So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...

So I purchased my first home back in December and have loved it since. Quiet neighborhood, nice people......until last night.

I crank up the car back out of the driveway and proceed down the street (10 pm) when I see my neighbor who I have yet to meet walking down her driveway in a robe waving at me. She says, "can you do me a favor?". My first thought, o great.....She asked me to turn off my car and begins to tell me how much her and the neighbors hate my loud car, how the little boy next door has to sleep with his mom because he is scared of my car, and that they are just ready for me to "leave". She also says that they are considering called the HOA and the police.

So of course my blood is boiling and I would love to do a fat smokey burnout in her driveway. But the entire conversation I kept my cool and never ever raised my voice. EVEN when she cussed at me when telling me that my car does not have a muffler. (it does).

My car - MS4, longtubes, ORY through a 12" bullet with a dump.

What should I do guys???

Have 1 or 2 neighbors that hate me? Risk being messed with by the cops? Or just say screw it and keep on keeping on.

Please only give me your insite if your a homeowner.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

I would dick slap her. Tell her to STFU and mind her own. Its not illegal to have a loud car, so f*ck her. If she cussed me out i would of started my car up and revved it so I wouldnt hear her annoying *** voice. That is all.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My neighbor gives me a hard time too, but he is just messing with me. Says that I wake him up at 4 am when I first fire it up, if its cold and i let it idle his house vibrates! **** her, let her call the cops, be responsible and dont beat the **** out of the car going down the street, and idle it out of the neighborhood in the mornings and night.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Just keep on doing what your doing. In your HOA paperwork there is no stipulation about having a loud car. It usually referes to boats parked in the driveway and stuff like that. Both of my cars are extremly loud and I do have one neighbor that doesn't like them but as far as I'm concerned she can kiss my ***.

There is no statuate or law that says you cant buy a house in a neighborhood just because you have a loud vehicle.

Keep up the good fight!

Just keep your head about you when coming and going from the house.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

It's all up to you, but I know how loud the bullet exhaust is with your mods. I would try and compromise since you own the house, not rent. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Politely tell her that you are unable to afford a $800 catback at this time, but if she is willing to foot the bill you would be more than happy to get one...

And then put an elec. cut-out on it and open it every time you drive by her house.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

keep on keeping on!

Just keep your cool and dont rev it up till outside the neighborhood and they shouldnt have anything to complain about.

If you have any guns maybe you should start cleaning them on the front porch, thats always a good one
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

i say talk to the other neighbors and see if it really bothers them or if shes just a biatch..and invite the kid over to meet the evil car..so he can grow up to have one just like it
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Try to come and go at decent hours and try to be as quiet as you possibly can. Even the loudest of street cars can be babied through a neighborhod to cut down on sound.

How do you drive in the neighborhood? How loud is your car? Ever thought about going with a quieter exhaust setup? I'm not saying you are one of these guys, but neighborhood gearheads with loud *** cars can be severely annoying.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Well, I am very respectful in my neighborhood. I never try and draw attention to myself....well except for the car being loud. I am just trying to look at it from their perspective as well and not just be a ******** about it but at the same time not let some lady I don't even know tell ME how to mod MY car.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Teching In

get the lady and her son to go for a ride in your car and show em what its like to get shitty and maybe they will appreciate your car a little bit more.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Launching!

don't get drunk and think about it lol. a burn out will happen....
Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

lol...the drunk part
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Just keep driving the car and have them deal with it. Keep it as low in the RPM range in and out of the neighborhood as you can. The kid having to sleep with his mom is a ******* joke.

I would think about putting a cat on it and then ask her why you should have to sell your car. It clearly passes all texas emissions laws and safety rules for the state of Texas so she can deal with it. Plus you don't have to worry about if you get pulled over by a cop getting a no cat/illegal exhaust ticket.

I have neighbors that don't like me and they can kiss my white hairy ***, I don't bother them, don't rev my motor to 7k at 4 am or anything but if I let the car idle a few minutes outside in the morning I get some evil stares but **** em. My yard is manicured, I keep to myself, if they make noise I never call the police etc. Keep to yourself and keep on doing what you are doing, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Find something about that ****'s house that bothers you, weeds in the cracks of the driveway etc and write her a letter that her house is bringing down your property value and that you will write the HOA. And that your car that you (hopefully) keep in the garage does nothing to detract from home values etc.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if it's your DD I'd be looking into catback of some sort to replace the bullet.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Just go about your business. Maybe she is the only person that hates it and shes just making stuff up to get her way. If thats the case and she was less than nice to you be happy every day you get to start it up and it irritates her. At any rate if it makes you happy, dont worry about it until you have to change it. Had she asked nicely or another neighbor brings it up then do the right thing.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

definitely have cats installed. if the b**** does call the police you might want the car to actually be legal..
Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Twisters instead of bullets will quiet it down on the cheap.

Honestly, I'd talk to some of your immediate neighbors to see how they feel. Chances are your neghbors are ok and she is the local know it all bitch that wants everything her way. She is the kangaroo in Horton Hears A Who.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Teching In

I say keep doing your thing, thats what i do.......
Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your car is legal and there are no HOA restrictions you agreed to when you signed the paperwork, I don't see how the crazy lady can say much.

That's not to say that an HOA won't pass a convenant change in "your honor".

If you are couteous and calm about it, doing everything you can do to keep the "noise" as low as possible, then you can probably go to bed with a clear conscience.

However, in cases like this, its better to be proactive than reactive. The idea of asking your neighbors if its a real problem is a good one. Best to gauge feelings from your own data as opposed to that of a half-naked, ranting crazed woman.

Having a good relationship with neighbors is good thing. They will watch out for your stuff while you are away and even do favors for each other, like accepting UPS packages or watering the dog in the back yard while you are gone for the weekend.

And for the record, I've been both ... a good neighbor to the family across the street and a really really bad one to the couple next door. The folks across the street are good people and the crazy bitch next door is a drama queen.

Quick Reply: So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...