So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009 | 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Damn. That's loud. Maybe I'm showing my age here, but that's just too loud of a street car for me.
If you lived next door to me and you were starting that thing up in the morning or at night when I was in bed, I'd be annoyed...especially if you revved it up.

Man, I kind of agree. You can make the power and not have all that noise. I personally cant stand dumped bullets. How annoying just driving around town. Reduce to 2.5", and go over the axle into a muffler that has alittle bit of core to it. hell even a magnaflow race muffler would help alot. Would help your QOL driving around as well.
Old 04-09-2009 | 11:14 PM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by frisky2101
I have never personally had a problem were I live, then again I live in an apartment..

I back my TA in to the covered parking everytime I park. (cammed GMMG CB eith E-Cutout) I have never had any complaints. Well one, where I park is right outside a guys bedroom. When I bought the V and started driving it daily instead of the TA he complained about having to set his alarm clock again. LOL was used to my car starting up at 625am to wake him up for the last yr or so LOL

I would first off check the regs in the HOA and if nothing in them invite all my friends with loud *** cars over for a weekend BBQ LOL
lol that's some funny ****
Old 04-09-2009 | 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Man, I kind of agree. You can make the power and not have all that noise. I personally cant stand dumped bullets. How annoying just driving around town. Reduce to 2.5", and go over the axle into a muffler that has alittle bit of core to it. hell even a magnaflow race muffler would help alot. Would help your QOL driving around as well.
Agreed 100%
Old 04-10-2009 | 03:24 AM
Launching!

dont change a thing and go about ur life
Old 04-10-2009 | 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 94LT1Bird
dont change a thing and go about ur life
This is what I don't understand about today's youth. Everyone thinks they can just go through life and do what they want regardless of how it affects the lives of others.

[rhetorical]
You are free to do what you want, but when your freedoms start stepping on mine, then prepare to get stepped on.
[/rhetorical]
Old 04-10-2009 | 09:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CySevans
This is what I don't understand about today's youth. Everyone thinks they can just go through life and do what they want regardless of how it affects the lives of others.

[rhetorical]
You are free to do what you want, but when your freedoms start stepping on mine, then prepare to get stepped on.
[/rhetorical]
I totally agree. Why is it that the majority of these posts say "**** her" or "just do your own thing". That's just straight-up wrong. You have an annoyingly loud car that is also illegal for the street. No cats and no tail pipes ain't legal. How would you like it if you're trying to sleep and some ******* has a NASCAR stocker in his garage and decides to tune at 4:00AM? I believe you'd be pissed, too. And don't say that you wouldn't be!!

But, what I find even more disturbing is that the neighbor tried to talk to you directly about it rather than calling the HOA or the cops. And, you're just going to be like "**** her"?!?! Nice neighbor you are......
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HOTRODKEV
Here's the kicker to this entire thread I COMPLETELY forgot to mention.....her husband has a, as she put it....hot rod, in the garage. It's a mustang, he tried starting it up last weekend and it sounded like an old farm tractor and wouldn't ever start up. Douchebag.
it all makes sense now... she hates his car hobby, and is afraid that he will become friends with you and you'll be playing with cars all the time.

if i was you, i'd try to buddy up with the husband... offer to help him work on his car. if you get him on your side, she wont be a threat anymore.
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Im not a home owner but my brother had a similar situation and my family as well back when we had a full fledged motocross track. First look into your citys laws on noise pollution, whats illegal and not, curfues for loud stuff, decibels level all that sort of stuff. In okc you would have already lost on a few of those: starting your car thats probly over 80dB after 9pm, basicly anything thats other than stock exhaust is illegal in damn near every town.

Check out your neighborhood guide lines and rules for ****. Try to find loop holes or you can play hard ball and find things that arent in their lil hood laws, then **** em off or use em against them. Like pull the muffler of your lawn mower and put a straight pipe on it so they all know when your mowinlol. Or if they have dogs and they bark at night get em on that, if they dont bark then try to make em bark. Form an alliance with other neighbors that may hate your enemies, get to know other neighbors. Or you could just man up and get a quiter exhaust set up.

And that lil boy that scared of your car.... is a puss cake and probly grow up to be a fruit cake or one of those creepy nerd geek spaz kids.
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:32 AM

I would rev everytime I drove by just to **** her off! and ask her to help come over and switch the exhaust out lol!

btw is she somewhat HOT?
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by turbol92
I would rev everytime I drove by just to **** her off! and ask her to help come over and switch the exhaust out lol!

btw is she somewhat HOT?

i was just about to ask the same thing lol
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:38 AM

