Rockets Vs. Lakers Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009 | 04:22 PM
Texas Director

As much as I want to see the Rockets beat the Lakers and take the series, it's just not going to happen. I see the Lakers taking the next two games and winning the series 4-2. Tuesday nights game will probably be a blowout.
Old 05-11-2009 | 04:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mmiller
As much as I want to see the Rockets beat the Lakers and take the series, it's just not going to happen. I see the Lakers taking the next two games and winning the series 4-2. Tuesday nights game will probably be a blowout.
Damn, man. Have some faith. LOL!
Old 05-11-2009 | 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
yup... It's rare someone can lock kb24 down but his whole team can beat you as long as kobe is on the floor penetrating and dishing out open looks. This laker team is Awesome! I love watching a great team.

yea the lakers are not good... they're a great "team"
Well they didn't get it done last year and i'd like to see them choke again this year............doesn't matter what round as long as they dont get a ring ! ! !
Old 05-11-2009 | 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by R.E.double.D.
Well they didn't get it done last year and i'd like to see them choke again this year............doesn't matter what round as long as they dont get a ring ! ! !
I think the Cavs would beat the Lakers in the Finals anyway.
Old 05-11-2009 | 06:43 PM
01z
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
After watching replay footage, does anyone get the slight feeling that maybe the Lakers blew this game on purpose? Yao is out and they feel extremely confident. What's to say they wouldn't tell all of their less fortunate friends and family to make a bet against them?

/conspiracy theory
maybe they want to draw out the series to keep bringing in more revenue, selling out the stadiums and all
Old 05-11-2009 | 07:14 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Damn, man. Have some faith. LOL!
Me having faith or not having faith in whether the Rockets are going to win the series has nothing to do with whether they win or lose. I'm just looking at the reality of things. I hope they win it because I'm not a big fan of the Lakers and Phil Jackson. What happened on Sunday will give LA huge motivation for Tuesday night's game and Houston will probably get throttled by double digits. I'll definitely be pulling for the Rockets though!
Old 05-11-2009 | 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
After watching replay footage, does anyone get the slight feeling that maybe the Lakers blew this game on purpose? Yao is out and they feel extremely confident. What's to say they wouldn't tell all of their less fortunate friends and family to make a bet against them?

/conspiracy theory

dude, thats what im saying. watching the game and highlights the lakers didnt even attempt to even play any defense.. kinda like they blew it on purpose? so i dunno man.

i think it will be kobe vs. lebron show. but i think lakers will beat the cavs if they do play. cavs are a good team, but phil and kobe in the finals is tough to bet against.
Old 05-11-2009 | 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
dude, thats what im saying. watching the game and highlights the lakers didnt even attempt to even play any defense.. kinda like they blew it on purpose? so i dunno man.

i think it will be kobe vs. lebron show. but i think lakers will beat the cavs if they do play. cavs are a good team, but phil and kobe in the finals is tough to bet against.
The Celtics beat the Lakers last year. The Cavs are a better team than the Celtics, now.
Old 05-11-2009 | 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Shackleford
The Celtics beat the Lakers last year. The Cavs are a better team than the Celtics, now.
yeah no doubt man. the celtics did outmuscle the lakers. curious what the outcome would have been with bynum in the lineup though. odom never showed up the entire finals. but not taking away anything from the celtics.. ****, with allen, pierce, and K.G. u better win.

hey rockets fans, just curious do u guys keep T-MAC or cut him? it seems like every year hes hurt or YAO is hurt. when T-MAC is on hes one of the best players.. just want to know what u guys would do?
Old 05-12-2009 | 07:54 AM
Texas Director

hey rockets fans, just curious do u guys keep T-MAC or cut him? it seems like every year hes hurt or YAO is hurt. when T-MAC is on hes one of the best players.. just want to know what u guys would do?
Once McGrady gets healthy the Rockets need to trade him. They are a much better team without T-Mac. The guy misses too many games with minor "injuries", like a cold or a hangnail and he has no heart. He's gotta go! It will be interesting to see what Houston does in the offseason to improve this team.
Old 05-12-2009 | 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't care much for T-Mac anymore, but next year is a "contract year" for him. I think that will motivate him to not miss games for wuss-boy reasons. If he is playing well and we are winning, I say just hold on to him and let him sign somewhere else next offseason.

I'd really like to re-sign Artest.
Old 05-12-2009 | 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't care much for T-Mac anymore, but next year is a "contract year" for him. I think that will motivate him to not miss games for wuss-boy reasons. If he is playing well and we are winning, I say just hold on to him and let him sign somewhere else next offseason.

We need Artest back. I think he likes Houston and enjoys the hard work the team puts in. I saw him cruising in his Lambo on I10 after one of the Portland games

And Artest with a healthy McGrady would make the Rockets very hard to beat. Brooks, McGrady, Artest, Scola and Yao....awesome. Battier, Landry, Wafer, Lowry coming off the bench. Plus who knows what the super athletic White is capable of, and Dorsey is another big body to go along with Hayes.
Old 05-12-2009 | 10:02 AM
On The Tree

I agree with you guys. I don't care much for McGrady anymore either. BUT Ron has to comeback. I love the aggressiveness he brings to the Rockets. I was kinda worried when he first got here. It made me think of Dennis Rodman and his antics, but I have been pleasantly surprised with Ron's attutide. I knew he could play, but the atttitude was a huge issue with me.

Last edited by GO4URS; 05-12-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-12-2009 | 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

i remember when T-MAC was in orlando guy was a beast and easily top 10 players on the league. that just sucks that hes always hurt, or Yao is always hurt.

i definitely would keep him on my team, as long as he is healthy though.
Old 05-12-2009 | 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah. Artest was a good addition to the team. I think he's become more of a team player, too.
Old 05-12-2009 | 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

go lakers
Old 05-12-2009 | 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i remember when T-MAC was in orlando guy was a beast and easily top 10 players on the league. that just sucks that hes always hurt, or Yao is always hurt.

i definitely would keep him on my team, as long as he is healthy though.
fn werd man
Old 05-12-2009 | 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sweating this game already!!
Old 05-12-2009 | 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

I don't understand how they can play so well one game then play so poorly the next.
Old 05-13-2009 | 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mmiller
lol you couldnt have called it any better than that!