Tha Kemah hangout??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010 | 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is it still there, with winter still here? i dont mind driving in the cold i would go but theres no point if no one is there...
Old 02-02-2010 | 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

they also do one over at the home depo at 518 in pearland on friday nights !! but latly not enough cars cuz the stupid weather! but then after that i head over to tea works on fridays or saturday night (import and muscle) on the side of beltway 8 by the AMC30 !
Old 02-02-2010 | 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 92-T5
they also do one over at the home depo at 518 in pearland on friday nights !! but latly not enough cars cuz the stupid weather! but then after that i head over to tea works on fridays or saturday night (import and muscle) on the side of beltway 8 by the AMC30 !
yeah i go to the one in pearland and during the summer it was really starting to get BIG... not old kemah big but pretty decent... i like going to tea works but hate it at the same time... i feel like there are too many ghetto people that and they're going to start some ****... iunno just like to stay away from those type's of people... but some nice domestics go there when they are hungry for some rice!
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The people that are at the Tea Works meets that come to the Kemah meets created all the problems with the Kemah meet in the first place.

These are the guys with bumping hydraulics, blasting bass, revving their cars, doing burnouts, hauling *** out of the parking lot etc.

They are like a virus that wont go away, and don't realise that nobody wants them at the Kemah car meets. If they want to show off at Tea Works, thats great, I could care less, but doing it at Kemah sucks. The Kemah car meet was created by some older guys, that wanted to hang out and enjoy themselves. It was made for a mature crowd. I am not "old" by any means, but I don't run in their trying to show off either.

Basically what I am saying is I hate Tea Works meets, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I go there every few months if I have nothing better to do, but usually leave within 30 minutes of getting there because that is all I can handle.
Old 02-02-2010 | 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

same thing happened with hooters, faggets with impalas flooring it around the parking lot with they're bass up trying to be cool and pull women and look like a badass. Car scene is going in the **** hole around here. I hope to attend cars and coffee for the first time on saturday if the weather permits so we'll see how that goes.
Old 02-02-2010 | 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whatsa347
same thing happened with hooters, faggets with impalas flooring it around the parking lot with they're bass up trying to be cool and pull women and look like a badass. Car scene is going in the **** hole around here. I hope to attend cars and coffee for the first time on saturday if the weather permits so we'll see how that goes.
I don't know how long you have been around the "scene" but there have been people like that around forever. Kemah was originally moved to Hooters because of those guys, and now moved back to Kemah also because of those guys.
Old 02-02-2010 | 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I don't know how long you have been around the "scene" but there have been people like that around forever. Kemah was originally moved to Hooters because of those guys, and now moved back to Kemah also because of those guys.
I don't think its moved anywhere, for the past couple of months even on the sunny saturdays no one has been at kemah every time i've gone, maybe it's just a summer thing? please correct me if I'm wrong i'd really like something to do thats car related on the weekends before the night starts.
Old 02-02-2010 | 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I don't think its moved anywhere, for the past couple of months even on the sunny saturdays no one has been at kemah every time i've gone, maybe it's just a summer thing? please correct me if I'm wrong i'd really like something to do thats car related on the weekends before the night starts.
It hasn't moved anywhere. Its on pause right now. I was just saying how it moved in the past. I don't mean to confuse you.

People quit going to Kemah until March or April no matter how well the weather is. It's like that every year. It usually takes about 2 or 3 weekends for it to get going big, but it gets big in a hurry.

I kind of like it this way. I get burned out on the Kemah meet. The winter break from it makes it alot more fun come spring/summer.
Old 02-02-2010 | 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juicy J
It hasn't moved anywhere. Its on pause right now. I was just saying how it moved in the past. I don't mean to confuse you.

People quit going to Kemah until March or April no matter how well the weather is. It's like that every year. It usually takes about 2 or 3 weekends for it to get going big, but it gets big in a hurry.