I hate all the loud *** bikes but thats IMO.
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:39 AM

lol you never know alot of the best looking girls are hardcore bitches
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HOTRODKEV
On a side note, I am the youngest on the block and the only gear head.....two strikes against me when it comes to housewives that don't have a goddamn thing to do besides look for something else to bitch about.
I moved to quit neighborhood to and at first I was thinking I would have to same problem be so far no one has said anything . . it wouldn't matter to me anyway. But I have been waved to slow down I just kept going I was doing 25mph how much slower do you want me to go. I would ignore them and do your thing
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
Thats exactly what needs to happen. You need to do a burnout in front of her house exactly like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnfx3mjeWU&NR=1
I used to do those in my '69 all the time. It'd have been hard for me to not do one like that with the lady bitching like that.
Old 04-10-2009 | 10:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
I totally agree. Why is it that the majority of these posts say "**** her" or "just do your own thing". That's just straight-up wrong. You have an annoyingly loud car that is also illegal for the street. No cats and no tail pipes ain't legal. How would you like it if you're trying to sleep and some ******* has a NASCAR stocker in his garage and decides to tune at 4:00AM? I believe you'd be pissed, too. And don't say that you wouldn't be!!

But, what I find even more disturbing is that the neighbor tried to talk to you directly about it rather than calling the HOA or the cops. And, you're just going to be like "**** her"?!?! Nice neighbor you are......
I agree with you and Vince to an extent, but i also don't agree with the way she approached him. If it were ME, and she approached me with an attitude like that, i would be inclined to do a big *** burnout in her driveway on the spot as just a big **** YOU for being a major bitch. On the other hand, if she came to me in a civil tone, I would be more than happy to discuss it and see what we can work out. I just don't like people coming at me like they're better than me, or they think they can just make me do ****, or whatever. That pisses me off more than anything else in this world. Although the car is unreasonably loud and I do think it probably at least needs some mufflers on it, at least he is TRYING to be as courteous as possible by not driving through the neigborhood like some kind of major douchebag, and I don't think his behavior would warrant an attitude like that from anybody.
Old 04-10-2009 | 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
No, he is right. There is really not much the cops can do. Those ordinances are worth about as much as the ink from the pen that its written with. Trust me, I have been through this many times before. Hell, my neighbor is a freakin constable over precinct 1. When I have my cutout open in my driveway (see video below) he just gives me dirty looks. He knows he can't really do anything about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJTdwPsvss
Here in college station they will write you a $400 modified exhaust ticket, to the OP put a high flow cat on your car and call it done. Lots of good advice in here too.
Old 04-10-2009 | 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

i have alot of experence with this. Back when i lived in oregon at my moms house. My neighbors would call the cops any time i came home late, stating that i was driving like a bat out of hell, and i had a very steep driveway with a M6 didnt help. It got the the point the small town police were tired of coming to my house 3 times a week to bitch at me and my friends. To my suprise there had been a officer on my street watching me and my freinds and how fast we would drive, like i said small town not much to do. A officer came over and had arranged a meeting between me and my friends and my neighbors and was a moderater stating that there was nothing illegal on my car and i wasnt doing anything wrong. It ended up being more of a Q and A about cars and performance and they got a chance to meet me and my friends, and saw that we were nice and respectful (more than some of them, stated the cop.) and relized i could have been doing alot worse than i was and after that all was cool. I would see if a aproach like that would work for you but make sure your ducks are in a row first.
Old 04-10-2009 | 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA

i think you need to read the entire thread again. he never said just "**** her". alot of people have but i don't recall HOTRODKEV ever saying that. his whole reason for this thread was for advice on what he should do. actually just a few posts ago he said he was gonna put cats on it and try to make it quieter.

my nieghbors can do what ever they wanna do up until about 10 pm. as long as i can hear the TV, talk on the phone or anything else in the house i'm cool but, i ask for the same courtsey in return. when i buy a house i look around really closley. i look for clues as to what my nieghbors might be like. hell i have been known to go by and catch people outside and talk to them. alot of people will tell you the problems on the street and about the people that live there. just some advice for the future. it has worked for me. hell my last house myself and 2 other nieghbors would see who could leave the nastiest black marks down the street and my nieghbors that didn't have cars and were over 60 yrs old would laugh and cheer us on!! i miss that house.
Old 04-10-2009 | 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CySevans

[rhetorical]
[/rhetorical]

not all of the youth think that way *ahem*

he has just as much right to have his car modified the way he wants it, as she does to peace and quiet in the neighborhood.

So there has to be a compromise. I don't think it's right that you guys are asking him to spend more $$ into making his car quieter just to appease his neighbors. Does the OP have a "beater" car to drive instead of the ls1? Why not try to come and go and decent hours of the day/night, so to ease tensions?

The way she approached him wasn't right, either. If she had such a problem with it, why did she not cordially go to his house, introduce herself and her issue and ask if there was anything that they could work out to meet each other halfway?
Old 04-10-2009 | 02:38 PM
LS7 Member

I just said screw her for the way she approached him with foul language and an aggressive tone. She could have been polite and asked him to help the situation instead of threatening him....

Quick Reply: So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...