So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98FreakZ
Just keep on doing what your doing. In your HOA paperwork there is no stipulation about having a loud car. It usually referes to boats parked in the driveway and stuff like that. Both of my cars are extremly loud and I do have one neighbor that doesn't like them but as far as I'm concerned she can kiss my ***.

There is no statuate or law that says you cant buy a house in a neighborhood just because you have a loud vehicle.

Keep up the good fight!

Just keep your head about you when coming and going from the house.
what he sad
Old 04-08-2009, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

I say its your house... Its your right to have a loud car. If the home association says no, then you are going to have to think about what to do,

but IMO, its your house, you have the right to drive in your neighborhood..

Next time she says anything, let her know that you are waiting for her to move so you dont have to wonder if she is bothered by your car....
Also tell her to start worrying about her own ****, and not what other people are doing.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Teching In

i say run open headers
Old 04-08-2009, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

you would be surprised to find out what the other neighbors may say when confronted about their opinion. plus it could just throw them off, when asked, and they could be very civil about it..
I live on a street where all the neighbors know each other, and I am the gear head on the street with the loud vehicles..
they have said their piece about it, I changed my driving habits, We all get along.. there is the every once in a while comment about "I heard you start the car up the other morning", but nothing ugly..
They know that if they ever need anything from me, I will be there to help out..
I have helped out quite a few of them with their vehicles, and saved them some money, as I don't charge any of them to work on their cars...
this allows them to reconsider their griping..
of course...
out of the 20 houses on our block, at least half of us play in a band, or play some sort of instrument Guitar/Bass/Drums ETC..... it gets interesting in the evening sometimes lol..
Be cool about it, and talk with the other neighbors, they may come to realize how crazy the other lady is..
Old 04-08-2009, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Here is the car in question haha..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nzr_iwf31g
Old 04-08-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn son, what neighborhood are you living in? I personally would try to be civil about it. Quiet it down a bit since you have to live there. There are no laws against a loud car so you technically have no responsibility to change anything but it may make for a friendlier environment with your neighbors.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM
14 Second Truck Club

This happend to me once when i had my truck but my neighborhoors did'nt bother saying anything to me and just called the cops. A cop came to the house and asked me to turn the truck on. At the time i had my cutout open and the cop told me to close it and keep it down at night. I was a little worried b/c i did'nt have cats either but he never asked or looked. You might want to put some cats on so you know for sure you will be just fine if a cop stops by.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can sorta understand how the lady feels... my neighbor has a full size dog that they leave outside, and the thing wakes me up in the middle of the night all the time. the only reason i havent called the cops or said something to them yet, is because i dont want them to retaliate and bitch about me working on my car late at night or something. my car is not even a fraction as loud as yours though

even if your bullet muffer is 'legal', that doesnt mean they cant get you for disturbing the peace if you car is loud enough to wake their kid every time you come home late. the last thing you want is for the police scouting out at the end of your street to start checking your car for cats or whatnot. i'd seriously consider getting a real muffler and a cutout if you think this lady is going to be a PITA.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just keep doing what you have been doing. Don't let what she said to you get to you. Just laugh it off and know what she said was her words. And not exactly what all the neighbors think. Just do you best at not disturbing people on purpose. We have loud **** and some people just don't get it or our hobby so just let them be and hopefully they will do the same. She is a stuck up bitch that thinks the world revolves around her life, unaware that not all people conform to certain stero types.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

stop being a bitch and man up....

on a side note: i sit on the HOA as vice prez, and i can tell you, if she has anything to tell you again, tell her that your exhaust is not illegal, especially since you live in a no emissions county.

Also inform her that the HOA will not be able to do a damn thing about the situation since your are not violating any rules. If the cops get called, they can not ticket you, so there is no problem there.

The only problem: if you plan to live there for any period of time, come to a compromise of sorts. alot of good ideas have been put forth in this thread, guchberry, so take some advice and put on a muffler with e-cutouts....

