So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't listen to the sound clip but if it's actually that loud do yourself a favor and put cats on it and maybe save your hearing, down the road you'll need it. I'm 51 and almost deaf from working on aircraft for to many years, it sucks.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Launching!

I'm sorry what?? Nahh just joking man, occasionally my ears ring if I drive for too long. So yeah, I understand what your saying.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:07 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's so much fun to sit back and say "**** THAT BITCH". But imagine if you had neighbors with 30 roosters or something in their backyard. Wouldn't you be pretty pissed? I think you should have some consideration. Electric cutout and a real catback. Better for you and for them. I know how annoying it is to drive a loud *** fawking car (dumped duals on mine at one time), and it gets old as **** after a while lol.

Now, if you rarely drive the car, and don't come and go at 3am, I wouldn't be too concerned. If this is a DD, I would definitely try to make it better. That setup sounds loud as hell though.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Damn. That's loud. Maybe I'm showing my age here, but that's just too loud of a street car for me.
If you lived next door to me and you were starting that thing up in the morning or at night when I was in bed, I'd be annoyed...especially if you revved it up.
How old are you? I'm 33 and that sounds like a midget trapped in an oil drum, trying to escape with a ball-peen hammer. No thanks.

OP: Try talking to your neighbor during daylight hours, and discuss it as adults. You handled yourself well the first time around, so if you continue to be cordial, you can probably resolve this without it getting stupid.

-Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mitchntx
If your car is legal and there are no HOA restrictions you agreed to when you signed the paperwork, I don't see how the crazy lady can say much.

That's not to say that an HOA won't pass a convenant change in "your honor".

If you are couteous and calm about it, doing everything you can do to keep the "noise" as low as possible, then you can probably go to bed with a clear conscience.

However, in cases like this, its better to be proactive than reactive. The idea of asking your neighbors if its a real problem is a good one. Best to gauge feelings from your own data as opposed to that of a half-naked, ranting crazed woman.

Having a good relationship with neighbors is good thing. They will watch out for your stuff while you are away and even do favors for each other, like accepting UPS packages or watering the dog in the back yard while you are gone for the weekend.

And for the record, I've been both ... a good neighbor to the family across the street and a really really bad one to the couple next door. The folks across the street are good people and the crazy bitch next door is a drama queen.

BTW - I am on my HOA board in my neighborhood and I can tell you that in most cases the HOA cannot pass a Covenant unless they have 2/3 approval from the entire neighborhood residents. That being said it is VERY VERY HIGHLY unlikely that an rules would be passed in any time less than a year. However, make sure that you put a cat on it as the police can give you a ticket for illegal exhaust and even impound your car if they want to. Cover your bases since you have the threat of police hanging over your head from her.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
How old are you? I'm 33 and that sounds like a midget trapped in an oil drum, trying to escape with a ball-peen hammer. No thanks.

OP: Try talking to your neighbor during daylight hours, and discuss it as adults. You handled yourself well the first time around, so if you continue to be cordial, you can probably resolve this without it getting stupid.

-Mike
31 here.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Launching!

I had the same issue with my neighbor. She was like 8-9 month prego he wasn't bothered by it but she was he came over talked to my roommate and myself on a few different occasions. He had a built H/C TA true dual dumps I had cammed TA you get the idea. We were/would be as curtious as possible start them up let them warm up at idle for as long as needed and rolled out quietly, I live on a hill so its easy to coast out the neighborhood. I basically told them sorry I will try my best to keep as quite as possible but I cant do anything more about it..they eventually got over it I sold the TA the Vette is a little bit quieter and its all good...end result is they eventually get over it and accept it a long as your not as *** about it..if not you have a right to live there just like they do and your not breaking any laws or rules
Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

If she was nice about it I would probably work something out.

Since she wasn't nice I would romp it it everytime I went by her house. Bonus point for a rolling burnout.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

lol i wonder wat Take 2's neihbors think about him !!!!!?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Launching!

How about i bring over a 12pk and we can play fast and furious in your neighborhood.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
It's so much fun to sit back and say "**** THAT BITCH". But imagine if you had neighbors with 30 roosters or something in their backyard. Wouldn't you be pretty pissed? I think you should have some consideration. Electric cutout and a real catback. Better for you and for them. I know how annoying it is to drive a loud *** fawking car (dumped duals on mine at one time), and it gets old as **** after a while lol.

