Rockets vs Trail Blazers Round 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009 | 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
The foul on yao near the end was ridiculous with Roy coming over his back. Missed free throws, Portland being on, and the poor officiating is why we lost this game. I don't think you will see all of those things present in the remaining games.
Best post in this thread so far.
Old 04-22-2009 | 08:49 PM
On The Tree

we need to also keep Roy and Blake outta the paint. weakside defense when Aldridge, Outlaw and Pryz are backing down our smaller forwards and making our free throws should be the key's to next game.

make the taller and longer guys earn their shots by shooting OVER you, not driving past you. once they get in our interior we are not going to be able to stop them when Yao is not on the floor. and we all know he can't play more than 34-35 minutes.

Lowry and Wafer need to maintain their intensity. Lowry is the best person on our team that knows exactly how to draw contact and get big guys in fould trouble.
Old 04-22-2009 | 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Deke will be missed. He was a good defender when he was in the game...
But the Refs took Yao out of this game....
Coming home for the next two wins.
Old 04-23-2009 | 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

The Refs have been sucking in this series. Fortunately, we made too many points in the first game for it to matter.
Old 04-23-2009 | 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by imlooking
apparently you didn't see how much of a factor Deke was in game 1

he played Pryz and Oden EVEN BETTER than Yao did.

and just look at today's game, without Yao on the court we had no inside presence. you act like a rokkie that's never seen the game of basketball played.

Deke brings the leadership and passion to ever game. he gets vocal and "coaches" from the bench.

i think you'll change your tone after seeing what a cluster **** we were without a true Center in the game when yao was on the bench.
Dude, you are retarted. I'm not sure how deke was such a huge factor in a game that was a 30 point blowout win. Maybe you forgot yao only played 24 minutes, the only reason deke got significant playing time. Deke will be missed as a big body, he will still be there on the bench to cheer on the team but he wouldn't have had a big impact on the series. I think the rookie basketball watcher is you son.

Last edited by Deerhunter-Z28; 04-23-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2009 | 09:41 AM
Banned

tell that to deerhunter

Yao didn't score in the second half cuz Deke played 80% of the second half. he dominated the paint, grabbed 10 rebounds, blocked 3 shots and kept Roy and Blake outta the paint.

this series just got turned upside down. with Yao on the bench we have Scola and Landry desperatley trying to play bigger than they are. they ARE NOT a defensive presence down low. Roy, Aldridge, Blake and Fernandez were relentlesly going to the rack the whole game.

it's going to be very difficult without Deke to win this series, especieally with how long and athletic the Blazers are
Dude, you really are an idiot. Yao didn't play the second half cause we were up by 30 points! C'mon you're not really that dumb are you?
Old 04-23-2009 | 01:07 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Dude, you really are an idiot. Yao didn't play the second half cause we were up by 30 points! C'mon you're not really that dumb are you?
I think he was trying to say that the lead was maintained because Deke was in the game instead of Yao. I agree that we have major defensive issues when Yao is on the bench because of Portland's size. We will adjust, but it is definitely going to be a battle inside when Yao hits the bench. These home games will be fun to watch
Old 04-23-2009 | 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree that we have major defensive issues when Yao is on the bench because of Portland's size.
Old 04-23-2009 | 02:06 PM
Banned

I think he was trying to say that the lead was maintained because Deke was in the game instead of Yao. I agree that we have major defensive issues when Yao is on the bench because of Portland's size. We will adjust, but it is definitely going to be a battle inside when Yao hits the bench. These home games will be fun to watch
Shiit, that game was over after the first quarter, I could have been in there playing center and the lead would have been maintained. Like I said we will miss deke's big body but it's not like he was a major part of the team for 99% of the year.
Old 04-23-2009 | 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -Ross-
[IMG]http://www.toplessrobot.com/SweepTheLeg.jpg[/MG]
hahah, we need utah to do that to kobe for us!
Old 04-23-2009 | 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Dude, you are retarted. I'm not sure how deke was such a huge factor in a game that was a 30 point blowout win. Maybe you forgot yao only played 24 minutes, the only reason deke got significant playing time. Deke will be missed as a big body, he will still be there on the bench to cheer on the team but he wouldn't have had a big impact on the series. I think the rookie basketball watcher is you son.
i guess keeping everyone out of the paint in the second half pretty much by himself had NOTHING to do with maintaining a 30 PT lead. that was Game 1.

in Game 2 you saw exactly what happened to the Rockets while Yao was on the bench. points in the paint killed up. we had no interior defense and scrubs like Blake were getting to the rack with no problems. Roy was at5tacking the basket because HE KNEW no one was going to stop him. Aldridge and Outlaw were getting so close to the bucket on transition that they were scoring at will.

i know it ain't my business but are you a syndrome baby by chance !?!?
Old 04-23-2009 | 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Silly Rockets fans
Old 04-23-2009 | 05:19 PM
Banned

i guess keeping everyone out of the paint in the second half pretty much by himself had NOTHING to do with maintaining a 30 PT lead. that was Game 1.

in Game 2 you saw exactly what happened to the Rockets while Yao was on the bench. points in the paint killed up. we had no interior defense and scrubs like Blake were getting to the rack with no problems. Roy was at5tacking the basket because HE KNEW no one was going to stop him. Aldridge and Outlaw were getting so close to the bucket on transition that they were scoring at will.

i know it ain't my business but are you a syndrome baby by chance !?!?
I'm not sure where to start here, you do realize Portland was a 54 win team right? You didn't think they would play as poorly game 2 as they did game 1? Roy is a special player, you can't stop a guy like that you can only slow him down. With the way the refs were calling game 2 it was easy for him to penetrate because he knew the rockets couldn't be as aggresive with him as they were in game 1. As was already stated, deke didn't play in all 3 games during the regular season and we won 2 of 3 and would have won all 3 if it wasn't for roys miracle 3 pointer at the buzzer. How old are you? 17 or 18?

Back on subject, I think the rockets win 3 and 4 to go up 3-1 and since I picked rockets in 6 I'll stick with that but wouldn't be surprised at all if they win in 5.
Old 04-23-2009 | 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What did you do with the last 2 tickets?
Old 04-23-2009 | 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
What did you do with the last 2 tickets?
Sold em son you should have acted fast.
Old 04-23-2009 | 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What section will you be sitting in again jizzle?
Old 04-23-2009 | 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

I want tickets!!!
Old 04-23-2009 | 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shackleford
I want tickets!!!
How much money you got to spend?
Old 04-23-2009 | 10:18 PM
Teching In

granted the rockets are small without yao in the game and scola landry and hayes wont stop aldridge and pryz and oden every time down court but they are all good enough defenders to be on the court against them guys.. as far as the refs, they did suck ***, every lil touch was called, and that ruines a game, but they didnt cost us the game, i thought they were pretty fair on both ends.. the rockets cost them selfs the game with their sorry free throw shooting end of story
Old 04-23-2009 | 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
How much money you got to spend?
lol. Not a lot.

Quick Reply: Rockets vs Trail Blazers Round 1