just want some input about floating the river in San Marcos memorial day weekend This will be my first time floating. Need some options, what to do, where to stay, rent a hotel or pitch a tent on the river?

Any info is appreciated.

- Matt
Old 04-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

River Road Icehouse is a kick-*** place and is right on the Guadalupe. The last time I floated on Memorial Day Weekend was in 2005 and it was like a bowl of cheerios. People were everywhere. Saw alot of "interesting" things and had an absolute blast.

My recommendation if you want to stay close to the river, BOOK NOW. Otherwise book elsewhere and drive to the river. My first time was with a bunch of friends and we took the 6 hour float, BIG MISTAKE. It took 9.5 hours. We were all exhausted, sunburned, and tired of being in the water.

Take lots of pictures and some you will have to PM me, .
Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

we need to get a car show/meet or somthin in san marcos. i know theres a lot of badass cars/lsx's up here and no offense but the wed. night car meet on campus seems prettty weak. not tryin to hijack your thread maybe there could be somthin memorial day wknd.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:57 AM
Launching!

Look up Texas Toobs, I float pretty often and we always go through them on the comal, River Raft Race is coming up on the 25th and if you plan on doing that book it now, but I think only the 2:00 float time is still avl. Best float of the year.

Make sure to check the river regulations on cooler size which is 16qts on some, and no jello shots (less than 5 oz.)

Gtslo88, is that your GTO with black wheels I see around campus, and yea that car meet on campus is week from when I used to go to it, havnt been this year at all though
Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like floating the comal. It's a couple hour float, and you get off very close to where you started.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Cool guys, thanks for the replies. We will be booking it today.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by clean99
Look up Texas Toobs, I float pretty often and we always go through them on the comal, River Raft Race is coming up on the 25th and if you plan on doing that book it now, but I think only the 2:00 float time is still avl. Best float of the year.

Make sure to check the river regulations on cooler size which is 16qts on some, and no jello shots (less than 5 oz.)

Gtslo88, is that your GTO with black wheels I see around campus, and yea that car meet on campus is week from when I used to go to it, havnt been this year at all though

Texas tubes is great. Floated with them almost every weekend last summer. Comal river is the only way to go.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ONEBAD383STROKER
Texas tubes is great. Floated with them almost every weekend last summer. Comal river is the only way to go.
Buy your own tube? Then you can park, float, and walk back to your car