Now, if you rarely drive the car, and don't come and go at 3am, I wouldn't be too concerned. If this is a DD, I would definitely try to make it better. That setup sounds loud as hell though.
That's funny. The reason I didn't mind revving up my truck so much at the shop was because the neighbor had a million roosters.
The other neighbors blared the tejano music, so I didn't worry about the radio either. BUT I didn't do anything to make it louder on PURPOSE... just didn't exactly avoid it when working on the truck.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Yea keep on keeping on....If you woke up at 4am and rode around the neighborhood a few times they (she) would quit bitchen and just be glad that your car was loud and not loud at 4am...lol.

I lived in a neighbor hood that somebody always called the cops on me when I ran my race car around the block and it sucked, but that car was open headers and not street legal.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

She is the kangaroo in Horton Hears A Who.[/QUOTE]

Now this was funny! But seriously I would talk with your other neighbors to get a feel for their views and get familiar with the noise laws in your area. For example, noise regulations usually go into effect around 10:30pm - 7:00am; this is what keeps someone from mowing their yard at 11 pm. And like everyone else has suggested, keep it low in the rpm range when coming and going so it's not too loud.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Video does make it sounds pretty loud... Do you really want it to sound like that? Personally, I like the elec-cutout where I only opened it up when trying to make some noise. I actually got a single outlet muffler to keep it quiet when idling normally. Unless you are at the strip every week Id consider getting a slightly better muffler, just my opinion
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HOTRODKEV
Well my city is considered Tomball......I am thinking I am going to at least put high flow cats so I appear legal and a quieter muffler......idk yet....I just hate that it was allllllll good until this bitch came out and opened the can of worms
No doubt. But Tomball I'm sure has something similar. You can call the non-emergency police line and ask.

And I can't really fault her because I can be just as vocal when something pisses me off. Many folks may have been thinking the same thing, but she was probably the only one with nads big enough to confront you. I feel sorry for her husband.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jvlz28
That's a Houston Noise Ordinance not a State issued one. The neighborhood isn't in Houston
All counties, cities and towns have them. How much money are you willing to lose on a bet?

BZZZZZZT! You lose!!

http://www.ci.tomball.tx.us/pdf-docs...9-01_Noise.pdf

Sec. 30-182. General prohibition.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person makes, continues, or causes to be made or
continued any loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that annoys, disturbs, injures or endangers the
comfort, repose,
health, peace or safety of others.
In determining whether a noise is loud,
unnecessary or unusual, the following factors shall be considered: time of day; proximity to
residential structures; whether the noise is recurrent or constant; the volume and intensity of the
noise; whether the noise has been enhanced in volume or range by any type of electronic or
mechanical means; and whether the noise is subject to being controlled without unreasonable
effort or expense to the creator thereof.

(b) A person commits an offense if he makes, assists in making, permits, continues, causes to be
made or continued, or permits the continuance of any sound that either exceeds the maximum
permitted sound levels specified in Section 30-186 of this Code or, for purposes of Section 30-
183, 30-184 and 30-185 of this Code, otherwise unreasonably disturbs, injures, or endangers the
comfort, repose, health, peace, or safety of others.

(c) The acts enumerated in the following sections of this article, among others, are declared to be
loud, disturbing and unnecessary noises in violation of this article, but such enumeration shall
not be deemed to be exclusive.

Sec. 30-183. Noisy vehicles generally.
The use of any motor vehicle so out of repair, so loaded, or so noisy that it creates loud and
unreasonable grating, grinding, rattling or any other loud and unreasonable sound is hereby
prohibited and declared to be unlawful

Last edited by CySevans; 04-08-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

push it out of the neighborhood, then start it up...

just joking

"F*** that B****" (after you install cats for police reasons lol)
Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
LS7 Member

Sounds like a huge bitch if she was cussing at a stranger / her neighbor. Throw it in 4th through the neighborhood and don't rev it. If she bitches again tell her to stfu...
Old 04-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Teching In

The HOA can not do anything. The cops may come out but its not like you sitting in the drive way tuning on it or doing shake down passes down your street. There is nothing they can do. I used to live in an appartment my next door neighbor was a cop who worked night shift. For like two weeks he would come out with his badge and gun and tell me that I disturb his sleep and I need to get my exhaust fixed to make it quiter. I told him I spent $300 on the exhaust and $5000 on the motor to make it sound like that and there is nothing illegal about it. (Its was a small block .561 solid and exhaust dumped) It was during winter and I would let it run for about 15 mins to warm up. But point is he could do nothing but bich and he was a cop.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

I'd just buy a $1,000 s10 DD. That's what I drive and none of my neighbors have a problem with my L/Ts w/ bullets dumped on days I do drive the SS. If you're wanting to put high flow cats on, I have two SLP ones off my old exhaust setup. Just throw me some shipping $$ and they're yours.

Quick Reply: So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...