Bitch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol...ol_Stool_Chart

Last edited by AGRV8D; 04-08-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by REV_IT_UP
I say keep doing your thing, thats what i do.......
Note the screen name

Personally, I'd try to keep it quiet... but not sure I'd be going over the top spending money to make it quiet. My truck is pretty loud, and I make it a point to not sit at a steady RPM through neighborhoods, or back into the driveway. I also will let it idle as I roll out of the neighborhood, instead of letting it sit there and warm up. Though, that may **** off as many people as appreciate it.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Tell everyone you know with a Harley to come over.
Then she'll stop bitching.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavlock Performance

Damn. That's loud. Maybe I'm showing my age here, but that's just too loud of a street car for me.
If you lived next door to me and you were starting that thing up in the morning or at night when I was in bed, I'd be annoyed...especially if you revved it up.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pavlock Performance

holy crap, yea I'd be a bit annoyed also after a month of that. muffler and cutout's sound like a really good idea.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
don't get drunk and think about it lol. a burn out will happen....
Thats exactly what needs to happen. You need to do a burnout in front of her house exactly like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnfx3mjeWU&NR=1
Old 04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by posz28
I would dick slap her. Tell her to STFU and mind her own. Its not illegal to have a loud car, so f*ck her. If she cussed me out i would of started my car up and revved it so I wouldnt hear her annoying *** voice. That is all.
There's a noise ordinance: http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/houston.htm. And absolutely that car is not street legal.

I would not press this matter much because if push came to shove, she would win. Sad, but true. If the cops got involved and inspected your car, whoever issued your inspection sticker would also be in trouble.

1) Residential property:

a. Sixty-five (65) dB(A) during daytime hours.

b. Fifty-eight (58) dB(A) during nighttime hours.

I guarantee you are exceeding both daytime and nighttime decible levels with that setup. I should know. I had that exact setup on my Trans Am (except over the axle). I added cats afterwards to quiet it down some.

I love the NPP exhaust on the new Vettes. I just close the baffles when rolling into the neighborhood. Problem solved.

And pissing off your neighbors is not a good idea. If your house ever got robbed or caught on fire, how quick would they be to report it or offer any assistance to you or to the police about it?

Last edited by CySevans; 04-08-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Ehhhhh Pavlock posted an old video.....that was when the car was OPEN exhaust. So yeah, it was considerably louder in that video.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Well my city is considered Tomball......I am thinking I am going to at least put high flow cats so I appear legal and a quieter muffler......idk yet....I just hate that it was allllllll good until this bitch came out and opened the can of worms
Old 04-08-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man this same **** happened to me. Lady behind me would call the cops consistently on me. They would show up, say where's the loud car? I'd tell them its in the garage. Nothing they could do. Sometimes they would say they have reports of a "party' going on (the party was in my ****** garage and we were tootin air-tools).

After the cops would leave, we would take the airhorn, go outside into the backyard, and blast it right at her house over and over again. "Take that bitch, could have asked me nicely about it instead of calling the cops everytime"

Eventually, I guess I drove her to insanity because she moved.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CySevans
There's a noise ordinance: http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/houston.htm. And absolutely that car is not street legal.

I would not press this matter much because if push came to shove, she would win. Sad, but true. If the cops got involved and inspected your car, whoever issued your inspection sticker would also be in trouble.

1) Residential property:

a. Sixty-five (65) dB(A) during daytime hours.

b. Fifty-eight (58) dB(A) during nighttime hours.

I guarantee you are exceeding both daytime and nighttime decible levels with that setup. I should know. I had that exact setup on my Trans Am (except over the axle). I added cats afterwards to quiet it down some.

I love the NPP exhaust on the new Vettes. I just close the baffles when rolling into the neighborhood. Problem solved.

And pissing off your neighbors is not a good idea. If your house ever got robbed or caught on fire, how quick would they be to report it or offer any assistance to you or to the police about it?
That's a Houston Noise Ordinance not a State issued one. The neighborhood isn't in Houston

Quick Reply: So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...