I kind of like it this way. I get burned out on the Kemah meet. The winter break from it makes it alot more fun come spring/summer.
yeah the older guys dont like the cold weather due to either they hate the cold or their cars dont have a heater and thing like that, plus it's usually bad weather... and yes i cant wait until spring ahhhh it'll be like a breath of fresh air cruisin down to kemah n just walkin around and sittin, maybe runnin into some fellow ls1 tech'ers... damnt! i want to cruise now
Old 02-02-2010 | 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
yeah the older guys dont like the cold weather due to either they hate the cold or their cars dont have a heater and thing like that, plus it's usually bad weather... and yes i cant wait until spring ahhhh it'll be like a breath of fresh air cruisin down to kemah n just walkin around and sittin, maybe runnin into some fellow ls1 tech'ers... damnt! i want to cruise now
i think i seen yuou at the home depo on 518 like three weeks ago ??? i was drivin the white with black stripes 92 camaro !?? an yea i really dont go to teaworks unless i have nothin else to do an since i live down sagemont ! saturdays is mostly ls1 guys
Old 02-02-2010 | 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think i seen yuou at the home depo on 518 like three weeks ago ??? i was drivin the white with black stripes 92 camaro !?? an yea i really dont go to teaworks unless i have nothin else to do an since i live down sagemont ! saturdays is mostly ls1 guys
no i dont think that was me... i have not takin my car there since prob before thanksgiving... my car was down for a while because i was makin some exhaust changes... but now it's up and running better than ever, but no nice weekends to drive it... ... if it was another 35th LE with the LE grill i saw that guy up there last time i was there, he's cammin?
Old 02-03-2010 | 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

not sure if he was cuz he still stay longer there ! so never got to hear em , forgot what kinda wheels they were but its a young dude like middle 20s
Old 02-03-2010 | 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I seen that same red car down that rode about 2 weeks ago .. it was loud as hell and yes had a cam ... looks like this Saturday might be a good week end , anyone down? I want to finally take out my car I been having it for about 3 months and haven't been able to drive it cause stupid plates lol .. Let's GO!
Old 02-03-2010 | 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by red281gt
I seen that same red car down that rode about 2 weeks ago .. it was loud as hell and yes had a cam ... looks like this Saturday might be a good week end , anyone down? I want to finally take out my car I been having it for about 3 months and haven't been able to drive it cause stupid plates lol .. Let's GO!
im down .. where at? i stay near dixie farm rd and pearland 518 bout 5 min away
Old 02-03-2010 | 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

I would go but I have to get ready for Superbowl Sunday. Lots of cooking to do. Maybe next time and when it gets warmer. Hopefully the car will be done soon. Damn money pit.
Old 02-03-2010 | 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Quick question fellas. How do you change the text underneath your sign-on name? Mine says Teching in. How do I change that? Thanks.
Old 02-03-2010 | 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not sure if he was cuz he still stay longer there ! so never got to hear em , forgot what kinda wheels they were but its a young dude like middle 20s
yeah thats prob the same dude im talkin about... he thought i was weird cause i didnt like the way the LE grilles looked on our cars (the ones that connect the stripes and is painted red)... iunno i just dont like those i like my set up ALOT better! but he is pretty cool and his friend has a pro charged LT1
Old 02-03-2010 | 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
yeah thats prob the same dude im talkin about... he thought i was weird cause i didnt like the way the LE grilles looked on our cars (the ones that connect the stripes and is painted red)... iunno i just dont like those i like my set up ALOT better! but he is pretty cool and his friend has a pro charged LT1
i agree lol
Old 02-03-2010 | 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5LTRETR97
Quick question fellas. How do you change the text underneath your sign-on name? Mine says Teching in. How do I change that? Thanks.
have to post on different threads other then the texas sections , and im in alvin , im trying to see if any of the guys from xp or others want to go .. and 9.99 50 pc mcd nuggets ftmfw!
Old 02-03-2010 | 08:40 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

dont listen to red281gt he's a cop

jk jk jose

Quick Reply: Tha Kemah hangout??